Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are some villains you'd like to see appear in Supergirl?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are some villains you'd like to see appear in Supergirl?

Here we go. Name some Super villains from the DC comics universe you'd like to appear in Supergirl. Since it's pretty clear that they aren't shy about borrowing villains from other super hero pools pretty much anything other than Batman villains would be acceptable for this discussion.

My list includes (in no particular order):

Star Sapphire and/or Sinestro
    Cheetah
    Giganta
    Lobo (although whether or not as a straight up villain or just as a bounty hunter causing too much collateral damage could always be up for debate)
    The Reach
    Braniac (no I don't count Indigo for this)
    Darksied/Granny Goodness (I include both as an option as the likely option for this scenario would be Granny always the one onscreen acting on Darkseid's orders since this show focus's heavily on uber feminism as a theme)

I like the idea of Granny Goodness appearing on the show. Why not have her female furies show up too? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_Furies

Comment

Some great suggestions, Granny Goodness and the Female Furies would be brilliant. I would add The Krypton Man and what about stealing a few Batman Beyond villains with the likes of Spellbinder and Shriek.

I would like to see the writers get a little creative and try to create some new villains. I think much like STAS did with Livewire and Volcana to name a few creating new villains while tricky can work out great for the character overall. We've seen a few times where newly created characters for the screen have made it into the comics too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
        I like the idea of Granny Goodness appearing on the show. Why not have her female furies show up too? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_Furies
        Heh well I figured that she and her furies were a package deal kind of thing since she was in/famous for programming those glorified hench-women. WIth one the other usually isn't too far behind anyways.

My thoughts on Granny were that she could actually be a seasonal big bad that leads up to darksied for a following season. THat may be the exscuse/reason the CW could use to bring back superman for a special two parter episode or something since Clark and Darksied ARE bitter/huge enemies/rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by Stebob1984
          I would like to see the writers get a little creative and try to create some new villains. I think much like STAS did with Livewire and Volcana to name a few creating new villains while tricky can work out great for the character overall. We've seen a few times where newly created characters for the screen have made it into the comics too.
          I agree with this, actually. There's also the fact that Super-girl actually has her own rogue's gallery here: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/superg...-2351/enemies/
          Here's tons to pick from...
          like Black flame: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/black-flame/4005-58976/

I could see Black Flame being retooled to fit the DC TV show.

Comment

I agree with this, actually. There's also the fact that Super-girl actually has her own rogue's gallery here: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/superg...-2351/enemies/
            Here's tons to pick from...
            like Black flame: http://comicvine.gamespot.com/black-flame/4005-58976/

I could see Black Flame being retooled to fit the DC TV show.
            No doubts Kandor will eventually make it's way to Supergirl's TV show (kind of a given, given it's history to Supergirl cannon). Black Flame though? Possible. Maybe as a villain of the week but I don't see yet another Kryptonian lasting long enough to get her own seasonal arc as a main villain with out looking redundant. Especially since Astra and General Non's army already filled the shows quota on evil Kryptonians.

Comment

well... I could see them retconning Black Flame to be some kind experiment created by Maxwell lord, the same way he created Bizzaro-Supergirl. Or make her a daxamite like Mon-el. There's ways they can reinterpret the character and give them different backgrounds. It could even be seen as a nod to the original character when they do it.

Comment

well... I could see them retconning Black Flame to be some kind experiment created by Maxwell lord, the same way he created Bizzaro-Supergirl. Or make her a daxamite like Mon-el. There's ways they can reinterpret the character and give them different backgrounds. It could even be seen as a nod to the original character when they do it.
                You mean Project Cadmus, right? Max Lord isn't a character on Supergirl this season so it would be hard for him to create her, but Cadmus, yeah I can see that.

Just a thought, but with Cadmus being a huge nod to Young Justice already, what about some of those Geno-morph aliens that were running around the labs during the show?

Comment

Oh yeah, that could work too. merge Kryptonian DNA with a Geno-morph alien... and you get a black-haired hottie who was trained by Camdus to have a grudge against Super-girl. If done right she could be a reoccurring villain too alongside Cadmus.

Comment

I would love to see the Emerald Empress from the Legion of Superheroes. I recently watched the Justice League Unlimited episode in which the Legion brings GA, GL and Supergirl to the future to help them fight her and her team. Since they are doing the Legion of Superheroes this season, it would make sense for them to bring her in. So far they have cast Braniac 5 and Saturn Girl. What other Legion characters do you think they will cast?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎