No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Survivors?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigificWriter
    How about the fact that Alex and Sara are never going to actually meet on account of existing in different universes?
    You mean, like how SG and Flash should never have met because they exist in different universes?

If that milk had never spilled, it would be true. But it already has, and will again this season, so it's not far-fetched at all that anyone could seep into SG's universe, or have alternate earth versions meet up etc.

If the Berlantiverse had rigid time traveling codes that they adhered to, we could argue about the impossibility of people crossing over. But they've been playing fast 'n loose with these rules across all series, so just about anything is fair game. As a time travel fan I don't like this cavalier approach, but the show isn't too concerned about sticking to temporal standards if it gets in the way of storytelling.

Anyway, do I actually expect Alex and Sara to ever meet or care if they do or not in the context of the actual series? Not at all. But less seriously -- do I want Alex and Sara to meet? Oh yes indeed.

"Sara: Oh, let me help you out of that jacket.

Alex: Thanks, Sara. Lugging around those DEO blaster rifles really makes my shoulder sore!

Sara: I could show you some mystic relaxation techniques I've learned from the League of Assassins. It's all about pressure points and re-channeling one's energies *massages Alex's neck*

Alex: Oh wow, that's amazing! Umm -- do you like frappuccinos? Maybe we could grab some, you know, after I punch out of work tomorrow?

Kara: I don't think I like this. Sara is a violent assassin. And she's, er, not my sister's type, yeah, that's it ... (Both Cisco and Winn hold her back) Hey, what gives?

Cisco: We've just witnessed the birth of Salex, peeps. Just let them be, Kara, let it all play out. None of our business who they like, right? FYI: I'm backing Salex like nobody's business.

Winn: Yeah, Kara, don't be a ship-sinker. The heart wants what it wants. (under his breath) You're my #WomanCrushEveryday, Kara."

Comment

As of now, there's no reason why the Legends would come to "Earth-CBS"/"Earth-S", and Kara is the only character from that universe who will be crossing to Earth-1.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
        Jay is Zoom was downright silly, fused as it was with the ridiculous romance with Caitlin. This plotline was 360 degrees of awful -- and a black mark The Flash's S2 must own. While it's possible they could ship Lena with someone and botch the whole thing, it's a bridge we haven't seen them cross yet. Somehow, I don't think they'll drop the ball with Lena like they did with Zoom.

If Lena turning from face to heel does retread familiar ground, it would be ground that SV's Lex has walked on, as well as Katie's own Morgana character on Merlin. Is it repetitive? Yes it could be, but at the same time that's not bad company either. I think Lena could turn heel or at minimum, be morally shady -- someone Kara can't entirely trust. We don't need to see yet another adoring member of the ever-growing Team Kara fan club -- now that would serve no real narrative purpose for Lena. Someone with the last name Luthor in a Superman universe(!) has got to have a larger fate that being one of Kara's hangers-on.

Maybe not as a true heel, but as someone who has a larger, big-picture agenda that comes into conflict with Kara's.
        We should use evidence from the show.

I still say that Corben saying "Luthor" on the phone rather than "Lex" meant more than has been revealed to date. I still say Lena not being on the plane was suspicious. I still say the attempt on her life that rehabilitated her public image was too convenient.

And now she's been entirely helpful to Kara instead of presenting more conflict. How likely is it that Kara's debt to Lena will result in something sketchy? I'd say 99.9999%.

We now also see that Kara is following in Clark's footsteps as a reporter. What better parallels Clark's journey than a rivalry with a Luthor?

And finally, the actress herself has a resume, leading me to believe that she took the role/was offered the role because there is heavy lifting upcoming. Who is the more likely big bad; Brenda Strong playing a minor villain from the comics or Katie McGrath playing a Luthor? I know who I would bet on.
        Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 11-01-2016, 05:10 PM.

Comment

This episode had a lot of Smallville déjà vu for me. They did the fight club in season 6. And the second location of the fight club was where Zod and his people would hang out in season 9.

I'm not sure what to make of Kara using Supergirl as her own source. I never liked it when Clark beat out Lois on a story using Superman and I don't like it now. I much prefered it when Clark stayed away from his own story which he mostly did on Lois & Clark and his DP years on Smallville.

Comment

I actually liked this episode more than last weeks.

I would've liked last weeks but I'm sick to death of politics; I see a political ad and I want to scream so seeing it in TV shows I watch to escape all that just made me not enjoy it.

I didn't see any overt political statements so I actually liked the episode.

Comment

Kara and Mon El are so happening, is not even funny besides Chris and Melissa have more chemistry than she did with Jimmy boy plus if it's slow burn the better no rush, Lena is Maxwell Lord 2.0 she will be the puppet master behind the Fight club but being she will be smarter than Maxwell, no traces will be linked to her.

Alec needs to meet Sara Lance, can it happen any time soon?

Comment

It's funny to me to think back on how Smallville's fight club and Roulette episodes had nothing to do with each other.

Anyway, I liked Roulette in this episode. She had an interesting perspective on alien lives and rights. There are laws about animal cruelty, but none regarding aliens yet.

Did I miss the part where Mon-El learned English? He seems to have had little trouble acclimating to Earth.

When did Kara learn Roulette's name? J'onn learned from M'gann, then we saw Kara confront Roulette, but it was after that that J'onn told everyone about his conversation with M'gann.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎