No announcement yet.

Black Lightning #2.1: "Rise Of The Green Light Babies"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lightning #2.1: "Rise Of The Green Light Babies"

Count down and talk about tonight's Black Lightning season premiere LIVE here and then let this be the forum thread when it airs!

Tonight's episode is REALLY GOOD!

Pics: http://blacklightningtv.com/black-li...-light-babies/

Great premiere. There wasn't a single dull moment at all as the Black Lighting Family AND the villains faced consequences for their own actions from the past season. It was crock full of good drama as opposed to melodrama. It's no wonder why they titled this season "The Book of Consequences". Everyone on that show was really feeling the backlash, and it was fascinating to see how they all reacted to it in their own way.
    Looking forward to seeing how the pierce family gets out of the mess they got themselves into.... if they can at all.

Comment

Boy, they came right out the gate swinging First and foremost, I loved how the episode was kind of a deconstruction and realistic depiction of how the superhero lifestyle works out, what with Jefferson's school being under investigation, Jennifer not being a fan of her powers, Lynn being interrogated by Bill Dukes and Anissa robbing drug dealers with Parliament playing in the background in order to help the church try and sue the government. I did also like how Henderson was able to figure out Jeff was Black Lightning purely through deductive reasoning, although how no one figured out it was him earlier was funny considering he only covers his eyes in the costume.

Honorable mention goes to the churchgoers staying locked and loaded when Anissa comes in to deliver the money she took. That made my night.
      Last edited by AsteroidMike; 10-10-2018, 04:18 AM.

Comment

Great episode. My only negative was the fact that Syonide was killed off. I mean, unless the actress for her has other shows/movies to do then fine. But after surviving the entire first season her death in the season 2 opener seemed to come out of nowhere. Unless she's not really dead even though Tobias made it seem like she did really was killed.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎