No announcement yet.

Black Lightning #1.5: "And Then The Devil Brought The Plague..."

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lightning #1.5: "And Then The Devil Brought The Plague..."

The full title of this episode is "And Then the Devil Brought the Plague: The Book of Green Light" but it wouldn't all fit in the subject header -- in any event, talk about it here!

Pics can be found HERE: http://blacklightningtv.com/black-li...n-aches-pains/

This felt quiet and slow compared to past eps. The storytelling and mood was also somewhat uneven here... I guess this would count as one of the show's weaker episodes in general.

I couldn't help but notice that Black Lighting kind of acted out of character in this ep, prone to outbursts when in most eps he was normally level-headed, calm and caring.

Still, it wasn't all too bad. They dove into the show's past mythology here, to help us better understand the world of Black lighting. In general, this show did a good job of giving this superhero world a sense of history. From Alvin Pierce's investigation to the feud between Tobias Whale and Black Lightning, this world has depth. While I missed the grounding of this episode in the school, church, and local community that we have come to expect from this show, I appreciate the show working to give this part of the world more history.

Jennifer totally owns two of her classmates in a physical fight, teasing the question: just when will Jennifer's superpowers develop? Perhaps during a track meet? She'll have to rejoin the track team first...

Jefferson calls the cell phone he gives Gambi "The Black Signal," which is exactly the kind of dad joke you'd expect from Jefferson Pierce.

Comment

I am totally in love with this show and just watched it and it really is getting interesting to watch each day.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎