0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Sink it
    0%

In Exodus, we saw Alex's dark side. Here we see Maggie's dark side as well. Despite the episode title and the team-up of both Kara and Maggie, it showcased Maggie here. They connected back to the first season perhaps as a way to get back to its roots.

Comment

Aside from the Lena/Rhea storyline development, this was a filler episode that dumbed the titular hero down to a meathead to prop up a secondary character. Which has become something of an annoying Berlanti-verse storyline trope. And yes, Kara was the voice of reason at the end of the episode, but having a hero forget a lesson only to relearn it again isn't what I'd call character development. That's who Kara should have been all along. Claiming to have compassion while you are breaking into buildings, dragging around bad guys by force and thus hurting them is flat out delusional. Not sure that the writers of this episode fully understood who they were writing for.

As far as the Daxamites go, still not particularly interested in Mon-El, but Rhea is becoming more of an intriguing character as her plan unfolds. It was also nice to see Lena brought into the mix. I just wish they gave Mon-El something other than being Kara's boyfriend. He says he's a hero from time to time. Have we seen any of that on screen?

I missed Snapper. Didn't even notice James was absent.

Once again, J'onn can't use his powers because of a convenient plot device which isn't even elaborated on. Typical.

4/10.
      Last edited by costas22; 05-02-2017, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Over dramatic? check.
        No legit police/detective work whatsoever? check.
        Characters acting like total morons for no plausible reason? check.
        Deus ex machina memory wipe to solve the unsolvable problem? check.

Pretty much total garbage made only just barely watchable thanks to a surprisingly solid performance by the bad guy and because I'm fanboy-ing for Teri Hatcher.

Comment

Other than the Lena/Rhea angle, it was a meh episode for reasons already mentioned.

Kara was in the wrong for much of the ep. but comes out of it smelling like a rose ... because Maggie forgets her own advice and inexplicably decides to take a page from Kara? I'm thinking Alex would have got herself free sooner, if not for those two blockheads mucking around.

Mon-El was ... just there. And Jimmy "wishes" he was just there. At this point, I'd settle for seeing him at the end of an episode with a bag of potstickers. Maybe when the LoT crew broke time, they caused James to be erased, lol.

The villain did sell it though, kudos to him.

Comment

Yeah, truth be told, for a villain of the week, this guy proved to be quite methodical and cunning. Makes you wish they wrote their regular villains like this.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
              Kara was in the wrong for much of the ep. but comes out of it smelling like a rose ... because Maggie forgets her own advice and inexplicably decides to take a page from Kara?
              That part annoyed me too as well. I actually liked the fact that Maggie brought up how some criminals go free on a technicality because Kara doesn't follow due processes that all cops have to follow.

I was hoping it'd be a ep where we get a look at how Superheroes affect the criminal system, and how cops have to deal with the problems as an result of that. THAT would had been interesting as heck to me, if you know what I mean.

Instead we get an ep where Kara is always right, etc because she's Supergirl.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                That part annoyed me too as well. I actually liked the fact that Maggie brought up how some criminals go free on a technicality because Kara doesn't follow due processes that all cops have to follow.

I was hoping it'd be a ep where we get a look at how Superheroes affect the criminal system, and how cops have to deal with the problems as an result of that. THAT would had been interesting as heck to me, if you know what I mean.
                Hey, why would they do that when they can turn every plot into a relationship drama?

Anyway, I agree that that would be interesting. Supergirl (and the big guy, as well) needs to refrain from responding to every police call. Disregarding legal issues, the police and regular citizens need to be able to handle their normal affairs, lest they grow dependent on capes to come in and solve every problem. This would be an interesting lesson to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon

Nah. Gotta push the overboard CW political agendas, doncha know. Instead of actually learning lessons, gotta encourage young women that Kara's right because she's the girl in charge. That's the spirit, CW!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎