No announcement yet.

Season 7 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 7 Spoilers Thread

Post any season 7 related spoilers/news in this thread. Feel free to post any theories and/or speculations as well.

Three new castings have been announced for the new season... Holly Elissa (Whistler), Michael Jonsson (Van Helsing) and Miranda Edwards (The Magicians, Orphan Black) have been cast as the lethal Longbow Hunters. The legendary group of assassins were recruited by Ricardo Diaz (Kirk Acevedo) to exact his revenge on Oliver and the team after they took down his burgeoning criminal empire last season.

https://deadline.com/2018/07/arrow-h...on-1202430887/

Comment

Arrow S7 trailer:

I enjoyed the prison scenes.

Comment

Someone please post the spoiler that who is green arrow in season 7 when oliver is in jail?

Comment

Not a spoiler, but just a hunch: It's Roy.

Comment

It looks like Oliver won't be out anytime soon. It would beyond amazing if he's in the slammer til the crossover, but I'd be content if he's locked up 3-5 eps.

My theory is that not only will Roy pick up the slack for Oliver in the interim ... he will either inherit the GA mantle or have it given to him at series end, DK Rises-style. Maybe even with Speedy by his side?

Diggle's shot at it was last season and if he ever wanted lasting happiness with Lyla and Jr. --- he should know by now it won't be as GA.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
              It looks like Oliver won't be out anytime soon. It would beyond amazing if he's in the slammer til the crossover, but I'd be content if he's locked up 3-5 eps.

My theory is that not only will Roy pick up the slack for Oliver in the interim ... he will either inherit the GA mantle or have it given to him at series end, DK Rises-style. Maybe even with Speedy by his side?

Diggle's shot at it was last season and if he ever wanted lasting happiness with Lyla and Jr. --- he should know by now it won't be as GA.
              From what I was told it wasn't so much that Diggle wanted to be GA, he wanted to be IN CHARGE. Whether or not it was as GA or Spartan is up for debate, but from what I've read Diggle was simply fed up with playing second fiddle to Oliver on the team. He thought Oliver passing the mantle to him was Oliver stepping down for good and then he felt the whole situation blow up in his face when Oliver realized his itch to be a hero would never die.

Diggle knows that as long as Oliver is GA he will never be in charge, that's why he left. It sounds selfish and unDiggle-ish (from the John I knew from seasons 1-4, anyways) but maybe it played out better on screen then what I read on paper, who knows?

Comment

Diggle's rift with Oliver played out better than the silly old vs. new team rift because of Oliver and Dig's long history. Diggle made some valid points about Oliver's leadership, but so did Oliver on Diggle re: all of a sudden not backing his play. The way it played out seemed more believable to me because Dig had a frank heart-to-heart with Lyla, before the big blowout so in this context his beef was serious.

They didn't really sell Diggle wanting to be GA or lead vigilante, that part of his motivation sort of came out of left field and many fans wondered where it came from.

They tried to make it out that being Spartan wasn't enough for him, etc., that Diggle wanted to be GA and Oliver deciding that he was going to stay as GA after all made it look like a betrayal. I didn't really buy it, as for YEARS, Diggle was his right hand and #1 loyalist (most of the time).

What made more sense in Diggle's beefs were his issues with Oliver's leadership and superhero-ing style, which isn't the greatest in terms of team building. But Oliver had a good counter too, since Diggle stood to be counted for many of those (in hindsight) poor decisions over the years -- and now he had a problem with it? And it's not the first time Diggle has clashed with Oliver on his vigilante m.o. aka "You would have been dead ten times over if it wasn't for me" rant a few seasons back. He's disagreed with Oliver's style in the past (but not as vocally as he should have), and it boiled over this season.

So this time was a long overdue "identity crisis" for Diggle, one that IMO he should have had a few seasons ago. As for him wanting to be GA or the leader, that angle was meh and not as well executed/written.

Comment

I didn't really find Diggle's points valid at the time. Before they really started going at it, one of his points he brought up was not going to save Vince/Vigilante when they had the chance. Let's see... guy who knows how to handle himself and can heal from (what they knew at the time) practically anything, or go after the bomb that could wipe out the city? They had no idea if they would find evidence to stop Cayden's vendetta. Oliver's call was the right one. Dinah's wasn't. I seem to recall having similar opinions on the other points. Oliver may not be the best leader, and he may not always make the right call, but the calls Diggle brought up? They were all the right ones in comparison to what Dig said they should've done.

Assuming they plan to end the series after this season (it mainly depends how serious Pedowitz was about not cancelling any of those shows for a couple years yet), I like the DKR idea of Roy inheriting the mantle.

Comment

The more I think about it, the more I believe that Roy really is the only one worthy enough to take on the mantle if/when Oliver decides to set it aside. The series, people involved have all expressed how TDK trilogy has influenced their show so it feels like Roy taking the mantle as his own, being a hero in his own right would seem to be the way they'd go with it.

Diggle may believe he'd deserve it, as Oliver's right hand all these years, but his (brief) stint at it was probably as close as he's going to get in this series. Apparently he was the only one who thought he'd be suited for it in the long-term and he didn't make a great case for why he should be GA. I think questioning Oliver's leadership style, and actually wanting to be GA and/or team lead, are more separate issues than Diggle perhaps realized.

I didn't have as much of a problem with Diggle calling out Oliver's errors on principle (Dig's timing in doing so and his points are certainly up for debate -- and Oliver justly countered many of them). I expect and even want Diggle to raise questions about some of the choices Oliver makes, especially in the capacity of offering him alternatives or holding him back from doing things rashly.

Diggle's been portrayed as almost blindly loyal, but I think that's only partially accurate. He's pushed back at times during the series not just in S6, and even during the throes of that ridiculous team civil war as I recall. His fault is in maybe not pushing back at the right time or forcefully enough when it could have made a difference. It's when he's in unquestioning "yes man" mode re: Team Arrow that I found him irksome the longer it went on.

His wanting to be GA and, by default, team lead are where he basically lost footing with me, because it sort of materialized out of the blue. He was fine being Spartan for years ... and now it's not good enough for him all of a sudden? I guess his heart-to-heart with Lyla was supposed to mean that he's had misgivings for some time, but we'd have to assume (headcanon territory here) that he's been silently brooding about it for years and not being vocal about it until this season.

I have a feeling Oliver will check out of the vigilante life for similar reasons as Diggle, and it'll be primarily the fatherhood/family thing. Their sons' needs will take precedence, whatever their feelings about needing to save the city, be a better hero, etc. Like Bruce in DKR, Oliver will have contingencies in place to continue his GA legacy.

Just on the exceptionally high price Roy had paid aka taking the fall for the Hood/Arrow's vigilante crimes and killings to keep Oliver in the vigilante game, it would not only be fair -- but right -- that Roy gets to don the GA hood, make the identity his own. Diggle's not even in the running when we consider what Roy gave up: his name, his reputation, his "life". Oliver getting back Roy's rep in the S6 finale removes one big hurdle that could have prevented a Roy Harper ascendancy to a GA endgame. With his name back, Roy could really do anything now.

It would be too DKR on-point if Diggle does the Alfred thing in the end and checks in on post-GA Oliver and Felicity's life in some Italian bistro, but I wouldn't put it past them. (Sorry if I just "spoiled" the Arrow series finale, fans.

Some past reviews out there mentioned how Oliver not giving anyone the heads-up about becoming Al Sahhim in S3 in order to undermine Ra's and the League from within was one of the questionable decisions he made. I'm not sure about that one -- if we go pass-fail on it, Oliver keeping the team in the dark was likely an acceptable trade-off (feelings be damned lol) compared with letting Ra's get the upper hand.

I know the situation been framed as a trust issue aka he should trust his teammates if they're going to be a team. But this isn't Flash or Supergirl-style team-building -- this is Arrow and Oliver's m.o. has long been doing what needs to be done to prevail -- even he's not at times upfront or even honest with his team.

Yes, he's evolving and being a better person/hero ... but at the same time everyone on the team knows what they signed up for and how Oliver operates. They volunteered.

I think Oliver thinking it was a "good" idea to let Malcolm become the next Ra's was probably a much bigger error in judgment than keeping the Al Sahhim scheme a secret, but whatever. Storywise, it would have been best for Nyssa to run a sword through Malcolm in S3 or S4 at the latest, but they chose to let the dude linger on well past his best before date.

Comment

Beard watch is officially over. SA has shaved the bush attached to his face aka Oliver must finally be out of jail. Puts it at around 7-07

Comment

Comment

Kirk Acevedo (Ricardo Diaz) has been promoted to a series regular.

https://tvline.com/2018/10/11/arrow-...-regular-diaz/

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
                            Beard watch is officially over. SA has shaved the bush attached to his face aka Oliver must finally be out of jail. Puts it at around 7-07
                            Only question is who gets him out of jail...an Amanda Waller that faked her death (lul), Lyla/Argus or the FBI chick via a deal I heard about from last season?

Comment

I'm more than fine with Oliver being in the slammer 6-7 episodes, I'd be okay with 3 eps. minimum in jail, so more is gravy to me.. That's within striking distance of the crossover, so there's plenty of time for prison yard fights and shiv dodging in the meantime.

Diaz nearly killed his family, and can reach inside to prison so I guess it's a ticking clock how long Oliver can stay locked up. Fed/ARGUS "safe houses" are a joke -- but aren't they all in the Flarrowverse.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎