Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Raid"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "The Raid"?

So I thought this one was pretty good—until the end. But we’ll get there.

First, we pick up right where we left off (only skipping a few scenes, like “the look” discussion). Dean’s line about never having been a child was just…intense and painful and excellently played by Jensen. Also, his “good” was spot on as well. Then him calling her Mary? I mean, she has always been so important to them, especially to Dean. She was practically their raison d’etre for a long time. He had her on a pedestal. For her to betray them like that? Yeah, he’d be pissed. What bothers me is that we didn’t really get to see (if there’s been any) change in the relationship between the boys and their mom. I mean, they treat her like another hunter now (even before the start of this ep.). Where did that come from?

Anyway, Sam walking out too was good. He has more reason than the others to hate the BMOL, after all.

The BMOL HQ. Very Agents of SHIELD.

Dean telling Sam to pick a side, to stop playing the middle. Hello, Dean, have you met Sam?! His role is ‘peacemaker’! He always tries to make peace, to bridge the gap. That’s who he is.

Sam meeting with Mary. I get this, I understand it. Sam wanting to see if she’s got a good reason. But mostly all I could think was “oh boy, Dean’s gonna be pissed when he finds out!”

Ketch showing up and tempting Dean with that booze. Loved Ketch’s line later about how he’d almost hooked Dean but then everything went sideways. No, Ketch, you think you hooked him.

So they want to kill all the vamps? Even the good ones? Cause there have been good ones. Like Lenore, who was an ally of the Winchesters. Or what about the vamps from the failed spin-off Bloodlines? Here’s the thing about “wipe out all the supernatural creatures”—some of them might not be evil. Surely Sam (and Dean) could point this out to the BMOL? I mean, they’ve had allies from the ‘other side’ before. (Also makes me wonder, if the BMOL are on a crusade to kill all supernatural creatures, does that include witches—even good ones? And angels? What about Gods?)

Ketch and Toni used to date? Huh.

Dean and Ketch going after the vamps. Knew, immediately, that they would be after the BMOL HQ.

BMOLs didn’t even know the Alpha had been in America? Not good.

Sam’s reaction to the Colt. Priceless.

Wait, Sam knows how to make the bullets? I know Ruby 1.0 told Bobby how. Well, I guess either Bobby told them or left the recipe, just in case? Seemed a bit too easy, though.

That hunter being a turncoat was not that interesting. Why are all hunters other than the Winchesters sucky?

The Alpha and his “get off my lawn” moment.

Sam offering the BMOL. Who else instantly knew it was a trick? *raises hand* C’mon.

Sam kills the Alpha (another big score for Sam!).

Dean calling Mary Mom again, Sam siding with the BMOL (ugh, no, please) and I’m left with the biggest question of the night—who has the COLT?! Cause it should be in Winchester hands. But I have a feeling it’s with the BMOL. Still want the backstory for the Colt too (I mean, we know that Samuel Colt made it for a hunter but what hunter? I’m going to be convinced it was for a Campbell—on of Mary’s ancestors—until proven otherwise).

So pretty good episode (though we skated dangerously close to Winchesters keeping secrets from each other again—which is never a good thing), until Sam sided with the BMOL. Oh boy, is that gonna backfire on them. (also, have these people never seen that season of Buffy when she starts working with the government?)
    10--excellent!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--terrible!
    0%

I really enjoyed this episode, I didn’t think I would due to it being Dean lite, as you can tell I am a Deans girl. I can understand Jensen wanted to be with his family, for the birth of his twins.
    I was pleased they continued with the conversation between Mary and the boys. I was sad to see Sam wanting to join the men of letters, why doesn’t Sam just say to Dean he wants to work with them instead of being sneaky and going behind his back again. Dean is going to feel so betrayed again by his whole family. Dean and Mr Ketch can team up I suppose, but Dean is nothing like him.
    Had they teamed up when Dean had the Mark of Cain, it might have been a different story.

Comment

It was a great episode seeing Ketch & Dean working together, the return of the Colt & the death of the Alpha Vamp, we have to wait 5 seasons for that, good wait.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎