No announcement yet.

Black Lightning #1.6 "Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lightning #1.6 "Three Sevens: The Book of Thunder"

Talk about the Feb. 27 episode of Black Lightning here!

(If you want to do the Countdown/LIVE thing, too, go for it.)

Photos can be found here: http://blacklightningtv.com/black-li...r-description/

The meeting and fight between father and daughter in their vigilante personas overshadows everything else in the episode.

Comment

we pick up where we left off: Black Lightning lying in an alley, finally struggling with the limits of aging while a gleeful Joey Toledo runs home to Tobias. The albino crime boss doesn’t want Black Lightning to survive the night, and he tips off the white, mustachioed police chief about the hero’s location. Luckily, Gambi and Lynn are able to scoop up Jefferson and get him out of there before the police arrive, though the chief’s shadiness about his tip is enough to finally get Henderson to suspect the full scope of his department’s complicity with Tobias and the One Hundred — especially the white police leadership.

The rest of the ep mainly dealt with Jennifer and her bullies, as well as the fact that her newly crippled boyfriend was now blaming her for his condition as well. There was also Aissia's activism with a confederate statue, and a girl getting run over. This was clearly meant to echo what happened in real life at Charlotteville.

There was also the issue over whenever Black Lighting should kill or not.

But as Vanthemann77 mentioned up above, all of this seemed to be overshadowed by the ending finale... the moment where Black Lighting and Thunder finally meet each other in their alter ego personas.

Anissa finds her mother bound and gagged with a robbery in progress. She makes short work of the assailants, but then Black Lightning shows up, and each considers the other an unknown enemy. Anissa is able to hold her own, deflecting lightning and sending her father through a plate-glass wall, but then Jefferson really turns up the juice and knocks her out. Only then, of course, does he realize he’s been fighting his daughter, and that she has her own superpowers. When Anissa finally comes around, she learns that her stodgy conservative father is also the costumed crime-fighter kicking the One Hundred up and down the streets. We’ll have to wait another week for them to fully process this revelation, but you can tell from their faces that this is a life-changing revelation for both of them.

9/10... a very good ep, although it did drag a little bit in some parts. Black Lighting continues to be good as always, and makes for a refreshing change from the other CW shows.

Comment

I'm continuing to love this show as it goes on. First and foremost, I knew there was something odd about Gambi from about 2 episodes ago when he deleted footage from the night where Khalil got shot. Which leads me to wonder when the secret of him knowing about Lady Eve (Jill Scott) and their "deal" is gonna come out.

But by far my favorite part was the Black Lightning vs. Thunder daddy-daughter fight. Granted they didn't recognize who the other was but it was quite entertaining, though a big sad considering Anissa earns herself a concussion.

I still stress that his suit is my one real issue with the show but as the episodes go on it annoys me less and less.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎