Filming location help

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filming location help

Hey guys,

I get curious to find where they've filmed certain scenes in a movie or TV show, specifically Smallville. What started out as a general curiosity for finding this building, shown below, has turned into a game that I can't win. I think I want to find it so bad, simply because I can't find it.

Anyway, this is driving me nuts. If anyone happens to know where this building is, please let me know. It was the "Smallville Youth Center" in Season 3 Episode 16 (Crisis) of Smallville. I'm 99.9% certain it is somewhere in the Vancouver area, but I'm not so certain it still exists. What was that, 13 or 14 years ago that season was filmed? It's fairly distinctive with the butterfly roof.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2527.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	6628875

Looks like the gym of a local elementary school. Have you checked in the surroundings of the farm house location?

Comment

I've checked all schools in the Vancouver Metro area and the Fraser Valley with no luck. Its a fairly small building, certainly smaller than a gymnasium. Its possible it is a facade, but the early seasons of Smaville filmed a lot on location. There is a scene showing Tom Welling and Sam Jones III walking up to and into the building, so its a safe bet it is in the Vancouver or surrounding area.

Comment

The filming locations are pretty spread out. Some of the Main Street locations are filmed far away from the usual locations. Been trying to find Lanas first home and Dr. Hamiltons barn for a long time. Been searching roads and neighborhoods for the early locations!
        I was pretty lucky when I found the facade to the retirement center in Hourglass. Just searched for mansions in Vancouver. But this is harder it seems. This is over 10 years ago and buildings get torn down and new ones built.. Maybe its possible to contact some of the former crew for the show. They must have some information archived.

Comment

Thanks Kris. I've got Lana's first home (the light blue farm house). I sent you a message with the info. Dr. Hamilton's barn would be a tough find. Farms ares getting dozed by the number in that area of BC. The intersection of the collision between the school bus and Lana's vehicle in season five is nearly unrecognizable now. I think I'm out of luck with the Crisis youth center building.

Comment

Sent you a message back! Thanks alot for the help!! I thought Dr. Hamilton's barn would be easier to find due to all the roads and other houses we see when Lex is driving there. But its very hard. Same with Frank's Auto Repair that we only very briefly see. It could be like anywhere or nowhere. I tried to search for buildings with butterfly roofs in Vancouver and BC. But no luck so far. Tried to watch more of the Crisis episode when Clark goes outside that building and tries to lift up the powerline in the puddle with the meteor rocks. But the rain is of course to heavy to see anything else there. The Call sheets which tells the actors where they are gonna film are the best leads. Maybe the Season 3 Companion Book too.
            Last edited by Kris Winchester; 01-27-2018, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎