0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Well, having now cut myself off from Twitter and rewatched it, here's my thoughts:

The Good

- Black Siren's scenes, especially where she's mocking James' 'savor the anticipation' line.
    - Cayden's comments about the 'now mentality' of today's generation.
    - Oliver's harsh words to Diggle (sorry, he deserved it).
    - Rene's "I wanted to see Billy Joel" line.
    - Thea waking up.
    - Insight into James' motivation, finally.

The Bad

- Conflicts between Curtis and Felicity/Diggle and Oliver were cleared up way too quickly, IMO, especially the Diggle and Oliver one.
    - Felicity not so successfully handling the reporter. Seriously, does she just wear a sign saying, "Awkward when lying, come at me"?
    - Oliver lying to William. Seriously, they pick the one thing about seasons 1 and 2 people hated the most?

Questionable
    - We ever gonna find out if Black Siren is more than just a hired gun for whoever saves her life?
    - Is Felicity's comment about Dinah 'leading the team' going to end up being part of the cause for the split?

All in all, I give this a seven, and that's because Siren and James were awesome in this episode. They were... ten steps ahead. Sorry, couldn't help it. And I liked Oliver standing up to Watson and putting on the suit again.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
      Well, having now cut myself off from Twitter and rewatched it, here's my thoughts:
      Yes, Twitter is EVIL - at least for Arrow.

The Good

- Black Siren's scenes, especially where she's mocking James' 'savor the anticipation' line.
      - Cayden's comments about the 'now mentality' of today's generation.
      - Oliver's harsh words to Diggle (sorry, he deserved it).
      - Rene's "I wanted to see Billy Joel" line.
      - Thea waking up.
      - Insight into James' motivation, finally.
      I agree. Does that mean that Thea will be the next GA?

The Bad

- Conflicts between Curtis and Felicity/Diggle and Oliver were cleared up way too quickly, IMO, especially the Diggle and Oliver one.
      I agree, except that I think the Felicity/Curtis conflict should have been longer. I mean, she seriously treated him like mud.

Diggle actually really, really wanting to be the GA for some time was quite an insight, though.

- Felicity not so successfully handling the reporter. Seriously, does she just wear a sign saying, "Awkward when lying, come at me"?
      Was she ever good at lying?

- Oliver lying to William. Seriously, they pick the one thing about seasons 1 and 2 people hated the most?
      Yes, I didn't understand this, either. William is not so stupid a kid that he wouldn't understand that a critical situation demands other solutions than the wished for ones.

And I liked Oliver standing up to Watson and putting on the suit again.
      I do wonder now: is she really FBI? I mean, this episode showed that her agenda is both political and personal, because of the timing and her including William just to hurt Oliver.

I wait for the Hood to kidnap her and bring her to ARGUS to question her with Lyla. Watson is more than fishy, IMO, she is a threat to national security.

Comment

It was weird that I was able to catch the Crisis X crossover before "Thanksgiving" aired where I am (and fyi, we celebrated Thanksgiving on this side of the border way back in October), but I digress.

If the Oliver - Diggle spat in this ep was what they meant by a Civil War-like schism between the two Green Arrows, then I would also agree that it was wrapped up way too quickly. They both made fair points -- Diggle shouldn't have taken on the mantle knowing that his nerve issues might compromise the team in the field, Oliver should not have expected Diggle to sacrifice his own family obligations in order to make it easier for Oliver to keep his increasingly untenable promise to William. And any sympathy I had for either side evaporated -- when they resorted to lying to William about it. (Really, guys?) I'm hoping this is just the first salvo, and not the last battle, in a much larger conflict brewing and we may yet get a Cap vs. Iron Man split between the old and new GA.

The Curtis - Felicity spat was actually similar to the Oliver - Diggle one, in the sense that the whole brouhaha could have been avoided had someone kept some lines of communication open. Ten minutes over a cup of coffee and no one would have any beefs, but that would be too simple. I will give points for Curtis having the gumption to actually stand up and not back down when Felicity was trying to pin the blame all on him (though to be fair to her, he's not exactly an innocent either - his joining Diggle in his secret-keeping and using him as an untested(!) prototype guinea pig was ridiculous).

As for the James and Siren arc, I did enjoy James' first meeting with Oliver. I don't know if James has enough gas in the tank as a character to be a season-long villain, but that meeting scene was certainly his pitch to be one.

I don't know if there is more to BS than as a hired meta mercenary -- but I really like that she is irreverent and even insubordinate with James, where you have to wonder if she really is just a hired gun or if all this is a game to her, a means to an end (even if her potential endgame doesn't align with James or anybody). Best case scenario is that she is playing them all, and will cut bait and do her own thing at the first opportunity. I've said plenty about my thoughts about a Siren redemption arc in other threads, my preference being that it happens only in the context of Siren playing up (preying on?) Team Arrow's misdirected sympathies and completely screwing over Team Arrow over in the end. An unrepentant badass.

I also wanted William to get kidnapped by Talia to be raised as Heir to the Demon and Sara and SG's Alex to hook up with no strings attached ...

By my count:

-Black Siren scheming a Team Arrow screwjob, playing them all like fiddles over E-1 Laurel guilt: ??? (pending later ... maybe?)
        -William, son of Al Sahhim getting snatched by Talia to be raised as Heir to the Demon: ???
        -Sara hooking up with Alex: mission complete as of the crossover *cackles maniacally*

I'm only 1 for 3 so far, so take my theories with a grain of salt. They borrow a lot from Batman, so they might as well go full-throttle turn William into their Arrow version of Damian Wayne.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
          If the Oliver - Diggle spat in this ep was what they meant by a Civil War-like schism between the two Green Arrows, then I would also agree that it was wrapped up way too quickly. They both made fair points -- Diggle shouldn't have taken on the mantle knowing that his nerve issues might compromise the team in the field, Oliver should not have expected Diggle to sacrifice his own family obligations in order to make it easier for Oliver to keep his increasingly untenable promise to William.
          I have been thinking about this, because both Oliver and Dig made it sound as if it was the same. But I think it wasn't. When Oliver had to take father duties he wanted to be out of the whole vigilante thing. But Diggle never did, even when he became a dad or later. When baby Sara was born Oliver told Diggle to stay away from danger but he couldn't. He stayed with the team and kept putting his life in danger every night.

So is Diggle really that much more in danger as the GA as as Spartan? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎