0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Rut-roh, Raggy. Rat was rad!
    0%

Haven't watched this show in ages, but I thought it was easy to get into the episode, without having to have seen all prior episodes. That's always a positive.

Liked Dean's "Deancave/Fortress of Deaitude" remark. Kinda makes sense that he's into Scooby Doo. He grew up, traveling with his dad and fighting real demons and here's a show, that presents a pleasant alternative. Where all the monsters are just creepy guys in masks.

Thought the crossover worked well. Having the ghost be a kid, creates a logic of why they'd be sent into a cartoon show of all things. Crossovers can be a tricky thing. Sometimes, the shows just doesn't gell and then you've got cases where the choices made by the writers on one show affects the ones that they've had crossovers with (I'm refering to St. Elsewhere and the Tommy Westphall universe hypothesis). Here, you've just got the characters from one show, being transported into a TV and ending up on another show. Neither is affected, as the latter is a work of fiction in the former. It does open for an interesting premise and maybe an annual thing, where the guys get sucked into different TV shows.

My only issue is the Scrappy cameo. They should've had Dean try and beat the crap out of him.

Comment

Well, I have to admit, I am a bit disappointed in this episode. It was far more uneven than I expected. There were parts I really, really loved (literally LOLed at) but I wish that we’d a.) had more focus on Scooby himself and b.) gotten Scooby snacks (at least a reference!).

Anyway, we jumped right into it. No “Then” and “now”. Just right into the boys fighting a plushie suit?! They destroy it and Dean says “killing Barney? Was pretty satisfying though, wasn’t it?” The owner offers them anything they want and Dean takes a big TV. (Immediately knew it was cursed.)

Sam still researching the case, Dean showing off the ‘Dean-cave’. (Oh and the “be like Elsa?” thing. Cute.)

They get zapped in and turned to (not the best animated) cartoons. Including the Impala.
      We even got a special title card (and a snippet of the Scooby opening! Nice!).

“Cas is kinda like a talking dog.” Heh.

Of course Dean idolizes the gang. And Sam being a party pooper by calling Scooby Marmaduke and telling Dean off for hitting on Daphne. Also, Dean hates Freddie?

Then they race. Of course the Mystery Machine is going to win. It’s a cartoon! It can go as fast as they want.

Everyone rooms together—boys with boys and girls with girls style. Dean in the nightgown.

We get the catchphrases after the first death. And Dean admitting he would take a bullet for Scooby.

Castiel shows up. We flash back to the real world to find out he’d gotten fruit from the tree of life after killing Djinn. “Think I’m…technically married to their Queen.”

Velma flirting with Sam. I dunno, that just felt weird to me?

Best part of the whole show—classic chase scene WITH the music. That was fantastic! I was grinning so hard.

The boys defeat the ghost (for now) with the iron candlesticks. Then they finally tell the gang the truth. Their different reactions were good but I can’t help but think that they should know the Supernatural is real. After all, they’ve faced it (Zombie Island, anyone? Witch’s Ghost?). I get it, we’re staying in the continuity of the TV series, I guess. Still…

Dean dropping the F word. Wow!

Of course Freddie’s trap didn’t work! They never do. Dean even references that.

Cas, Shag and Scoob get caught instead. But they get the ghost at last and it turns out to be a child who was being used by the guy from the real world.

They lie to the gang to reset their world (again, the Gang knows!) and Sam gets a kiss from Velma. Sam gets a kiss?! Okay.

Dean destroying the TV, then they confront the bad guy (too bad they couldn’t rip off a mask) and even Dean in an ascot. All cute stuff. But the fact that it really was a real estate scam was the perfect touch. Really clever.

And then the dude says THE line (though the boys and Cas aren’t exactly meddling ‘kids’). Dean’s excitement was great. And we even got a Scooby send off. Very cute.

So yeah, really loved some parts of it, was a bit disappointed in others. Wanted Scooby (and Shaggy) to get more screentime/dialogue. But overall, really liked it. And it’s always great to hear Frank Welker do his classic voices.

Comment

At first, I was saying to myself that I wasn't going to watch this... because why would I watch this show for one epidose when I stopped watching such a long time ago?

But I caved in, heh. the positive thing was that this ep didn't require me to have caught up with the series at all. The other positive thing about it is, they mostly hit all the right spots for it to be a true scooby crossover.

The negative is, as the poster above me pointed out... not enough lines with some of the characters there, such as scooby and shaggy.

Comment

I loved it.

Scooby Doo usually mixes well with anything it crosses over it, such as Batman Brave and the Bold, Batman and Robin, and this one here with Supernatural. Sam and Velma was the perfect pairing here, lol

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎