Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metropolis Casting: Who should play Lois Lane and Lex Luthor?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metropolis Casting: Who should play Lois Lane and Lex Luthor?

Thoughts?

I would prefer two unknown actors who can prove their chops. It worked well on Lois & Clark as well as Smallville. If you're using established actors, you always run the risk of not fully seeing the character.

PS: Dafuq is Metropolis in the first place? I haven't heard of the show yet.

Comment

http://www.kryptonsite.com/dc-adds-m...aming-service/ - this is Metropolis.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
        this is Metropolis
        Thanks.

*SCNR*

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
          I would prefer two unknown actors who can prove their chops.
          Agree.

I liked Erica's take on Lois, in that she could be pushy but not brittle. I think Terri Hatcher's was a little bit too high strung and brittle at times for my taste, but overall I liked her (from what I remember; it's been a long time since I saw that show!). I haven't really liked any of the "movie" Lois-es. I'd like to see an unknown come in, make the role her own, as long as she preserves the most essential Lois traits. But above all they need to show some respect for her journalism skills; Smallville did a huge disservice to the character they way they handled her entrance into her "journalism" career

Comment

Not sure who should be cast but I agree with the view that it should be a totally separate take to any of the recent takes on the Superman story. Let them create their own spin. Obviously the actors from the movies are out, and if we are looking at young-ish versions of the characters, then the Smallville lot are too old now.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is DC streaming's Titans is going for movie-quality leads so I'd imagine Metropolis will do the same thing.

Comment

If there’s no age range yet than my pick for Lois would be:

Stana Katic (Castle)

And my Lex Pick:

Corey Stoll (The Strain, Ant-Man)

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
                  Agree.

I liked Erica's take on Lois, in that she could be pushy but not brittle. I think Terri Hatcher's was a little bit too high strung and brittle at times for my taste, but overall I liked her (from what I remember; it's been a long time since I saw that show!). I haven't really liked any of the "movie" Lois-es. I'd like to see an unknown come in, make the role her own, as long as she preserves the most essential Lois traits. But above all they need to show some respect for her journalism skills; Smallville did a huge disservice to the character they way they handled her entrance into her "journalism" career
                  Agreed. I felt like they were making fun of Erica's Lois Lane with the way she felt "inspired" to join the journalism career by having a barn door almost fall on her. and for her to have shown no interest in that career otherwise? it wasn't believable.
                  I honestly wish they had simply showed that she had some things in common with Chloe from the very start... in that she was inquisitive as hell, etc. In fact, it should had been Chloe's "death" that inspired her to go into journalism if she believed that Lex Luthor was behind Chloe's death.
                  That would've made more sense, ya know?

She was a great Lois Lane otherwise though.

I throw in a vote for it being a unknown actress too, for Metropolis. It's gonna be hard to top Micheal Rosebum as Lex Luthor, but I also want them to find somebody good.

Comment

The original Smallville series bible had Lois being Chloe's older cousin who turned her on to journalism, which made a lot more sense. In fact, according to show canon (then) Chloe was to have spent the summer before the pilot with Lois and that's what got her so interested in it all! Obviously they went a different direction once we finally saw Lois, so that didn't happen.

I'm assuming that whoever they get for the two main roles will be 30 at the most. A streaming service thing IS aired at younger people, and if Titans and the Marvel Netflix shows are any indication, they're going to go big.

For some ridiculous reason I'd be VERY curious to see someone like Nina Dobrev or even Tatiana Maslany as Lois, though who knows if either of them would want to do genre TV again. Either would be big names.

For Lex, we need someone not as manic as Jesse Eisenberg obviously since he'd be a good guy. I'd really have to think about that one.

I'm assuming the casting people are the folks that did Gotham... and while Gotham may not be everyone's cup of tea, for the most part they've been VERY fortunate in getting great actors, with Robin Lord Taylor in particular being a great find for that series. I'm picturing someone more typically leading-man for Lex... but bald, of course, unless we're going with a version of the story that it's Superman's fault that Lex went bald.

Tom Welling for Perry White? I kid. Sort of. Maybe. But I do hope they have a great Perry, and it'd be even better if this Perry has ties to Lex as he did in the post-Crisis comics.

Comment

I think they would have Lois be a young actress since this is before Superman has shown up and him and Lois are supposed to be the same age when they meet. Lex could be older though like late twenties early thirties.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                        I'm assuming that whoever they get for the two main roles will be 30 at the most. A streaming service thing IS aired at younger people, and if Titans and the Marvel Netflix shows are any indication, they're going to go big.

For some ridiculous reason I'd be VERY curious to see someone like Nina Dobrev or even Tatiana Maslany as Lois, though who knows if either of them would want to do genre TV again. Either would be big names.
                        It's also geared towards the comic book fanboys/girls (which expands the demographic) so, whoever they get for the leads need to give us newer/different takes on the characters (making them their own) but, won’t alienate too many people with the choices (Jesse Eisenberg I’m looking at you).
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-30-2018, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Anna Torv.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                            Agreed. I felt like they were making fun of Erica's Lois Lane with the way she felt "inspired" to join the journalism career by having a barn door almost fall on her. and for her to have shown no interest in that career otherwise?
                            Not true. The show had previously had Lois get involved in journalism, between her working at the Torch and investigating the death of that stripper in "Exposed". The barn door incident was just what lead to her getting a job as a reporter. Furthermore, in "Hostage", Lois mentions that she studied journalism in HS and seems to have an ax to grind with her old teacher. We never saw Lois in her HS years. It's entirely possible that young Lois developed an interest in journalism, but was put off by it, thanks to the behavior of her journalism teacher (a good teacher can inspire his/her students. A bad one, can really put his/her students off a subject). So, she said "[beep] journalism". But, as time passed, her interest in journalism returned.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                              Not true. The show had previously had Lois get involved in journalism, between her working at the Torch and investigating the death of that stripper in "Exposed". The barn door incident was just what lead to her getting a job as a reporter. Furthermore, in "Hostage", Lois mentions that she studied journalism in HS and seems to have an ax to grind with her old teacher. We never saw Lois in her HS years. It's entirely possible that young Lois developed an interest in journalism, but was put off by it, thanks to the behavior of her journalism teacher (a good teacher can inspire his/her students. A bad one, can really put his/her students off a subject). So, she said "[beep] journalism". But, as time passed, her interest in journalism returned.
                              The thing is, they never showed us any of this and this was only told to us via a few throwaway lines. so not many people are gonna remember this easily. that's the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎