No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Fellowship of the Spear?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Fellowship of the Spear?"

Well, it seems no one came in for the Live discussion... maybe you'll talk about the episode itself?
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

I wish there wasn't such a huge time difference between my country and the US. I really want to partake in live episode discussions (even if it's just to moan ), but it's just not possible. LoT airs at 4am where I live.

Anyway, I found this a pretty decent episode in regards to bringing the Spear to the forefront and focusing on its attraction to different members of the team. Amaya resisted the temptation, but poor Mick couldn't. It is a bit disappointing because I felt the show had put in a considerable effort into making us believe he had changed. But it's like Ray said, maybe the team itself didn't really give him a chance to prove it. Which, again, is disappointing because the Ray/Mick friendship in particular was well developed until they dropped it after a few episodes. That said, Mick is apparently a key part is turning things back to the way they were next week, so once reality is restored, it will be interesting how the Legends deal with him after that.

I loved seeing Snart and Wentworth is fun in the role, as always. I do have one issue with his return though. Since the Legion yanked him out of the timeline right before he joined the Legends, shouldn't that automatically change a lot of the stuff that happened last year on this show? It's the same gripe I have with Darhk's presence on LoT right now. It's hard to completely enjoy this show when there are such clear retcons in its time travel rulebook.

For me the most head scratching part of the episode was the Legends deciding to make the Spear whole again. Why? Wasn't it completely harmless with the Legion having 2 pieces and the Legends having 2? Why unite the thing and instantly make it easier to get? Reminds me of that time on Arrow when Team Arrow fixed Darhk's idol instead of keeping it scattered. Good grief.

6/10
    Last edited by costas22; 03-22-2017, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Ok say goodbye to my hope that Capt. Cold will join the team again.

I can't believe the Legion wasn't ready for the Legends storming in their hideout and stealing their pieces of the spear. Then again from the very beginning Thawne thought the Legends were idiots. I should have guess they were hiding in the vanishing point. Its the only place Thawne can go that the Zombie Speedster can get to him.

I can't blame Mick the Legends have been treating him poorly. Thinking he was only a dumb brute no feelings. Stein should have befriended him more. The guy had his only friend back from the dead something that Rip denied him. I think Mick conclude that this guy may look like snart sound like snart have memories like Snart but that aint him.

Comment

I didn't mind this one at all, it was an entertaining ep. I think just having the setting during the Battle of the Somme(!) meant that there weren't going to be a whole lot of wise cracks and the tone would be decidedly more serious with the season finale on the horizon.

I think they tried to make us think that Mick or Amaya would fall under the influence of the spear, when it turned out that the team's mistrust of Mick (Ray was the only one would sensed it on this front) was the issue that ultimately drove him back to his partner. It seems rather quick that the team, who seemed to be coming around to him, would mostly come down hard on him -- but I guess with the season winding down there wasn't much time left to set the stage for his maybe-heel turn. I feel the team has irrevocably changed his outlook and his being stuck with Snart and the Legion is only going to be a holding pattern. His "loyalty" is to Snart and he has no real stake in the Legion's big picture schemes.

Yeah, I didn't get the idea of why they had to unite all the pieces -- when it was safer broken up and separated. Also grating was, when they figured out they needed Christ's blood ... Sara's first reaction was to tell Gideon to go to the time of the Crucifixion? Riiiiight, like that idea would pan out so well. Interfere with one of the defining events of Western civilization? At best, they would be barred from entering Jerusalem by the Romans. At worst, they meddle, screw up everything and up-end the unfolding of history from that time onward. Rip wisely stepped in to nix the idea (though I wish they had this 'time is sacred' moment of clarity a few more times during the series). Maybe Rip should be captain again.

First rule about LoT time travel is: there are no rules. They're grocery store time travelers at this point-- they browse around the time travel rule aisles, abide by one rule, discard another ... sometimes in the same episode, as it suits them.

I did like the idea that maybe the Legion doesn't know how to use the Spear aka they have a user manual for an iPhone when what they needed was one for a Samsung. And we all know Malcolm wasn't absent because he was being all Indiana Jones in finding that mystical book -- he was keeping da boys in line as Cutter Moran in MusicalVille! (Don't be embarrassed about it, Malcolm -- maybe Thawne and Darhk won't think you're a dork. Maybe Thawne is a sucker for Les Miz and Darhk might tear up during Sound of Music.)

Comment

I'm really worried about where mick is headed after this; there's only so many places you can go with his character, once his " hero arc" is over. Is he going to stay with the legends, or go back to the rogues? I know a lot of people would vote for option b, but I've enjoyed mick this past season- I'm just not sure where he can go from here. I don't think he really fits in with the rogues any more.
          Last edited by protege; 03-22-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me if Mick sacrifices himself at the end of the season. He wouldn't be the first Flash Rogue that LoT killed off.

Comment

I thought it was a well-written episode, very enjoyable to watch.

However, I don't really like the idea that they inspired Tolkien to write the lord of the rings. How many historical figures did they inspire to do the the thing that they were famous for at this point? :P

Comment

'Fellowship Of the Spear' is a good episode. The legends got the Spear back in one piece again. That was the biggest mistake they ever made. Captain Cold is back and he's on the other side. The bad guys gotten the spear and has to use a book on how it work to use it. How will the Legends fix it?

Comment

Not a fan of them involving Tolkien. I should perhaps note that I have never read any of his books and only seen one of the movies (which I saw ages ago, at school). So, this episode probably contains a bunch of references to Tolkien's work that I failed to recognized or understand. And the ones I did recognize felt pretty heavy handed. I can only assume it like with George Lucas, where the episode implies that the person was inspired by their encounter with the legends... However, surely that makes the entire encounter pre-destination. Where they were always destined to travel back in time and inspire said person(s).

I could totally understand why Mick turned his back on the Legends. However, I suspect they'll kill him off, after this season. Don't see where else they can go with him.

Okay, so the Legion has finally altered reality. This is what I've been looking forward to all season, as I'm extremely curious about the aftermath. [SPOILER]Okay, so the Legends will obviously undo "Doomworld". But, will they be able to fully restore the previous reality or, accidently, merge Earth-1 with Earth-38 (if they're ever going to do it, this is the most appropriate moment) or have some other changes?[/SPOILER]

Comment

Couldn't help but love the fact that Tolkien played a major part in the episode, so I knew there'd be tons of Hobbit and Lord of the Rings references all over.

Not sure how i feel about Mick turning over to the dark side and joining the Legion. I will concede that it's true most of the team treats him as a "meh" type of person and doesn't fully trust him, though that he's a criminal in the past that's for good reason, along with the fact that he did betray them last season when they went to future Star City, and then came back as Chronos. That's twice in both seasons of the show that he's betrayed the Legends, which kinda makes it predictable this time around.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎