No announcement yet.

Black Lightning #1.4 "Black Jesus"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Lightning #1.4 "Black Jesus"

Count down to tonight's Black Lightning and talk about it LIVE as it airs! Then, let this be the episode thread.

Photos can be found HERE: http://blacklightningtv.com/black-li...n-black-jesus/

It's just the latest of the seemingly never-ending battles that are piling up on Jefferson Pierce's plate, and he's tired. Tired of fighting in quicksand, and tired of the collateral damage that keeps piling up as a result. As Anissa is starting to realize with her burgeoning vigilantism, violence always comes at a cost. Beating someone up doesn't just traumatize the victim; it has an affect on the perpetrator, too.

Meanwhile, Anissa continues to keep her distance from her family as she tries to come to terms with her power. how they define her and how she wants to use them. We get some clues in Anissa's conversation with Inspector Henderson during the family dinner. Anissa defends Black Lightning's actions to the inspector, who continues to see the vigilante as doing more harm than good. To Anissa, he is a hero. Black Lightning guides her own actions, even if he doesn't know it.

Tobias bring in reinforcements in the form of his sister Tori. The two concoct a plan not to kill Black Lightning themselves, but to use the people of Freeland to do it. This community cares, and that caring is powerful. Right now, that caring is focused on Khalil, who is still in the hospital following his shooting at last week's protest. When Whale starts buying Khalil nice things and covering his medical bills, it's not out of the goodness of his heart. He wants to turn Khalil against Black Lightning, and the rest of Freeland with him.

it was another good one as usual.
    I did notice that it was full of one-liners. The best ones:

"It's like you lied on your resume." Lady Eve on Tobias supposedly having killed Black Lightning.

"I'm the vice principal, not your secretary, so if you want the board to know something, you should tell them yourself." I still can't remember the vice principal's name, but she gets substantially more to do in this episode.

"Hey man, before they haul me off to jail, can I get a selfie with you?"-- 2-bits the man to Black Lighting.

Comment

I have tried to get into BL but so far I just haven't liked it. I think it is too preachy and not enough action. I will keep watching. I didn't like Legends of Tomorrow at first but it got better.

Comment

Gambi certainly is turning into the man to watch; he’s keeping a lot of secrets from jefferson, first about protecting the whale, and now knowing about anissa. What will he do with that knowledge? And i’m still not sure why he’s helping jefferson to start with. Who is this guy, anyway? Anissa certainly has an interesting power; wonder what else she can do?
        What the heck was lady eve doing to that guy?
        Last edited by protege; 02-08-2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Still loving the show and the episodes that come with it and the character development. My only real gripe is Black Lightning isn't in his suit and involved in enough action, he's BL for maybe 5 or 6 minutes of total screen time.

I do like Jill Scott as the big bad, she definitely kinda gives off a Sith Lord type of vibe.

Also my favorite exchange in the episode:
          2-Bits: "Hey man, before they haul me off to jail, can I get a selfie with you?
          BL: NOOO!! *punch*

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎