Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmm smarties

I once drank something called 'Clearly Canadian'.

Oh yes.. funny no one has said this before: the Smallville/Canada connection? Vancouver! The Hollywood of the North

Comment

Vancouver is the 4th largest film/tv making city in North America, after Hollywood, L.A., and Toronto.

Comment

Let's see how many series and movies we can think of that are made in and around Vancouver
        TV SERIES:
        Smallville
        StarGate SG-1 (and most likely also the spin off, Atlantis)
        The Dead Zone
        Dead Like Me

Now R.I.P. if I'm not mistaken: X Files

MOVIES
        Daredevil (and the Elektra movie)

That's all I can think of for now...

Comment

I, Robot was filmed in Vancouver...

Russell Crowe is in Toronto right now filming a movie. I'm going downtown today, so maybe if they're still there, I might catch a glimpse of him on set somewhere (although, with Toronto being something like the largest city in Canada, there are a lot of odds against me seeing him ).

Comment

The Criminal Instincts movies (starring Victor Garber ) were made in Toronto, right?

Have you seen them? I think they were pretty good.

About Canadian movies.. I have Men With Brooms on DVD. Now that's a great comedy, you have to see it!

Comment

I have seen it! I love Paul Gross... not like that, but you know. Speaking of Paul Gross, Due South was made in Toronto.

Comment

Let's list some of the ladies/men that come out of Canada who are gorgeous. Well in my eyes.

Brendan Fehr
                Joshua Jackson
                Kristin Kruek

Comment

*adds some more names to the list*

Paul Gross
                  Victor Garber
                  Eric Johnson
                  Emmanuelle Vaugier
                  Michael Shanks

Comment

*adds another couple*
                    Kam
                    Allison
                    Kristen
                    Yam
                    Gizmo (I don't know her real name)
                    Caitlin

Comment

Kevin Zegers

Comment

Ehm Jim Carrey's also a Canuck.

Comment

I saw Jim Carrey's star on the Canadian Walk of Fame today

And I also saw part of the set for Russell Crowe's new movie "The Cinderella Man", which is based on a true story (it's set in New York in 1935). Here are some pictures!!

I also took a picture inside of Union Station, which has been used for numerous movies, two of the most popular being Superman and X-Men.

Last edited by i luv tom welling; 08-13-2004, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Nice pics, iltw!!

Comment

Thanks, Kam I also have pictures of me with the Stanley Cup and my friend beside the Lucky Loonie, but I don't think they'll be leaving the folder on my computer Besides, it's not the REAL Stanley Cup, because the real one is out with the Tampa Bay Lightning. It's the stand-in, right now, but I do have pictures of the old, original cup

Comment

BAD news!!!!! That US discount-store chain Target is trying to buy the Hudson's Bay Company The Bay is 334 years old, and the only domestically owned department store retailer. How the hell can we support the economy if EVERY single store in Canada is American owned?? I'm just so pissed off. Ever since Eaton's folded, The Bay is all we have.

Here's the article from the Globe and Mail http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...BNStory/Front/

I wonder if we could start a boycott. That would be so cool. But hopefully, it won't come to that. Let's hope the HBC is thinking in the interests of Canadians rather than their wallets.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎