No announcement yet.

#4.4 "The Demon's Head"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4.4 "The Demon's Head"

Count down to tonight's Gotham, talk about it live, and then let this be the episode thread!

Pics here: http://www.gothamsite.com/gotham-4-4...e-demons-head/

1 Hour 55 Minutes

I’ll be watching this live over Arrow this season. Gotham had some issues it’s first few seasons but, it’s found its groove. Arrow on the other hand is on its last legs.

Comment

Gonna be watching it as well.

Comment

I really liked this episode, until—of course—Sofia once again ended up making out with Gordon near the end. If that's all they have planned for her, she can go now.

Other than that, I thought it was a solid episode. A little busy, but not nearly as bad as some from seasons past.

I was disappointed when Alex was killed towards the end, especially after the GREAT scene he had with Bruce at the mansion. I love Bruce's scenes with Alfred and Gordon, but he really needs someone his own age (besides Selina) to hang around with. I was hoping Alex would stick around. Oh well.

The interplay between Gordon and al Ghul in the scene at the station was pretty good.

Of course, I have to mention the HILARIOUS Rap-O-Grams from Nygma to Oswald... I thought their final scene together in this episode was interesting. I still have this feeling that we're getting a Nygma re-do given all of the "memory" issues he's had since being thawed. I'd be ok with it, but I hope it goes somewhere good.

Next week looked good. What did everybody else think?
        Last edited by Aries83; 10-12-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I'm getting even more suspicious of Sofia, she's clearly up to something. I liked how she pointed out that penguin clearly didn't know what he was doing at all, by comparing him to her father. But it does make me wonder what else she learned from her father on how to take over a city.

I really do hope that she's just using Gordon.

I also think it sucked that Alex died.... I honestly thought he was going to grow up to be one of Bruce's allies in the future or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
            I really do hope that she's just using Gordon.
            Me too. I can't stand the romance garbage with Gordon. She was clearly playing Penguin, though.

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
            I also think it sucked that Alex died.... I honestly thought he was going to grow up to be one of Bruce's allies in the future or something.
            I thought the same thing (a future Robin, maybe). The article I read when the actor was cast in the role made it seem like the character would be around for more than one episode and have a lot of screen time with Bruce.

Then again, maybe Ra's escapes from Blackgate and has plans to resurrect Alex to use him against Bruce later on?

Bruce really needs a guy friend his own age, though.

Comment

Another strong episode this season, IMO. Said this elsewhere. Gotham may have its flaws, but I always appreciate the fact that it's true to its roots and (usually) puts the focus where it should be. Ben McKenzie wrote (not directed, as I said last week) this episode and he didn't do too bad.

Ra's is already miles better than Arrow's version and besides the much better writing, it's also down to Siddig's acting. He does a fine job of portraying someone who's walking a tightrope between brilliance and insanity. Like you guys, I was also sad to see him kill Alex like that. At the same time, it just goes to prove how dangerous and cutthroat (no pun) he is.

As for Bruce, this episode was a wake up call for him and I feel it was much needed. Because as much progress as he's made, he's still a teenage boy who may be in over his head when dealing with some criminals. In a way, Alex's death was a result of Bruce trying to deal with Ra's on his own. I'm very interested to see where he goes from here.

I don't mind the Nygma/Penguin storyline. It just feels like there's not a lot of gas left in the tank. Ok, Ed is mentally incapicated as The Riddler and Oswald is letting his guard down, but we know that won't last. Ed's rapper lackeys were indeed hilarious. As were Victor's reactions to them. As a matter of fact, I found Zsasz in general very entertaining this week.

The less said about Anubis the better.

Yeah, Jim getting in bed with Sofia already was cringey, but what else is new? I think he's getting worse each year because with Vale it took him longer to reach that stage. I'm just waiting for Sofia's game plan to unfold and hopefully that's when my interest in her will increase.

It's weird to have an episode without Harvey.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                I don't mind the Nygma/Penguin storyline. It just feels like there's not a lot of gas left in the tank. Ok, Ed is mentally incapicated as The Riddler and Oswald is letting his guard down, but we know that won't last.
                I agree (that their storyline is fizzling out). When Fries was getting ready to use his gun, I was like, "Really?" At this point, I'd rather they were allies (or lovers), because the back and forth between them doesn't work that well anymore.

The less said about Anubis the better.
                Absolutely. What a terrible character. I'm not even sure what he (or the other guy) were supposed to be...

It's weird to have an episode without Harvey.
                I didn't mind. It was also nice to have a break from The Scarecrow storyline, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                  I agree (that their storyline is fizzling out). When Fries was getting ready to use his gun, I was like, "Really?" At this point, I'd rather they were allies (or lovers), because the back and forth between them doesn't work that well anymore.
                  Exactly. Either make them allies or just go for a clean break and give each character new storylines and characters to be involved with.

Absolutely. What a terrible character. I'm not even sure what he (or the other guy) were supposed to be...
                  Like I said in my last comment, sometimes Gotham is just being Gotham. When we got the shot of Barbara staring at them, I thought the camera would reveal League of Assassins ninjas. Not a giant and his dog.

I didn't mind. It was also nice to have a break from The Scarecrow storyline, too.
                  I guess some other characters needed the focus this week. At times it's easy to forget how big the show's cast is. Lee and Butch haven't appared at all this season, Ivy, Tabby and Selina didn't appear this week and neither did Lucius (who IMO has been grossly underutilized).

Comment

Yeah not one of their better choices, at first I thought the Dogman thing running around was Mad Dog, but apparently they are in fact different characters in Batman lore.

I'll say this probably every week from now on for Gotham: Jim deserves what ever fall out he gets from dating Lady Falcone. Fool himself once, there could be SOME arguments made to share the blame around, Fool himself over and over again? Shame on no one else but him. Maybe he has his own plans for a double cross and he's "trying" to play her as much as she's playing him, but really all he's doing is more harm to himself than good at this point.

Dissapointed that we STILL haven't seen the results of Ivy's transformation, hopefully we get answers next week.

Love the way they're using Ra's this time around, and they EVEN say his name right, YAY! Kudos to Siddig for his acting chops, you can really tell he's relishing the roles he choses to play. I wonder if we'll see Talia sometime soon?

Comment

Last night's episode was pretty decent overall.

Comment

The forums were down most of yesterday so I wasn't able to get a forum up. I'll fix that today.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎