Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Song in Your Heart?"

What did you think?

Edit: I gave it a 6.

Everybody did a great job singing, but I don't think this was the right time for a musical episode.

It just felt like more stalling to me.

I loved that Regina cursed in song, but that was about it.

Another thing that irked me was—once again—how they're all facing another Dark Curse.

It just felt SO repetitive.

I can forgive it, but the Season Finale can't get here fast enough.
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

I really enjoyed it. Thought most of the musical numbers were good ("Love Doesn't Stand a Chance" and "Revenge Is Gonna Be Mine" were the best ones), though I felt "Emma's Theme" was weak. An important thing in musicals is that the musical numbers can't suddenly interrupt the plot. They have to further the characters or the plot. At no point did I feel "okay, can we go on with the episode already!", which is a problem I had with the Flash/Supergirl musical crossover. There the musical numbers felt like an interruption.

At first I figured the musical aspect would be restricted to the flashbacks (as no one in the present sang). I'm glad they connected it to what was going on in the present. Otherwise you would've cut between two different plots, where one of them was a musical.

Didn't care for Emma's wedding dress. However, I did enjoy the final musical number. If the Black Fairy wasn't still around and the episode hadn't ended with another curse, it could've worked as a series finale. It's a shame they hadn't defeated her, because it made the wedding seem irresponsible. Okay, so you have this major league curse, that will be cast at a specific time. But, let's ignore the serious threat and get married.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎