Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Arrow 5x23 work as a series ending episode?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Arrow 5x23 work as a series ending episode?

That's something I'm wondering. Having the island blow up and all, could it have worked? Would anybody have been happy with it?

Would you have liked the Arrow showrunners to have done the season finale to be a little different in order to give a more happy and solidifying ending with closing out Arrow at the end of it's fifth season?

Let me know what you think.
    5x23 as series finale?
    0%
    Happier ending for 5x23 but still the end?
    0%
    Keep Arrow going?
    0%
    Wish Arrow ended at 5x23 instead of falling downwards
    0%

Season Three's finale, love it or hate it, was more what I would imagine a series finale would look like. Season five's ending was about as classically a cliff hanger aka please tune in next season as I could imagine them making. If this was a series finale, blowing up the island would have had to have happened in the second to last episode and the final hour be about who actually survived. Blowing up the island with the team on it, was big enough to be part of a show ending narrative but it would have to be reworked drastically and boy oh boy would I have hated having the series finale be focused on a kid we've barely met. Didn't love it even for the season finale, but at least that is about setting up next season.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
      Season Three's finale, love it or hate it, was more what I would imagine a series finale would look like. Season five's ending was about as classically a cliff hanger aka please tune in next season as I could imagine them making. If this was a series finale, blowing up the island would have had to have happened in the second to last episode and the final hour be about who actually survived. Blowing up the island with the team on it, was big enough to be part of a show ending narrative but it would have to be reworked drastically and boy oh boy would I have hated having the series finale be focused on a kid we've barely met. Didn't love it even for the season finale, but at least that is about setting up next season.
      Ah that would have been interesting is they actually blew the island up in 5x22 instead and had the 5x23 be focused on well the aftermath.

I would have to say so for season 3's finale fits that a series ending finale as well and really I would have rather they saved that "drive off into sunset" even if it was with Felcity for 5x23.

I mean just think of the parallel nature of Oliver telling say Felicity's that's he's finally happy and then a flashback came either before or after that scene showing him getting rescued by the fishing boat where he knows he's no where near "happy."

So yeah wish they did that in 5x23, even if they weren't ending the show.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎