No announcement yet.

Once Upon a Time #7.3 "The Garden of Forking Paths" Countdown/LIVE Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once Upon a Time #7.3 "The Garden of Forking Paths" Countdown/LIVE Thread

Count down to tonight's Once Upon a Time and talk about it LIVE as it airs!

Pics can be found here:

Official ABC description and preview images with spoilers for the Once Upon a Time episode "The Garden of Forking Paths"

Lucy is much more stubborn than Henry was at her age..Hopefully they “wake up” by the winter finale cause we’ve already gone through this route with the first season; Let’s move on.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-20-2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Oh, classic Once form with the mirroring of actions with concern to Cinderella/Jacinda and Lady Tremaine/Victoria

Comment

I’m so curious about this new curse; especially with the time span and Emma’s own pregnancy. She was already pregnant before Henry got together with Cinderella but, the curse couldn’t have been cast until Lucy was 9-10yrs old. So Henry has a sibling roughly Lucy’s age or like in the original curse they are in an endless time loop and Lucy grew up learning the truth. Which then begs the question for how long? And did that include Storybrooke on the east coast (I’m thinking not and Emma and the rest of Storybrooke have aged). It’s all a bit muddy.
        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-20-2017, 06:03 PM.

Comment

This was the BEST episode since the Season Premiere.

We got a lot of info through flashbacks about why Belfrey hates Cinderella. I really wanted to know the circumstances of how Tremaine's daughter died. Her loss gives a little bit of context for casting a Dark Curse. I only feel a tiny bit sorry for her, though.

Gabrielle Anwar was a total b**** as Belfrey in this episode, so I guess she earned her paycheck for the week. I love a good b**** and she delivered...

I loved the scenes between Regina and Cinderella, too. Regina removed Tremaine's magic from that glove like it was nothing. Belfrey is going down when Regina wakes up!

I am curious about the woman having a really bad hair day that was locked up in the tower. I wonder who she's supposed to be? Perhaps a witch that helped Tremaine cast the Curse?

Next week looked interesting. I hope we get more answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
            I am curious about the woman having a really bad hair day that was locked up in the tower. I wonder who she's supposed to be? Perhaps a witch that helped Tremaine cast the Curse?
            Quite curious about that too. Decided to check IMDB and the character is credited only as "Witch". It's probably going to be a witch, that Disney have used in the past (though, possibly, with a new name). Doing a quick search for witches on the Disney wiki, I think she might be [SPOILER]Evanora, the Wicked Witch of the East.[/SPOILER] Doubt it could be [SPOILER]the Witch from Into the Woods[/SPOILER] (even if the bad hair makes me think of her), as they'd probably need premission from (and likely having to pay) Stephen Sondheim, to use that witch.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            I’m so curious about this new curse; especially with the time span and Emma’s own pregnancy. She was already pregnant before Henry got together with Cinderella but, the curse couldn’t have been cast until Lucy was 9-10yrs old. So Henry has a sibling roughly Lucy’s age or like in the original curse they are in an endless time loop and Lucy grew up learning the truth. Which then begs the question for how long? And did that include Storybrooke on the east coast (I’m thinking not and Emma and the rest of Storybrooke have aged). It’s all a bit muddy.
            I do hope they clear up the timeline. There has to have been some time travel connected to the new curse or something. The Seattle scenes are identified as taking place in present day (i.e. 2017). However, the adventures in Storybrooke also took place in present day. Last season there was even a flashback, where we saw Emma as a little kid in 1991. In the scene, she was played by a ten year old. Previous seasons have established that Emma had Henry, when she was 18. He then re-enters her life, when she's 28 and he's ten. It wouldn't be possible for him to have grown up and have his own 9-10 year old daughter, in the time between Emma turning 18 and the present day.

It could be that time moves differently in different realms. Meaning, that he's spent over a decade in this other realm (from his perspective), while there's only been months in Storybrooke.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
              Quite curious about that too. Decided to check IMDB and the character is credited only as "Witch". It's probably going to be a witch, that Disney have used in the past (though, possibly, with a new name). Doing a quick search for witches on the Disney wiki, I think she might be [SPOILER]Evanora, the Wicked Witch of the East.[/SPOILER] Doubt it could be [SPOILER]the Witch from Into the Woods[/SPOILER] (even if the bad hair makes me think of her), as they'd probably need premission from (and likely having to pay) Stephen Sondheim, to use that witch.
              It could also be another witch from a different version of the Cinderella story. Who knows. I guess we'll find out.

Originally posted by jon-el87
              It could be that time moves differently in different realms. Meaning, that he's spent over a decade in this other realm (from his perspective), while there's only been months in Storybrooke.
              This is what I assumed as well. Ten years plus elapsed between Henry entering the portal (from Storybrooke) and getting swept up in the Curse/transported to Seattle.

Time moved differently there, which is why he aged (and probably why Emma and others were surprised by his appearance). How much time elapsed in Storybrooke is anybody's guess, but I just thought it was enough time for Emma to get pregnant.

Honestly, I don't think a lot of thought was put into it by the writers. They just wanted an adult Henry to create a new chapter with.
              Last edited by Aries83; 10-21-2017, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I agree with time working definitely in the other realm(s). Ten years could be the equivalent of a few weeks in the real world. This is why we can have centuries old Rumple, Regina, Hook...and now Henry (in the season premiere Henry was traveling to other realms using his phone before he met Cinderella or Operation New Chapter began).

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎