No announcement yet.

Fan fiction and shipping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

BKWurm:
    Maybe it's some of the fandom circles I run in, but I've noticed plenty of teenage boys and men writing fanfics a lot too. Granted, some of it is mostly alpha power fantasies, but still. So that's why I'm kind of doubtful that it's mostly a ladies' thing.

You do bring up a excellent point however. It's true that Fanfic does fill a void that popular media just doesn't give us.
    Popular media like TV shows tend to portray only highly specific types of relationships, and really doesn't explore all kinds of diverse tastes and relationships that people in real life have.

Spock and Kirk was the first slash pairing long before the internet ever existed, in fan magazines run by women.
    There was men who were into stories muscular women whose clothes ripped apart every time they flexed, mainly because those men were tired of society and the media telling them that they all should be into a specific type of woman. (blonde, skinny and weak).
    Lesbian love stories, for obvious reasons...

Comment

Maybe it's some of the fandom circles I run in, but I've noticed plenty of teenage boys and men writing fanfics a lot too. Granted, some of it is mostly alpha power fantasies, but still. So that's why I'm kind of doubtful that it's mostly a ladies' thing.
      I'm sure it varies fandom to fandom as well. I can only speak about my experiences. But back when the Kirk/Spock stuff came out and fans weren't anonymous on the net, 70% of the creators were women. Kind of mindblowing.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎