No announcement yet.

Year of the House of Mouse

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Year of the House of Mouse

Newest story is now up. Please read, review and enjoy.

---

Author: Bally
    Title: Year of the House of Mouse
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Humour
    Characters: Clark, Lana, Chloe, Lois, Jimmy and Grant

Summary: The reporters in the bullpen - plus a few unfortunate souls - are asked to pose for photos for the Daily Planet’s calendar. The photos are to be posted online where readers can vote for the best one. Set after 7x05 (Action).

Author’s Note: I do not own the characters, and any descriptions of portrayed characters are written in good faith and in the best light. This story started out as an attempt to write something light for The Office but I found it tricky to get it to work well. It translated better within the Smallville universe.

---

---

This was absolutely brilliant. Funny, yet heart-warming. Of course, I love the Clois banter the best, especially when they each give as good as they get, but the choices for the characters was amazing. Top choice? Had to be Lois. I won't give the game away by saying which one but I really do think that was the perfect choice for her.

Comment

Thanks Leanne. Choosing characters to fit the show's characters wasn't the hardest part. The hardest part was to come up with a logical way to involve people who don't work at the Planet, to find a plausible way to give everybody the character they were assigned, to give everyone a legitimate reason for doing all this in the first place, and THEN fitting it around season 7 as it was back then. I don't like to make things easy for myself do I?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bally
        Thanks Leanne. Choosing characters to fit the show's characters wasn't the hardest part. The hardest part was to come up with a logical way to involve people who don't work at the Planet, to find a plausible way to give everybody the character they were assigned, to give everyone a legitimate reason for doing all this in the first place, and THEN fitting it around season 7 as it was back then. I don't like to make things easy for myself do I?!
        Ah, but that's the fun of it. We all need to challenge ourselves sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
          Ah, but that's the fun of it. We all need to challenge ourselves sometimes.
          True. It's just that I end up challenging myself even when all I'm looking to post is a nice easy story! Also, I just can't help throwing in the odd deliberate reference. Having read the story, can you guess what I'm talking about here?

Comment

Originally posted by Bally
            True. It's just that I end up challenging myself even when all I'm looking to post is a nice easy story! Also, I just can't help throwing in the odd deliberate reference. Having read the story, can you guess what I'm talking about here?
            Hmm the only thing I can really think of is the future Clois relationship. Although I do note the choice for Grant Gabriel was also very appropriate given who or rather what he turns out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenixnz
              Hmm the only thing I can really think of is the future Clois relationship. Although I do note the choice for Grant Gabriel was also very appropriate given who or rather what he turns out to be.
              The Clark and Lois thing was a mini-anvil, but it's not the deliberate reference I'm talking about. As for Grant, the character he ended up with was the one I had in mind for him, but comparing the two brought up a very convenient similarity that hadn't originally occurred to me. That made it easier to run with it.
              Last edited by Bally; 08-11-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Wow Bally how did I miss this?? What a brilliant story. Like Leanne I loved the choices of characters for each person, none of them were obvious choices but really well thought out. I was kind of reminded of Lori Lomaris when it was revealed that Clark wanted to marry Ariel as a kid. And the whole Grant/Pinocchio thing was extremely well done given what we know about him. But oh what I wouldn't give to see that photo of Clark!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed67
                  Wow Bally how did I miss this?? What a brilliant story. Like Leanne I loved the choices of characters for each person, none of them were obvious choices but really well thought out. I was kind of reminded of Lori Lomaris when it was revealed that Clark wanted to marry Ariel as a kid. And the whole Grant/Pinocchio thing was extremely well done given what we know about him. But oh what I wouldn't give to see that photo of Clark!
                  Muchas gracias Wendy. The Ariel link was a subtle nod to the comic book mythos with Superman and Lori, and the Grant link was written in a way that doesn't reveal his back story before he - and indeed the TV viewer - learns about it. My story is set a few episodes before 'Gemini' where the defective Julian-clone Adrian revealed the truth about him. He had no inkling at all before then.

As an aside, can you guess the deliberate reference I mentioned earlier?

Comment

Oh geez you've got me there.......

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed67
                      Oh geez you've got me there.......
                      I forgot that this had been left hanging.

Anyway, the answer is that the title of Lana's favourite Disney film is the same as the title of a show Kristin went on to star in.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎