No announcement yet.

#4.18 "That's Entertainment"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Haggard01
    Last episode for me was just another highlighting of problem is Gordon and the GCPD being able to take down the A game Batman villains and their plans. Gordon with the GCPD stopped a full on Joker plot of spreading laughing gas in Gotham to turn people mad, really? There is zero reason for Bruce to even become Batman if the GCPD is able to take down the threats like this when they are using the A-level schemes that Batman would normally deal with.

Something that is obvious for numerous other things throughout the show where Gordon is able to handle and defeat Gotham villains in their final form.

Like wouldn't be a problem if they actually had Bruce activity running around as a masked vigilante and working towards his way of becoming Batman, but they very clearly do not want to do that.

Don't believe me? Look at how much they have Bruce running around as Bruce Wayne, like for example when taking on Jerome some episodes back or elsewhere.

Sorry writers, your trying to have your cake and eat it too and it's not exactly working. Either have the villains in their finale form with Bruce as a full-on vigilante actively stopping them as the main character with Gordon and the GCPD being unable to as they keep failing.

Or don't have the villains as their finale selves of Riddler, Freeze, Scarecrow, and so forth with Bruce, not as a vigilante.

So yeah they've written themselves into a corner of basically not needing Batman at all if Gordon and the GCPD are able to handle the major villains and their plans.

If they want to have a show where the GCPD can handle the main Gotham villains, then kill Bruce Wayne off since you clearly don't need him.

Also, I've heard the reasoning 'Oh the villains are not at their A game or they are still learning" yeah I'm not buying that excuse at all. We've seen too much from the villains in the show where they have long since passed the point of being in their "learning" phase.
    They're not doing fine. This past episode only ended as well as it did for everyone because another villain helped, Jerome let himself die and Bruce and Jeremiah got involved. Last season, the virus was released, resulting in mass panic, which was only stopped by Jim on crazy virus cutting Jervis Tetch's throat because he didn't have time to escape with him and the court of owls was killed by the LOA. and in s2 despite stopping a bomb, all the monsters escaped. Bruce was the one to actually stop Jerome and prevent his escape last season too, after Jerome destroyed the city's power center and incited a riot. So far the police have been fairly not able to hold their own much. Crazy Lee is the one who stopped Sofia and saved Jim. Sofia is the one who killed Professor Pig. Ra's was only arrested because he wanted to be too.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎