Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Future"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Future"?

I have mixed feelings about this episode.

Let’s start at the beginning. Kelly tries to kill herself. And fails, of course. Knew she would. Figured either Lucifer or the baby itself (himself, I guess?) would stop her. Sure enough…

Sam researching montage! Cool.

Sam saying the baby will be born around May 18th. I laughed because that’s when the SPN season finale (back to back episodes, in fact) is set to air. And I’m guessing the birth will be the finale (or in it).

Castiel returns at last. Dean lashing out at him, Sam trying to be understanding. Cas returns Dean’s cassette tape. Dean telling him that it was a gift. “You keep those.” Also “Go Team Freewill.” I love that that is still a thing on the show.

The boys come up with a plan—to extract the angel grace from the baby, thus making it a normal child. Cas is gone again though, and he took the Colt! He reveals he’s doing it for the boys, to save them from having to kill Kelly. I was sort of facepalming. I mean, c’mon, Cas! You’ve known these guys for how long?! If there’s a way to save the day without hurting an innocent, they find it (they, themselves, might die but…). When Cas said ‘trust me’ later I wanted to say “how about you trust them to find another way, first?”

Anyway, Cas wasting one of the 2 bullets left in the Colt. And not killing Dagon or Kelly.

Lucifer’s tantrum (and Dagon’s a fool for believing Lucifer’s lies).

The truck won’t start, Kelly suggests the baby is good (yeah, she’s not brainwashed at all after the baby saved her. /sarcasm). The boys find them, Kelly steals Baby (not cool, lady!) and Dean and Sam follow after Dean fixes the truck.

Joshua comes from Heaven wearing a new face and is promptly ganked by Dagon (a little too easily, if you ask me). Dagon destroys the Colt—did we know she could do that?! I didn’t think anything could! And then Cas ‘bonds’ with the baby and gets Yellow Eyes and seems to be, if not back to full power, then close. He takes out Dagon, heals Dean and then puts the boys to sleep. At least he left them the Impala. Cas has now joined Team Lucifer’s Baby, it seems.

So yeah, was good to have the plot advanced but then it’s not a plot I’m all that fond of (magic baby storylines are almost never my cup of tea). And it was nice to see Cas again.

As I said, mixed feelings about this one.

Sidenote: this episode was directed by Amanda Tapping, who was the angel Naomi in Season 9 (but is, of course, best known for her role as Sam Carter on Stargate SG-1).
    10--better than fixing a broken down truck yourself
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than having to 'go to the Sandbox'
    0%

I enjoyed the episode and I am glad that the Colt is of the table (won't be surprised if they somehow find a way to repair it in the Bunker) as it always gives the writers an easy way out to kill something.

Hopefully Cas will now be fully powered, because this 'wimpy, broken' version has dragged on for far too many seasons. It's time we get the season 4/5 Cas back.

Are we to assume that Lucifer's son is the real Antichrist now? If not, I think it's time they bring back Jesse as he should have his powers again now that Lucifer is out of his cage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kal El's Equal
      Hopefully Cas will now be fully powered, because this 'wimpy, broken' version has dragged on for far too many seasons.
      I don't think he's 100% fully restored but seems much more powerful than usual. Maybe 75%?

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎