No announcement yet.

Batwoman (The CW)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batwoman (The CW)

Previously announced as the special guest for this fall’s four-way crossover event, Batwoman is now being developed as a series for The CW.

Slated for a potential 2019 premiere, Batwoman would follow the adventures of Kate Kane.

Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-07-2019, 12:42 PM. Reason: KSiteTV links please!

The synopsis is just... If someone was completely unaware of who will produce this show and what network will air it, that description would clue them in perfectly. Pity they keep going back to Berlanti for new DC shows. Hence, I'll pass.

Caroline Dries is a familiar name for us Smallville fans. Started out as a script editor on Smallville and became a writer herself in season 5. She wrote some good ones (like Nemesis, Gemini and Instinct), but she also wrote some iffy ones (like Subterranean, Sleeper and Stiletto).

Comment

Yeah that description makes me not want to watch the series at all and any doubts they had for them picking Kathy Kane strictly because she's a lesbian just went out the window. Just more political pushing crap.

And even that aside there is really nothing here that makes me want to watch this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
        Yeah that description makes me not want to watch the series at all and any doubts they had for them picking Kathy Kane strictly because she's a lesbian just went out the window. Just more political pushing crap.

And even that aside there is really nothing here that makes me want to watch this show.
        Besides the obvious reasons for doing this show, I wonder if they're hoping it will open the door for famous Batman mythos characters to appear in the Arrowverse. It's been a well known obsession of Guggenheim and Berlanti's for a while now. Gotham will end next year, so that could make things easier on that front.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          Besides the obvious reasons for doing this show, I wonder if they're hoping it will open the door for famous Batman mythos characters to appear in the Arrowverse. It's been a well known obsession of Guggenheim and Berlanti's for a while now. Gotham will end next year, so that could make things easier on that front.
          Judging by Supergirl, they'll give Batwoman Batman supporting characters and villains (along with giving her many of his plotlines). However, with the Bat-characters, there'll no doubt be restrictions. Nightwing is on Titans, so they won't be allowed to use Dick Grayson. Nor Jason Todd, as he's apparently also on there. Bruce won't be allowed to appear (and, honestly, would you really want him to? This would be a Berlanti show. Meaning that they'd put him down, while banging the drums about how much better Kate is). If this takes place on Arrowverse Earth-1, then Helena Bertinelli could probably not be used. Wasn't Batgirl getting a movie or something? Then she'd be off-limits. Then there's the planned Birds of Prey movie, which'll bring on more restrictions

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
            Bruce won't be allowed to appear (and, honestly, would you really want him to? This would be a Berlanti show. Meaning that they'd put him down, while banging the drums about how much better Kate is).
            No I don't want Bruce to appear for the reasons you've stated. Regarding this show I wouldn't mind if Bruce still had his parents alive with no mention of him active as Batman in anyway. So that way they could at least do their Batwoman stuff and leave Bruce alone, in hopefully, peace from Berlanti screwing him over.

Comment

Ruby Rose (Orange Is the New Black) has landed the lead of Kate Kane aka Batwoman. She will make her debut on the Arrowverse crossover later this year.

https://tvline.com/2018/08/07/ruby-r...n-cast-the-cw/

Comment

Comment

Meagan Tandy (Teen Wolf) , Camrus Johnson (Luke Cage) & Nicole Kang (You) have all been cast in the pilot:

Tandy will play Sophie Moore. After graduating from military academy, Sophie rose through the ranks to become a high-level private security agent and one of Gotham’s staunchest protectors. Despite her bite and regimented outlook, Sophie has a soft side, illuminated by Kate Kane’s return.

Johnson will portray Luke Fox. A Dark Knight loyalist and son of Wayne’s R&D director Lucius Fox, Luke works to keep Wayne Tower secure in his boss’s absence. While Luke considers himself the guardian of all things Batman — specifically his symbol — he also recognizes the city’s need for a new hero.

Kang is Mary Hamilton. Excitable, talkative, and an influencer-in-the-making, Mary is Kate Kane’s step-sister and polar opposite. But what Mary lacks in a filter, she makes up for with her compassion for Gotham’s underserved communities, proving she has more in common with Kate than she thinks.
                  [URL="http://www.ksitetv.com/batwoman/three-cast-members-announced-for-the-batwoman-pilot/188160/[/URL]
                  Last edited by KSiteTV; 02-07-2019, 12:38 PM. Reason: KSiteTV links please!

Comment

Well this got my attention.

Love Rachel Skarsten. She's going to bring it.

Comment

Dougray Scott (Snatch, Hemlock Grove) has joined the cast in the pilot as Kate Kane’s dad Jacob Kane

http://www.ksitetv.com/batwoman/doug...rector/189366/

Comment

Not really excited about this one. Not really a fan of Kate, and really didn't like her back story in the cross over. I guess I'll have to wait and see, but I just don't see this one being on my watch list.

Comment

It’s officially been ordered to series!!!

Comment

That promo teaser was a shot at Gotham's finale.

Lots of possibilities with Batwoman such as teaming up with Supergirl.

I'm betting that they will give Batowoman the Batman stuff much like they did to Supergirl with Superman's stuff.

I hope a couple of characters from Arrow would jump ship to Batwoman like Huntress and Katanna.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎