Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Medusa"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Happy Hanksgiving, everyone.

You had to know this wasn't really part of the crossover unless you went in completely blind. As such, it's hard to be disappointed in that, though it is questionable advertising. It's a three-part crossover with Supergirl as a guest star, which is cool in itself.

I hope it becomes a recurring gag this season that Mon-El can't distinguish J'onn from Hank.

Science is a joke on a lot of shows, so it's hard to get too bent out of shape about it here. Needless to say, Eliza is the science magician of the week.

A story about a (Martian) man(hunter) physically becoming what he hates could have been interesting, so of course it was solved offscreen. I figured that virus would cure him, but, uh, not so easily.

I guess Alex will have to give back her "can't catch a break" t-shirt - right, President Luthor?

Lena's deception wasn't too surprising, as it would have been quite the sudden turn otherwise. That had better not be the end of Cadmus

Comment

It was a pretty solid ep overall. The only question is... if Kryptonians NAMED the virus medusa, then did they visit earth before in some form before? Otherwise, it seems odd that they would reference an alien culture's mythology without even ever interacting with Earth in any way at all. The only way this can even make sense to me is if Clark/Superman decided to rename the files on this thing in his computer for easier reference.
      Just a small moment of fridge logic for me. :P
      Last edited by Aurora Moon; 11-30-2016, 09:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
        Well, Happy Hanksgiving, everyone.

You had to know this wasn't really part of the crossover unless you went in completely blind. As such, it's hard to be disappointed in that, though it is questionable advertising. It's a three-part crossover with Supergirl as a guest star, which is cool in itself.
        She, imo, totally stole the show on Flash though. LOVED her acting and expressions when she said to Mick "that's a colourful back-story". If CR is considered the definitive SM, Melissa Benoist is the definitive SG, she is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
          It was a pretty solid ep overall. The only question is... if Kryptonians NAMED the virus medusa, then did they visit earth before in some form before? Otherwise, it seems odd that they would reference an alien culture's mythology without even ever interacted with Earth in any way at all. The only way this can even make sense to me is if Clark/Superman decided to rename the files on this thing in his computer for easier reference.
          Just a small moment of fridge logic for me. :P
          I thought about this as well. Very odd. At least Myriad was a word that was presumably translated. I also thought about how easy it apparently was to synthesize and otherwise manipulate a Kryptonian virus on Earth. Surely Krypton had different plants, animals, bacteria, etc., than Earth does. But again, when science people do science things on these shows, you can't ask too many questions. The same goes for Eliza reverse-engineering it the very same day it's unleashed.

Originally posted by speople
          She, imo, totally stole the show on Flash though. LOVED her acting and expressions when she said to Mick "that's a colourful back-story". If CR is considered the definitive SM, Melissa Benoist is the definitive SG, she is amazing.
          I think this show is okay, but I like her a lot.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
          The scary thing about James not even registering on the radar in this ep is: did people notice/care that he wasn't really present in this ep.? Having Winn and Alex in the loop may be beneficial for his sake, if only that he'd be part of subplots not related to Kara and her heart, but it truly is stunning to me that the show has yet to figure out just what to do with a prominent canon(!) Superman character.

Make him CatCo boss, make him a vigilante, throw him into a secret-keeping triumvirate with more popular characters Alex and Winn ... none of it seems to be clicking with me re: making James interesting as a character. And this is James Olsen in a show set in a universe with Superman in it(!!). I'm not even the biggest Supes fan and this whole equation does not add up with me.
          Yeah, I don't get this. There was an episode earlier this season where he didn't show up until the very end, and I hadn't even realized he was missing. It's quite perplexing. It doesn't help that he doesn't feel like Jimmy Olsen in the first place.
          Last edited by nate-dog1701d; 11-30-2016, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I thought about this as well. Very odd. At least Myriad was a word that was presumably translated. I also thought about how easy it apparently was to synthesize and otherwise manipulate a Kryptonian virus on Earth. Surely Krypton had different plants, animals, bacteria, etc., than Earth does. But again, when science people do science things on these shows, you can't ask too many questions. The same goes for Eliza reverse-engineering it the very same day it's unleashed.

I think this show is okay, but I like her a lot.

Yeah, I don't get this. There was an episode earlier this season where he didn't show up until the very end, and I hadn't even realized he was missing. It's quite perplexing. It doesn't help that he doesn't feel like Jimmy Olsen in the first place.
            I agree, the Jimmy character has never worked for me, best to send him back to Metropolis and Lucy. When the show first started I thought the actor would have been better cast as Aqualad, and held out hopes that Jimmy was just an alias that Superman created to hide the sea Prince for his friend Aquaman. Yes, I know just a foolish fanboy, fan fiction dream, but the way the character is now just doesn't work and he's dragging Winn down with him.

Comment

I guess Alex will have to give back her "can't catch a break" t-shirt - right, President Luthor?
              Yes, because "Girl caught a break!" For the moment, she's Raj blowing off the fanboys at the comic book store after snagging a coffee date with Lucy: "Later, losers!!!"

Still, Caitlin will retain Alex's club t-shirt size for six months if her membership needs to be revisited. Caitlin thought she found love again with "Jay" ... and look where she is now, she's social committee chair for the Can't Catch a Break national charter (The Thanksgiving 'I'm No Turkey' Pity Party was a hoot! Book now for the Missin' That Mistletoe Xmas Formal!). Poor girl.

As for Mon-El, he gave Kara a kiss that she may not choose to remember, or that he forgot he gave to her, or regrets that she didn't remember, or ... aww hell, it's gonna be a melodramatic mess. Cisco: get that introductory membership package ready for Mon-El, he may need it by season's end. Even death can't be ruled out at this point. Duuude, you might not catch a break after all.

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode. My only minor complaint is, and it is minor, that the crossover should have been the last 10 minutes or so of the show to really get the 4 part epic off to a rousing start. My personal opinion is Supergirl is the best of the current superhero shows and I feel the crossover could have been handled more effectively. Other than that, I'm pleased with excellent storytelling so far this season.

Comment

If Zor-El engineered Medusa to kill all aliens except Kryptonians, how come it didn't also kill humans ? Did Cadmus re-engineer the virus somehow ? I doubt they would have the technology to do that, as I doubt Eliza could have found a "cure" so easily. Isn't Kryptonian science supposed to be far more advanced than anything the DEO or Cadmus have/know ?

Overall, except for those inconsistencies, this episode was OK. The hooded aliens looking for Mon-El open up some interesting future plot possibilities. What is Mon-El's secret and why is he being chased across the galaxy ?
                  Last edited by Mbruno; 12-15-2016, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎