Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Supergirl will/should introduce Batman in season 3?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Supergirl will/should introduce Batman in season 3?

This article was recently posted speculating whether Supergirl will introduce Batman in season 3: Should 'Supergirl' Introduce Batman in Season 3?

Do you think the writers will introduce Batman? They have been throwing some references/hints around in the show that seems to point to that possibility.

Do you think they SHOULD bring Batman into the show? Do you think it'd be too distracting or maybe add more dimension to Supergirl's world?

Originally posted by jnath1105
    This article was recently posted speculating whether Supergirl will introduce Batman in season 3: Should 'Supergirl' Introduce Batman in Season 3?

Do you think the writers will introduce Batman? They have been throwing some references/hints around in the show that seems to point to that possibility.

Do you think they SHOULD bring Batman into the show? Do you think it'd be too distracting or maybe add more dimension to Supergirl's world?
    Let's start by stating the obvious here: Batman AND Superman BOTH should've had their own tv shows loooong before these guys now have. They are the obvious number one choices for the small screen treatments.

That said, yes they should. I think given the recent turn of events and evidence, that the WB is slowly but surely realizing that their methods didn't work. Hence why they finally let up on letting the CW use Supes and the sudden reshoots on some movies to add in more humor and take out the uber darkness they wanted to replicate from TDK trilogy.

Now the WB is scrambling to fix what mistakes they can, even going so far as to drop some bones down to the Television network divisions like the CW, if only to build up goodwill with the fan base. Will they do the same with the Bat? Only time will tell, but given the amount of pressure WB DC is under these days, I wouldn't be surprised if they finally caved in and let the CW go full ham bone.

Comment

I dunno, the Batgirl might be a better fit for the Supergirl TV show. I mean, think about it... Barbara Gordon comes to National city investigating something for the batman because the Batman is tied up elsewhere. She could stick around more often than the batman does, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
        I dunno, the Batgirl might be a better fit for the Supergirl TV show. I mean, think about it... Barbara Gordon comes to National city investigating something for the batman because the Batman is tied up elsewhere. She could stick around more often than the batman does, too.

Look just because the show is devolving to the point of being a "woman only rules the world" party doesn't necessarily mean that every character that means something has to be a woman. This is what I've been talking about in other threads with this show taking feminism waaaaaay too far.

If they do get permission from the WB to use Batgirl it should be for Birds of Prey 2.0. Trust me, Supergirl has enough Girly figures to satisfy feminists. If anyone from Gotham shows up it should be either Dick or Bruce, not Barbara.

Comment

Eh, why not Jason or Damian, just to make things weird?

They did a surprisingly good job with Superman at the beginning of the season, but I still don't think I trust any of these shows with Batman. He's not a good candidate for giving pep talks or awkward, unnecessary apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
            They did a surprisingly good job with Superman at the beginning of the season, but I still don't think I trust any of these shows with Batman. He's not a good candidate for giving pep talks or awkward, unnecessary apologies.
            Which is why I suggested Batgirl instead. I couldn't see Batman getting caught up in the CW-TV melodrama that the CW writers love to write.... but Batgirl? Oh, yes.
            Plus, knowing the CW they would probably want to turn Bruce Wayne into yet another love interest for Kara.... which I'd like to avoid. Knowing the CW they could even use this as an excuse to bring in drama between Batman and Superman too. ugh. When you know, there's so much better stuff in canon that they could mine from instead.

Sorry, I like the TV shows because they have plenty of potential and are fun to play around with in fanfic.... but I don't have any faith in the TV writers most of the time.

Originally posted by TyrantLord
            Look just because the show is devolving to the point of being a "woman only rules the world" party doesn't necessarily mean that every character that means something has to be a woman. This is what I've been talking about in other threads with this show taking feminism waaaaaay too far.

If they do get permission from the WB to use Batgirl it should be for Birds of Prey 2.0. Trust me, Supergirl has enough Girly figures to satisfy feminists. If anyone from Gotham shows up it should be either Dick or Bruce, not Barbara.
            Ugh, oh my god. Please listen to yourself, and think hard about what you seriously just said.

You sound like one of those whiny neckbeards who doesn't seem to understand that not everything is about them.
            They whine when a TV show about a Chinese family doesn't seem to have enough white people in it. Too many Chinese people in a tv show about Chinese people!! They whine when a TV show about gay people isn't all about the straight viewpoint at all. They start crying about how SJWs are ruining their shows when people of color is shown as being more than just token characters on a TV show.

Supergirl, a TV show about a powerful woman and her friends is too feminist because they don't show women as token characters like they usually do? it's too feminist for you because they have too many women on the TV show? Dude, this is a TV show about a female character. So naturally most of the time it's going to be told from a female viewpoint.
            Please get over yourself.
            Last edited by Aurora Moon; 05-21-2017, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Eh, why not Jason or Damian, just to make things weird?

As in Jason Todd? Pretty sure he'd be dead already if that's the case...so that's out. Based on how far along Bruce's "relationship" is already with Clark (Kara's said Superman's already worked some cases with him in a throw away conversation), I'd say the Batman has already been operation for quite a while. More than likely he's already been through his second Robin, it all depends on the timing and how long the Bat has been operating as a hero. Supes has been around for over a decade in this world, so things will have to be clarified as far as timing goes down the line IF anyone from the Bat family should appear.

Damian is a possibility...if we're talking about Bruce's son here. Again, it all depends on the timing. Is however long he has been working as a hero been long enough for the whole Talia/Damian Wayne thing? I don't think so, but don't quote me on that. But I thought Damian didn't appear in Batman lore until well after ten years of Batman's career, if the Bat has been operating as long as Kara's Cousin even.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon

Supergirl, a TV show about a powerful woman and her friends is too feminist because they don't show women as token characters like they usually do? it's too feminist for you because they have too many women on the TV show? Dude, this is a TV show about a female character. So naturally most of the time it's going to be told from a female viewpoint.
                Please get over yourself.
                My point is there's a place and time for everything. Yes feminism is great, but it shouldn't be used to sacrifice otherwise good story telling. When you're getting to the point were you'd be willing to use feminism AS a point to intentionally depower/undervalue other heroes who clearly shouldn't be (Manhunter is the big example here besides her cousin, they've all but made him worthless in favor of making sure she's clearly the more powerful of the two), then as writers they really should question themselves if maaaaybe they're going a bit overboard here. Not saying that feminism shouldn't be a thing altogether I'm just saying there should be limits with it like all things and don't use it to sacrifice otherwise good storytelling like they are doing with politics.

I enjoy female viewpoints as much as the next guy but for Pete's sake make it worthwhile and contribute POSITIVELY for the show if you are going to use it. With how much depowering/devaluing the other characters they are doing with the other characters for its sake it's starting to have adverse affects.

Comment

I don't think feminism is the problem here that you're describing. They tend to de-power Supergirl a lot too when it comes to making other characters shine too... so the problem is that the writers don't know how to make all the characters look good without it being at the expense of others. Even Supergirl suffers from the worf effect when they want to show how tough a villian is, even though Supergirl logicially shouldn't had even blinked at the villian's attack.

It's the most easiest, cheapest way for a writer too... when they can't think of a way to make a character stand out, then they make somebody else look bad in order make the first character look good. This is a problem that we also see all the time in Arrow and the flash too. So feminism has nothing to do with this, it's just bad writing. I don't think it's feminism that caused Barry to suddenly become so dumb that he had to be talked though whatever he was doing by his team. It's just the stupid writers wanting the Flash team to be relevant and having something to do, so they dumb Barry down to give them something to do.

It's just bad writing, not feminism. It might be one of the reasons why the bad writing existed in the first place.... but even if you removed that the writing would still be bad until the writers finally realizes there's a better way to show off how special the other characters are.

Comment

I was joking about Jason and Damian. But Alfred, though...

Comment

I was joking about Jason and Damian. But Alfred, though...
                      My issues with the show's direction aside, didn't Maggie date Batwoman in the comics? I seem to recall reading something along those lines when Maggie's character was first announced. I thought she was the one rumored to appear on the show once Maggie showed up anyways.

Comment

That sounds right. Between Maggie, Kate Kane, and Renee Montoya, I'm not entirely certain who dated whom. They may have all dated each other at some point. I know Renee and Kate had history, as told in the 52 series.

Comment

I'd rather see batgirl.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎