No announcement yet.

Krypton #1.4 "The Word of Rao"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krypton #1.4 "The Word of Rao"

Count down to tonight's Krypton (10 MINUTES!) and talk about it LIVE when it's on! Then let this be the episode thread!

Pics HERE: http://www.kryptonsite.com/krypton-e...e-word-of-rao/
    10 - Great Rao!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Infected with badness
    0%

...if no one live-posts, then by all means let this be the episode thread! And visit KryptonSite.com for a post-mortem!

Comment

Colin Salmon's character reminds me a bit of Saw Gerrera from Rogue One. The promo for next week's episode probably spoils who he really is. Making his interactions with Seg all the more interesting.

The twist at the end of the episode was interesting. Turns out the Voice of Rao wasn't someone familiar. Just a random guy who's now possessed by Brainiac.

Comment

To quote Heath Ledger's Joker, "And here we go".

After 3 episodes of setup, character development, and world-building, The Word of Rao kicks things into overdrive narratively by taking the gloves off, as it were, and putting all of its cards on the table.

Although we were briefly introduced to him last week, we get to formally meet new Series Regular Colin Salmon, who is ostensibly aligned with Black Zero but whose agenda and goals are clearly different, seeing as how he knows about Brainiac and wants to stop him.

Speaking of Brainiac, or at least the actor playing him, it's nice to know that I got something right when I brought up the possibility of him being portrayed by Blake Ritson in an uncredited role, especially since the character is now literally one of Brainiac's agents, and am really interested to see what happens now that all of Kryptonian society is being controlled by a "puppet ruler".

Speaking of rulers, or at least the rule of law, I was caught totally off-guard by the revelation that Deron and Nyssa-Vex are indeed playing somebody, but that said somebody is the Voice of Rao, and I can't wait to see if we find out what their motivations are and just how long of a con they've been planning. I also can't wait to see what happens if and/or when Seg finds out the truth and they find out the truth about Val-El's seemingly heretical research.

And then we have Kem and Ona. I really want to know more about their relationship to each other and Kem's relationship to Rhom, because there's clearly more going on than Kem just being a close family friend. I'm also worried about what's going to possibly happen to Ona now that the Voice of Rao has become a Brainiac Sentry.

Going back to the Vexes for a moment, or at least their planned coup, I really want to know what Jayna-Zod is going to decide to do, especially with next week's episode apparently being focused on her and her House and the following episode being titled "Civil Wars". I also want to know if Nyssa is going to allow Lyta to continue her liaisons with Set assuming that she doesn't want nd up being put to death and he makes it back to Kandor City alive.

With its multiple revelations and plot devlopments, The Word of Rao has turned Krypton into "must-watch" television for me, and with only six episodes left in the season, Wednesday nights can't come quickly enough (although I might end up making Sundays my "watch day" for the show since that's the day Afterbuzz TV airs their aftershow for it).

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎