No announcement yet.

Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 6 Spoilers Thread

Season 5 just ended but, it's never too early to get spoiled. While we wait for spoilers to get released we can always speculate on what's to come.

Not sure if this counts as spoilers or speculation but I'm guessing they didn't kill off the entire supporting cast. LoL

Comment

My two cents: we can't take what was put in the released summary for S6 as any sort of indication for who will survive in the S6 premiere. The only ones we can know for certain are Oliver, William, and those whose actors have just signed season regular contracts: Dinah Drake, E-2 Laurel, & Rene Ramirez.

Of those who were on the island when it blew:

The Al Ghul Sisters: Since the series loves their LoA subplots, they could have Talia survive simply because she offers a renewed LoA as a possible opposing force. Alternatively, they could reveal that Nable's Ra's has been alive this whole time and have him save one or the other of his daughters. Would I love for Nyssa to survive all the way through? ABsolutely. But does she have any more stories to tell?

Deathstroke: now, first, I am NOT surprised at all that despite the Arrow: Vengeance novel previously being considered 'canon' it has now been de-canonized in the show. Its one of the reasons I never bothered with it; the show has proven time and again to forget the canon as established in the show, much less in their tie-ins. I see Deathstroke surviving just because he can provide a recurring villain from this point forward, sometimes being an enemy and sometimes being an ally.

Thea: I honestly doubt Willa will be a regular next season, but that doesn't mean she will be dead. I can see Thea wanting to just get away from all of this since she has now lost EVERY parental figure she ever had. It really depends on if Willa's personal life problems have been settled or if she needs more time to deal with it.

Diggle & Felicity: I love both these characters when the plot isn't making them do things OOC. So I actually would hate to see them go. But what storylines can be done with them at this point, aside from rehashing Olicity and Diggle going back to being the 'Alfred figure'? Oh, and yes, MG has said they and Thea will be in S6. I actually read the question that sparked the Felicity answer, as well as what he said. The question was whether Felicity would still be a main in Season 6. His answer was "Yes, Emily will be in S6." Seeing as the S6 premiere will likely be the immediate aftermath of 5x23, that would be true. But we all know with MG that he loves his word games. Now, do I think they will kill Felicity? Probably not, but then again, the way they've set up her character this year is much more reminiscent of how I've seen other shows handle character departures.

Quentin: Now, most would think he will be safe since they have Black Siren as a regular next season, but that's not necessarily the case. After all, if they do intend on doing a redemption arc, his death due to Chase's last play could be what drives her to it. Alternatively, she could become a villain for the team due to his death because he threw his lot in with them instead of trusting her (remember, villains don't exactly blame who they should). So Quentin is a possibility of death.

Samantha: She is the most likely to face the Reaper since it would add more normal drama next season with Oliver having to take on the mantle of father.

Evelyn: Who cares?

Curtis: His dynamic with Rene plus his tech skills and burgeoning vigilantism (combined with the fact he was the one Oliver asked to lead Thea, Samantha, Felicity, and Malcolm to Chase's plane) suggest he will remain in place as a regular in S6.

Comment

Like I mentioned in the episode thread, everyone who was mentioned in the season 6 synopsis must be safe. And those characters are Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Curtis, Rene, Tina, Quentin and Thea. Black Siren wasn't mentioned, but we already know she will be back next season.

It's just a question of how many recurring characters died:

- The Al Ghul sisters: IMO that would be a waste, especially in Talia's case.
        - Deathstroke: He saw the light again, so one would think that he met his end in a similar manner to Merlyn. Plus, it must not be easy to get Manu to return. However, the prospect of him reconnecting with his son and returning from time to time as an ally, gives him an equal amount of chances at survival. Again, it might also depend on what DC demands of Berlanti and co.
        - Evelyn: Completely expendable at this point. Has outlived her usefulness.
        - Samantha: This is a tricky one. If they want to make William part of Oliver's storyline, then I could see her dying. However, having the character raise a kid can be complicated (notice how often Diggle's daugher/son is conveniently missing in scenes). Plus, William would be in the way of Olicity, so I think they will just play it safe and have him leave with his mother again.

I think it will be 1-2 characters, tops. Maybe just Evelyn.
        Last edited by costas22; 05-25-2017, 03:28 AM.

Comment

The synopses are written for the upfronts, which took place BEFORE the finales aside from Legends. Not really gonna give out spoilers in them, are they?

Comment

These are my opinions on which characters will survive to season 6

Evelyn Sharp: Initially I felt that she would be one of the most likely to be killed off. They hadn't used her character
            much. However, if she had outspent her usefulness to the show she would have just been killed off in one of the battles
            rather than captured and put into the cage. Also they went to the point of getting Oliver to promise to Evelyn that he will
            come back for her. Why do all this if you don't need the character anymore ? I suspect that Evelyn will be injured in the
            blast and Oliver will "come back" and rescue her. This will make Evelyn re-evaluate what she thinks of Oliver Queen and
            starts her path to redemption.

Nyssa and Talia: As with Evelyn they had the opportunity to kill Talia but .......just had Nyssa knock her out.
            Again if they didn't need Talia anymore thy would have just had Nyssa kill her. I think both will survive to fight eachother
            another day.

Thea: Didn't think much of her storyline this year. I prefer her back in the role of Speedy. Again if they wanted to kill
            her off they would have just let the landmine do its job. However, they got Malcolm to save her. So again, I don't think
            they will save a character just to kill her off again.

Malcolm Merlin: Well John Barrowman already told us that he won't be in Arrow shows next year and believes his character
            has died. However, as with comic books, if you don't see the character die, there is no guarentee that that character is dead.
            Malcolm (and Captain Boomarang) died offscreen. I believe that they might just "retire" Malcolm Merlin character, and if needs
            be, in the future bring him back. But how can you bring the character back ??? Well we saw Captain Boomarang and a few minions
            come towards Malcolm. What if one of the minions stepped on another landmine. The subsequent blast throws Malcolm off his
            landmine ....to safety.

All other characters: I think they will all be safe in the bunker

Comment

Diggle & Felicity: I love both these characters when the plot isn't making them do things OOC. So I actually would hate to see them go. But what storylines can be done with them at this point, aside from rehashing Olicity and Diggle going back to being the 'Alfred figure'? Oh, and yes, MG has said they and Thea will be in S6. I actually read the question that sparked the Felicity answer, as well as what he said. The question was whether Felicity would still be a main in Season 6. His answer was "Yes, Emily will be in S6." Seeing as the S6 premiere will likely be the immediate aftermath of 5x23, that would be true. But we all know with MG that he loves his word games. Now, do I think they will kill Felicity? Probably not, but then again, the way they've set up her character this year is much more reminiscent of how I've seen other shows handle character departures.
              SA has since the finale said in a tweet that Emily isn't going anywhere which is what MG confirmed about her being a main character in season 6. So I think it's safe to say she survives and it's not just a one off appearance in season 6.

Thea is not going to die, MG said it's one of two things that would never happen under his watch, but that doesn't mean she might not be stick around Star City. I just think there could be too much behind the scenes stuff to know for sure if she's back full time, part time or something less.
              Evelyn Sharp: Initially I felt that she would be one of the most likely to be killed off. They hadn't used her character
              much. However, if she had outspent her usefulness to the show she would have just been killed off in one of the battles
              rather than captured and put into the cage. Also they went to the point of getting Oliver to promise to Evelyn that he will
              come back for her. Why do all this if you don't need the character anymore ? I suspect that Evelyn will be injured in the
              blast and Oliver will "come back" and rescue her. This will make Evelyn re-evaluate what she thinks of Oliver Queen and
              starts her path to redemption.
              Your reasoning makes sense but they also could have done the line about Oliver promising to come back for her so the audience knows she wasn't going to be left on the island had Chase not blown it up. This way, if she dies, it's not on Oliver at all. As Evelyn said in the episode. Maybe in a cage was where Chase wanted her to be. I tend to agree. She may have hated Oliver at that point but her death would still hurt him.

Plus Team Arrow is WAAAAY too crowded. She's not coming back to the fold and frankly, after what she did with Chase, I never would want her back.

Malcolm I'm sure will be assumed dead. My head canon is that he did a quick switcheroo with Harkness just like he did with Thea (And Harkness was dumb enough to not understand what was happening and BOOM). So of course Malcolm is alive and at that point he was pretty sure Thea could get off the island without him so he gave her the one thing she really asked from him, to go away and leave her alone, but he does it in a way that makes him look good, lol. Then he occasionally secretly looks out for her the rest of his life. Probably in ways she'd be horrified over if she ever knew.

There's no good reason to kill off either Nyssa or Talia. Nyssa has the fanbase and Talia new stories. And if they could get both of them back again, AWESOME!!

So unless they only had a short time right to use Talia as a character and have to kill her off or KL has made a choice never to play Nyssa again (I highly doubt this), there's no upside to kill either of them. They would both be way to useful in the future.

Plus, as much as I would like to never hear Nyssa call Oliver Husband again, I don't want that never to happen again cause she's dead. t was always a ceremony done by a society who's rules had no bearing in the law. AND that society didn't even exist any longer to recognize said rules anymore. They have no need to kill Nyssa.

I do have one unless to add to that. They have no reason to kill Nyssa UNLESS they want to make it a plot point for LoT to play around with. But there's been no buzz that she's been tapped for that show. So Nyssa should be safe.

I don't think anyone but Evelyn, Harkness and presumably Malcolm with be "dead". Meaning any deaths can be retconned at a later time if wanted. Slade is harder to predict. Manu might have wanted his character to vanish ambiguously at a high note or maybe the show runners plan to give him an even better heroic send off in the season opener. It's hard to predict. If he's in the season opener, his chance at dying goes up. Better just to be presumed dead, lol. (Which Oliver wont' really presume).
              Last edited by BkWurm1; 05-27-2017, 01:00 AM.

Comment

The only way I could see them killing Talia off, is if she is unavailable next season. Lexa Doig is shooting another series though, so not sure she is available. Would be great if she survived, and can recur as a villain- but if they truly are looking forward, and not every villain is a result of Oliver's past- they might be done with Talia.

Comment

It would be a waste if Talia is killed off. They need to keep her as even a recurring or special guest star. More Nyssa - Talia feuding please.

My personal plot bunny is that Talia could kidnap William and raise him in the League as twisted vengeance upon the House of Queen. The shippers get to keep William offscreen for a spell and us Bat fans get to see the Arrow version of Damian Wayne one day. Bonus points if adult William Al Ghul from the future pops in to guilt-trip Daddy and raise hell in, say, S7. Wouldn't that mess with Oliver's head. (Yes, it's crazy -- that's why I like it.)

As for Evelyn, I'm fine if during his second pass flying over Lian Yu ... Oliver's navigation instruments go haywire and he can't get there in time to retrieve her. He can blame it on Chase so we don't have to see him agonize over it.

C-4 you later, Artemis.

Comment

Since I was watching finales today I looked at Arrow too. Not all that impressed (where's my son, where's my son, where's my son, yawn, where's my son...). As to who survived, if anybody survived (yes somebody definately will even without the casting reveals for season 6) then anybody dying that was with that group of people at the time is the bigger shocker next season. How did they die while everybody around them lived?
                    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 05-27-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

From Stephen's panel at HVFF London:

From what Stephen understands, the theme of S6 will be family

https://twitter.com/lschin12/status/868773802032934912
                      Get ready for daddy Oliver, folks!

Comment

Sigh, I hope this doesn't mean Samantha bites the bullet. Having William stay with Oliver and inevitably make him part of the Olicity storyline is a recipe for a ton of melodrama this show could do without.

Comment

Any idea or storyline comes down to the execution. So seeing as this season was executed very well, im willing to give them the benefit of tbe doubt

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                            Sigh, I hope this doesn't mean Samantha bites the bullet. Having William stay with Oliver and inevitably make him part of the Olicity storyline is a recipe for a ton of melodrama this show could do without.
                            Hey, Stephen may be hinting at Olicity babies!!! Only joking, I don't think the showrunners are THAT crazy! On the other hand, since most of Oliver's family members are dead (only Thea remains), Guggenheim and Mericle may get the harebrained idea to give Ollie a brand new family.....I mean, they were hinting at this already in the infamous "you have failed this omelet" episode.
                            Last edited by evaba; 05-28-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
                              Hey, Stephen may be hinting at Olicity babies!!! Only joking, I don't think the showrunners are THAT crazy! On the other hand, since most of Oliver's family members are dead (only Thea remains), Guggenheim and Mericle may get the harebrained idea to give Ollie a brand new family.....I mean, they were hinting at this already in the infamous "you have failed this omelet" episode.
                              His wife, sister and son are alive. Doesn't need anyone else

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎