No announcement yet.

What did you think of "Damage"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you think of "Damage"?

There was no thread here for some reason, so I had to make one.
    10--It was the best!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--It was a highly damaging episode alright.
    0%

Things I liked:
    The interaction between all the women this EP. I liked how they were there for each other even as Edge dealt a damaging blow to Lena Luthor's reputation.
    I'm always there for women supporting each other no matter what.

Things I didn't like:
    The Maggie and Alex breakup. We all saw it coming from miles away, but still. At least hopefully that bit of drama will be over with.... although knowing the CW that isn't likely.

The allusions to real-life events in our world... with things like Flint, Bin Laden, etc. It's like... isn't Supergirl set in an alternate universe? You can make social commentaries on real life events without actually referencing them.... all in an alternate universe way. But I guess that was too much to ask for ?

Comment

I liked the Lena subplot in this one. James did make a fair point about due diligence before relying only on blind faith, which Kara did by investigating.

The Maggie/Alex stuff was ... ugh. Glad it's over. I don't know the full context of their split, missed some eps ... Alex wants a baby or something ... but this was the usual CW drama, in the indigestion-inducing sense.

(Welcome to the Can't Catch A Break Club, Maggie.)

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
        Stuff was ... ugh. Glad it's over. I don't know the full context of their split, missed some eps ... Alex wants a baby or something ... but this was the usual CW drama, in the indigestion-inducing sense.

(Welcome to the Can't Catch A Break Club, Maggie.)
        I agree with that. It really was so bad. But at least on the bright side they didn't kill off Maggie, otherwise there would had been hell to pay for.

They often play up cliche lesbian tragedies like that on a lot of TV show and now is seen as a very lazy trope for writers to take. And the LGBT fans of the show would had been up in arms had they actually done this. They also didn't turn Maggie into a villain of this love story, which is another bonus.

At least they went with something that realistically affects ALL couples.... often too many couples, gay or straight, don't properly discuss their plans for the future. They find somebody that they click with so well on a personal level, that they just assume that the other person would want the same exact thing they do, and don't even discuss the important things. Until they find out that the other person actually wanted different things after all.

So I give the CW writers props for that, at least.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎