Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "A Wondrous Place?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "A Wondrous Place?"

What did you think?

Edit: I gave it a 1, because I thought this was the absolute WORST episode of the show I've ever seen.

We had to sit through all of that nonsense just so Emma could find out through a "shell phone?"

It was already bad enough to have her tell David the secret at the start.

The episode literally did NOTHING to move the main arc forward, either. I'm so tired of filler episodes like this.

It was straight-up GARBAGE. I'm almost afraid to watch next week.

I'll finish the season, but this show has definitely lost the spark it used to have.
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

I gave it 5 but that was being nice. I agree with a lot of our post Aries83.

The show had so much potential before Winter's break but what I've seen so far gives me no desire to come back next year. It is so sad to see a once great show be diminished by such poor writing.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
      I gave it 5 but that was being nice. I agree with a lot of our post Aries83.
      Thank you, SteelyGal. I really hate to be so harsh, but it just wasn't a good episode no matter how you cut it.

Originally posted by SteelyGal
      IThe show had so much potential before Winter's break but what I've seen so far gives me no desire to come back next year. It is so sad to see a once great show be diminished by such poor writing.
      I totally agree. My biggest gripe with this episode has to do with the Jasmine/Aladdin flashbacks. ALL of those scenes should've been included in an episode from the first half of the season—when both characters first arrived in Storybrooke. They waited too long to tell the full story.

Characters like Ariel, Aladdin, Prince Eric, and Jasmine are supporting characters. It was a mistake to think they could carry an entire episode by themselves. Ariel/Eric just weren't needed, either. I mean, we saw most of their backstory played out before, so I'm not sure why they felt the need to throw them back into the mix.

Comment

Very tiresome filler indeed. When Gideon forced Hook and Nemo out of Storybrook, last episode, I was expecting a big confrontation between him and Emma this week.

Instead, the episode centers around guest characters, Jasmine and Aladdin, with Emma playing a minor role, where she goes out and has a few drinks with Snow and Regina. And having no involvement in the main plot. I'm also not too crazy about this version of Aladdin. He comes across as too whiney. I got the feeling that they tried (and failed) to do a revisionist take on Aladdin, where Jasmine is the real hero of the story.

Finding myself wondering if they should drop (and/or kill off) Henry. All he did was sit on a couch for two scenes. What's the point of this kid anymore?

Not sure if one of the problem's with this season, is that they're trying to spend a whole season on one story arc (instead of breaking the season into two halves, like in seasons 3-5) or if they've simply run out of steam.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎