No announcement yet.

Krypton #1.5 "The House of Zod"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krypton #1.5 "The House of Zod"

Count down to tonight's Krypton and talk about it LIVE as it airs!

Here are pics:

10 - Kneel before this episode
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Walter is Zod, really?
    0%

I miss the live chatters

Anyway, this is now the episode thread, so have at it!

Comment

To me, it wasn't as good as the other episodes were but at the same time it was still very solid story-telling.

So now we have another time-traveler now besides Adam Strange.

Comment

No surprise what subject this episode was going to deal with. I thought it was very unsightful in regards to Jayna and why she is as cold hearted as she is. And, even though he only appeared for a brief while, we found out more about Colin Salmon's character. I had my suspicions that he's a Zod. At first I thought he was Lyta's father. And when we saw Jayna's flashbacks, I thought he was Jayna's brother. Turns out he's Lyta's descendant. And not just any descendant. If you watch the trailer for next week's episode, you will find out that [SPOILER]he is Zod! I thought this show didn't have permission to introduce him! I was always interested in Colin's storyline and now it's increased 10 fold.[/SPOILER]

The storyline about the Vexes' (?) coup is interesting. And I must say that Nyssa is rapidly becoming the most intriguing character for me on this show. She's not too bad to look at either.

I wasn't too interested in Seg's storyline this week, but at least it ties to what Colin Salmon's character is after.

At the halfway point of the season, I'd say that Krypton hasn't been perfect but it's building towards something big. My only worry is how much melodrama there's going to be. Daron's fling with Kor-Da just cam out of left field and didn't feel like serving any purpose. Plus, with Nyssa starting to fall for Seg, we are edging closer to a possible Lyta/Seg/Nyssa love triangle. Or love square if you add Dev to the mix.
        Last edited by costas22; 04-19-2018, 04:06 PM.

Comment

I am half expecting Lex Luthor to show up at some point now. LOL.

Comment

Those last few minutes and the promo for the rest of the season gave me chills. How will this first year end? [SPOILER] Not only do we have General Zod but, Doomsday is also coming too.[/SPOILER] Hopefully we don’t go the Gotham route by having all the main Superman villains come to the show before there was a Superman.

Comment

I should probably review the episode before too much more time passes.

I was initially admittedly a little disappointed that the series as broadcast wasn't connected to the DCEU any longer, but after what the creators did with this Dru-Zod reveal, I now totally understand why they had to change course, and applaud them for it.

Bringing in Dru-Zod is a brilliant creative move that completely changed the dynamic of the series and renders everything we thought we knew about where the story was headed false... although I do want to go on record and state that I did kind of predict Brainiac not actually being the "threat from the future" that Strange mentions in the Pilot (even noting as much in my review).

I love both Jayna and Lyta and have since the Pilot, and seeing Jayna's history play itself out through introspective flashbacks was awesome and completely explains why she is the way she is and what lies behind her frosty relationship with Lyta, although the fact that she does what she ends up doing in agreeing to support the Vexes in their coup attempt demonstrates that there's far more to that relationship than meets the eye, which is just great.

Speaking of Lyta, her confusion over Daron-Vex's literal last-second change of heart was priceless. I also really liked her conversation with Dev-Em wherein they talk about how they first met and she admits that she does love him, even if her love for Seg burns stronger, a sequence which, incidentally, would've been my favorite "moment" in the episode if not for the brilliance of the showdown between her and her future son.

Moving away from the titular House of Zod, I liked the way Nyssa and Daron were used in this episode, even if there wasn't nearly enough of them, and I found it both fascinating and a little bit frightening given the implications it carries for how determined he is to ultimately getting what he wants.

And now we come to our hero,Seg, and his sidekicks. The writers using Seg's escape from Dru-Zod and his Faux Black Zero crew as a vehicle to deepen the mythology by introducing the Cythonnites - who, it appears, are being led by a literal incarnation of the Goddess Cythonna herself - was really cool, and I'm really intrigued to learn more - as we inevitably will - about why they're so fearful of his family.

As with the Vexes, I wanted more Kem in this episode, if only because he's hilarious, but at the same time can understand why he wasn't really a factor in the story.

We learned a little bit about Adam Strange's sexual proclivities in this episode, which I found really interesting, and also enjoyed his little excursion with Lyta and Lieutenant Teq to rescue Seg, even though he was basically just a "third wheel".

The absence of both of Blake Ritson's characters and Val-El in this one made me sad, but there was enough else going on that their absence is ultimately neither here nor there.

With the "Zod of it all" out of the bag and new intriguing mysteries and story ideas in play now, House of Zod has set the stage for what should be an extremely exciting back half of the season, and I can't wait to see what happens in Civil Wars and beyond.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎