No announcement yet.

Black Lightning #1.10 "'Sins of the Father: The Book of Redemption"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lightning #1.10 "'Sins of the Father: The Book of Redemption"

Hated it? Loved it? What did you think of it.

edit: made a mistake, the ep number is supposed to read 1. 10, not 1.0.
    10-Electrifying as always!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--wish I was in suspended animation, so I didn't watch this.
    0%

ASA has somehow kept all the people they experimented on last time. They’re keeping them in stasis pods of some kind, which Anissa Pierce discovers when she follows Gambi’s tip. On her own, Anissa is too overwhelmed to do anything, so she runs home and tells her father. Jefferson still bristles at any mention of Gambi but agrees to suit up and follow Anissa.
    Naturally, the pods are gone by the time Black Lightning and Thunder return to the warehouse, but there are plenty of ASA henchmen lying in wait for them. The two superheroes show off their ever-improving teamwork skills, with Black Lightning forming a defensive lightning shield as his daughter attacks with a quake stomp. They make it out alive.

On the Family side: It looks like it’s going to take the Pierce family a while to figure out what’s going on with Jennifer. When provoked by Anissa, Jennifer proves that her powers are very similar to her father’s in the manifestation of external energy. But when Lynn looks at her under a microscope, she finds something alarming: Jennifer’s cells are pure energy. She’s a literal generator.

Jefferson Pierce is still mad at Gambi for lying to him his whole life, but it will probably be harder for viewers to look down on Gambi after this episode. After Black Lightning raided the ASA compound, it didn’t take Martin Proctor knows for a fact that Gambi has some way of contacting Black Lightning. So, he and some ASA goons kidnap Gambi — which they’re only able to do by threatening to start shooting at random people on the street, indicating that Gambi isn’t motivated solely by making up his debt to the Pierce family but is concerned about all innocent life.
    Once they have him at some black site, ASA goons give Gambi the full CIA torture treatment, complete with waterboarding. But he still isn’t talking, so Proctor tries a different tack:"How about we call in Jefferson Pierce, the man you helped raise as your own, and see if threatening him will make you talk?"

As you might guess, this leads to a very unintentionally funny scene. "If you don’t tell us who Black Lightning is, we’ll kill Jefferson Pierce!"

Jefferson takes Gambi back to the Black Lightning Cave to recuperate, while Gambi tells him to find the person currently occupying Gambi’s old position as a superhero scout for the ASA. Finding that person will be the best way to find where the kidnap victims have been taken. Unfortunately for Jefferson, the person in question is…Garfield High’s vice principal, his second in command.
    And she now knows who Jefferson is when he's not being the school principal or a father to his daughters.

My personal thoughts:
    Yet another good epidose as usual. I did find a few things about the show that I thought was weird.

What's with Anissa suddenly switching outfits from a white frilly outfit to a yellow frilly outfit in that one scene? felt like an continuity error to me. also, that yellow outfit was hideous.
    Also getting tired of Jennifer moaning about how she just wants to be normal, etc. We get it, girl. you don't need to repeat yourself.

Also not a big fan of Lala's scenes, but I guess they're setting him to be one of Freeland's big bads. Weridest superpower ever though, not sure what to make of his power.

I give this show a rating of 9/10.

Comment

That twist at the end with the asst. principal being in cooperation with ASA.

I like how he was able to quickly deduce that Jeff was Black Lightning, though I don't recall him actually being in the basement at the time Jeff and Gambi escaped.

Also, "Lala" is a bit scarier now that he's okay ripping ears off of people.

Comment

I do agree La La is scarier as one can see he is in his own zone and the outfit of thunder is really very hideous and annoying.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎