Batwoman (The CW)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batwoman: "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work."

Huntress (Batman spin-off): "Yeah, if only there was some way to do that."

Power Girl (Superman spin-off): "Yeah, I can't help but feel like there's a way to avoid that."

Wasp (Ant-Man spin-off): "But what?"

Stature (Ant-Man spin-off): "My gut tells me that there has to be a way."

X-23 (Wolverine spin-off): "Yes, there has to be a way."

Spoiler (Batman spin-off): "Could it be possible?"

Goldstar (Booster Gold spin-off): "Yes, it does feel like there is a way."

Jade (Golden Age Green Lantern spin-off): "But, what would that be?"

Isis (Shazam spin-off): "I have no idea."

XS (The Flash spin-off): "Me neither."

Ultrawoman (Superman spin-off; Lois & Clark): "Haven't got a clue."

Golden Girl (Captain America spin-off): "Why are you asking me?"

I'm not hating on this show, I just found that line hilarious. She doesn't want Bruce to get the credit, for her work... While wearing his suit, his symbol and using a name that's dangerously close to "Batman". The obvious solution to the problem would be: use a different name, different symbol and costume. Granted, the problem is that she is an adaptation of Batwoman, so she can't really do that. But, then they shouldn't make Batman getting credit for her work an issue (as it's a problem with an obvious solution). Kate goes around, annoyed that people mistake her for Batman... Yet, it never occurs to her to create her own original persona, who wouldn't be mistaken for him.

The line makes it sounds like she thinks that Bruce is standing around, taking credit for her work, which isn't true. He quit, then she showed up, took (stole) his suit and is now cranky because they think she's someone else. If you've essentially stolen someone else's identity, don't be cranky if everything you do is attributed to that person (and not you).
    Last edited by jon-el87; 05-17-2019, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
      Batwoman: "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work."
      Of course, this is just a line in a trailer. It's out of context (how often have we not seen misleading trailers?). The way it's edited makes it seem like she's talking about herself and Bruce, but it might not be. She doesn't say "I'm not about to let Bruce take credit for my work.", she says "I'm not about to let a man take credit for a woman's work".

Maybe she's talking about Rachel Skarsten's character (whom the trailer establishes as a villain) and some guy, who gets the credit (blame) for crimes committed by Skarsten's character; while her character walks free. Putting Kate in a position, where she has to prove the guy's innocence (assuming he's been framed and isn't just taking the fall) and take down the real villain.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 05-18-2019, 11:48 PM.

Comment

This is really happening. Cool.

I just read Elegy. Such a great comic.

Comment

That would be a wonderful couple isn't it?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎