The Batman (2018)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Batman (2018)

Talk about the Robert Pattinson-led Batman film here
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-20-2021, 12:06 PM. Reason: New Batman actor and release date

Cross post from the DC Film Slate thread.

Joe Manganiello said in an interview with ET that "The Batman" will start filming in Spring 2017.

Comment

I had seen that the other day, was thinking of starting a thread but forgot, thanks for doing that!

I'm extremely curious about the premise of this film, is it before Justice League?

What I enjoyed most about Bats vs. Supes was in fact, Batman/Bruce Wayne. Do we know any plotlines yet? "The Batman" animated series starts with Batman already being around so that would fit with this current timeline.

ETA: I do LOVE that they are calling it "The Batman" too.
      Last edited by WickedJenn; 10-18-2016, 05:38 PM.

Comment

We’re all excited for Ben Affleck’s Batman movie, and his co-star J.K. Simmons is too! The duo worked together on The Accountant and will be teaming up again for The Batman soon. In an …

JK Simmons is excited for the Batman and praises Ben Affleck as an actor and director.

Comment

Adam West recently returned as Batman in the animated movie Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, and during a promotional interview ComicBook.com asked if he’d like a cameo in Ben Affleck&#…

Adam West wants a cameo and he pitched an idea.

It wouldn't work because Jeffrey Dean Morgan is playing Thomas Wayne.

Comment

Jeremy Irons is back in the Oscar race for his subtle turn in "The Man Who Knew Infinity" as G.H. Hardy, a mentor to Srinivasa Ramanujan.

Jeremy Irons says The Batman will film in Summer.

Affleck promised more of Alfred.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
              http://batman-news.com/2016/10/24/ad...-batman-cameo/

Adam West wants a cameo and he pitched an idea.

It wouldn't work because Jeffrey Dean Morgan is playing Thomas Wayne.
              Ugh, I SO WANT this Batman film to be done right, but I'm just not sure.

Slightly off-topic: a friend of mine met Adam at a comic con, and he is still SO excited about his role as Batman. I absolutely love that he was that into his role, and that it affects like that still to this day.

Damn, it WOULD be cool if they could somehow work him in...

Comment

I think they should let him cameo. It's weird he hasn't had one in any live action verse (that I can recall). He wasn't in Burton's, Schumacher's, Nolan's, and hasn't appeared on Gotham. Throw the old dude a bone before he dies.

Comment

Seriously - it's not much he's asking for and would make his entire life.

Comment

I thought a cool cameo for Adam West is a TV series or movie as the Gray Ghost like he was on Batman: The Animated Series.

Maybe even have a movie poster in the city with Adam West dressed as the Gray Ghost.

Comment

What abut a simple cameo like Stan Lee. He could be a local news anchor or something. Just enough of a cameo that we know he was in the movie. It doesn't have to be a big deal. Something he can film in a day.
                      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-28-2016, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                        I thought a cool cameo for Adam West is a TV series or movie as the Gray Ghost like he was on Batman: The Animated Series.

Maybe even have a movie poster in the city with Adam West dressed as the Gray Ghost.
                        I think something in the background with Adam West doing an interview about the 60's show he was in, and have the show be the Gray Ghost. Or have him be a guest at one of Bruce's parties. Anything really would work. Just get the man in there!

Comment

Is he too old to be the mayor?

Comment

In a Variety Interview Frank Miller Discusses Where He Would Take the ‘Batman’ Movie Franchise If He was in Charge

https://variety.com/2016/film/festiv...se-1201904240/

Comment

Joe Manganiello (who will play Slade Wilson, aka Deathstroke, in the film) recently gave aninterview in which he talked about the solo Batman film and here is what he stated:

When I met Ben we sat down and we talked about, you know, the role,” Manganiello said. “We talked about the movie. His take is a fresh take but I think the audience is going to be surprised. Because it’s a road that no one’s really gone down that’s completely integral to, you know, who Batman is. And I think it’s gonna be refreshing but at the same time completely familiar. But it’s going to take this franchise in a direction that I think A LOT of people are going to be really happy about. It’s going to be gritty and action packed and cerebral and all of those elements that people love about Batman.
                              The actor also had much praise for Ben Affleck:

Ben’s a great director, man,” added Manganiello. “I mean the last movie that man directed won best picture. He’s got an Oscar for writing. Like, this is all the components to go down as a… everything is lined up for a really really really great movie. Not only a superhero movie but just a great great movie
                              http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...fleck#/slide/1

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎