No announcement yet.

Will Ollie get a Girlfriend?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by canaryalive
    I hope Oliver gets some action in the intimate sphere too. Just a a fling or one night stand or something short like in season 1. But I doubt that. Some fans are too prudish and the writers are afraid they will label him as a man whore again or something.
    To be honest I've found The Trope Alpha Male a tad annoying. But I'll take Ollie having another one-night with someone over Olicity any time. #CarriverOTP <-------<<< since you new to the forum canaryalive and might be not familiar with the discussion where we made fun of various pairings I'll explain that I ship Carrie/Oliver as a joke, because it's the most ridiculous pairing I could have come up.

The truth is we are all humans and being attracted to other people and searching for intimacy is normal. So in order to spice things up with out stupid drama they can write something light and playful with a guest star.
    I really hope no more weddings and going back to exes.
    But if he hooks up with an old love again it has to be Sara, she was the best love interest and is funny and playful on Legends. In season two Oliver hooked with Sara after 5 years separation, so he can do it again. )))
    I don't ship Canarrow by any means, but I agree that when it comes to on screen chemistry Sara and Oliver worked the best.

Comment

CarriverOTP ----> CARRIVEROTP

CanarrowOTP ----> CANARROWOTP

#OLYSSA4EVA! #NYSSAQUEEN!

Oliver is a happily married man (he just doesn't realize the happily part yet... but he will ... all in good time. I just know it!)

LOL

BTW, I didn't like Sara on Arrow, but I've come to like her on LoT -- well, last time I saw her that is (still haven't finished S1 yet -- needed a break from Ray-Kendra shipping... or I guess really I was suffering from Berlantiverse shipping overdose, between LoT, Arrow & Caitlin-Zoom on Flash it was just all too much). Anyway, I'm not sure it's safe for Sara to ever come back to Arrow in the capacity as love interest for Ollie. First, do we really want her to get sucked down into that ugly, deep-dark-black foul-smelling cesspool of BS romantic melodrama that I'm pretty sure would be her fate if she becomes Oliver's OTP? And second, isn't it possible that as a serious threat to the good ship Olicity her life would (once again) be in jeopardy? C'mon, do we really want that for Sara?

Comment

THe ironic thing here with Sara is that her being the de facto leader of the legends for the time being gives her far more equal footing with Barry and Oliver in terms of the role she plays in her team's lives. So if she did end up getting together with Oliver again (assuming they ever even share a scene that isn't fighting again!), it'd be the same as I feel it was in Season 2: a relationship between equals.

Sara's actions in the second season of LoT are admittedly promiscuous, but I suspect that has less to do with her character and more to do with her sister's death. People either retreat into what they know best or go out and live life to its fullest. Sara and Oliver are a good measure of that, in that Sara is living life to the fullest while mourning her sister, and Oliver has gone back to the thing he knows best (killing bad guys when necessary).

As for why I feel this was a relationship between equals?

Oliver and Laurel: even before she started learning to be the BC and took up the mask, Laurel wasn't cast as an equal to Oliver except on very rare occasions, at least not in a post-S1 world. S1, she did seem to be, but that was when they were claiming that direction. Its why I think Black Siren is a better option when it comes to Oliver being with any Laurel. She won't put up with his BS.

Oliver and Nyssa: Forced arranged marriage, and frankly, Nyssa took so much pride in being the Heir to the Demon she didn't work for it and got her commeuppance every time she fought Oliver or, yes, even Malcolm. I do think they respect one another, but unless they decide to retcon their own aspects, I'd say Nyssa being bi like Sara is unlikely.

Oliver and Sara: Both were unafraid to call each other out on their BS. Sara could kick Oliver's butt if needed. Oh, and Sara has the whole natural flirty nature and is now quite sassy.

If Oliver doesn't end up with Black Siren, then a cross-show relationship would be cool. And for those who say it couldn't work.... Buffy and Angel (at least when they weren't fighting and trying to claw each other's eyes out).

Comment

THe ironic thing here with Sara is that her being the de facto leader of the legends for the time being gives her far more equal footing with Barry and Oliver in terms of the role she plays in her team's lives. So if she did end up getting together with Oliver again (assuming they ever even share a scene that isn't fighting again!), it'd be the same as I feel it was in Season 2: a relationship between equals.
          I think that means she wont be leaving LOT, as long as the show is still on air.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquahyde
            I think that means she wont be leaving LOT, as long as the show is still on air.
            Which is why I took special care to mention it being a 'cross show relationship' and citing Buffy & Angel.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz

Sara's actions in the second season of LoT are admittedly promiscuous, but I suspect that has less to do with her character and more to do with her sister's death. People either retreat into what they know best or go out and live life to its fullest. Sara and Oliver are a good measure of that, in that Sara is living life to the fullest while mourning her sister, and Oliver has gone back to the thing he knows best (killing bad guys when necessary).

Oliver and Laurel: even before she started learning to be the BC and took up the mask, Laurel wasn't cast as an equal to Oliver except on very rare occasions, at least not in a post-S1 world. S1, she did seem to be, but that was when they were claiming that direction. Its why I think Black Siren is a better option when it comes to Oliver being with any Laurel. She won't put up with his BS.

Oliver and Nyssa: Forced arranged marriage, and frankly, Nyssa took so much pride in being the Heir to the Demon she didn't work for it and got her commeuppance every time she fought Oliver or, yes, even Malcolm. I do think they respect one another, but unless they decide to retcon their own aspects, I'd say Nyssa being bi like Sara is unlikely.

Oliver and Sara: Both were unafraid to call each other out on their BS. Sara could kick Oliver's butt if needed. Oh, and Sara has the whole natural flirty nature and is now quite sassy.

If Oliver doesn't end up with Black Siren, then a cross-show relationship would be cool. And for those who say it couldn't work.... Buffy and Angel (at least when they weren't fighting and trying to claw each other's eyes out).
              Good post

I agree with your various of going through and how it would either be Oliver/Black Siren or Oliver/Sara that would work best.

Which seeing a cross-show relationship between Oliver and Sara would be cool.

Oh yea Nyssa for sure had a pride problem when it came to being Heir with never having worked for it and well it's probably why she kept losing fights.

Comment

I'm not being serious here, but I think the worst-case scenario for the shippers (well, maybe second-worst, with time travel or magic bringing Laurel back to life being probably their #1 nightmare) would be if Samantha and Ollie found a way to make amends. Aww, they look so cute together, they need the 'Growing Pains' theme song playing in the background or something.

Nothing fancy, maybe a city hall wedding. Nyssa can be matron of honour, assuming she and Ollie cleared up their legal issues with already being married. Quentin is deputy mayor, he can officiate.

Sara and Felicity can be bridesmaids. Cameras can follow them around in the weeks leading up to the weddings, and make an E! reality series out of it.

(This week on "Real Exes of Star City", S1x03)

Sara: I went for frappuccinos with Sammie yesterday. God, I love her in jeans. If Oliver should ever change his mind, I'd gladly take a spin in her Corvette. Vroom! Vroom!

Felicity: It's bad enough that I have to watch Oliver go down the aisle with his freaking baby mama, I get to listen to you drool over her too? Now I'm going to be a bridesmaid. At their wedding. How *bleeped* up is that?

Sara: Totally.*cell rings* Oh, hey Billy! Your team won the game? That's great! Okay, me and Felz will pick you up at the McDonald's, you know the one by the Galleria Mall. Be there in 10 minutes. Okay Felz, turn that frown upside down, we've gotta take William to his tux fitting later this afternoon too. He's going to be the ring bearer, you know.

Felicity: Yay -- I can't wait. And to think I was this close to being his step-mother!

Sara: Spilled milk, right? It's what's good for William. We're going to be his favourite aunties. 'Aunt Felz, can I buy that toy? Aunt Felz, can we go to Disneyland?'

Felicity: You're enjoying this too much. And since when did I allow you to call me Felz?

Sara: Since you let Neez (Nyssa) call you Felzie. You've been, like, hot yoga baes for weeks now.

Felicity: Yeah, well this wedding-that-should-never-happen is really pulling my chakras out of alignment. Like, seriously.

[Next on Real Exes of Star City ... it's a bridal shower from hell as Matron of Honour Nyssa gets into it with the future Mrs. Queen over religion and bridesmaid dresses ...]

Nyssa: Raised as an agnostic, my ass! No stepson of mine is going to grow up like that. He shall be trained in the ancient ways. Warrior's blood courses through his veins, his League forebears have brought kings to their knees. To their knees! You're not fit to be his parent, Sammie, let alone as guardian of the future Heir to the Demon!

Felicity: *speechless* I thought you guys were cool with Billy enrolling at that prep school uptown?

Sara: Neez, baby -- chill. Billy is Sammie's son. You and Oliver aren't married.

Nyssa: In the eyes of America perhaps, but not in the eyes of the League. According to my late father's traditions, we are bound in union unto death. By this custom, this makes William a prince in the eyes of the League. And my stepson.

Samantha: *upset* I need some alone time! (locks herself up in bathroom)

Sara: Now you did it Neez. You just had to mess things up with your dynastic, Old World sh%#. Great Scott, I told you to dial that stuff down. *sees table of sweets* Ooh, we got tiramisu cake. Yummy!

Felicity: Told you guys that bigamy sh!# was going to rear its ugly head someday ...

[Damn right you want the Blu-Ray Edition of that.]

Comment

A few teases about Katie's/Laurel's upcoming appearances:

I hope that there is some substance to these storylines/appearances, and not just cameos/a few bones that the TPTB will throw out with the hope of attracting the Laurel/BC fans who stopped watching after her season four death. I'm not going to watch 20 minutes of "Mommy and Daddy" Overwatch/Arrow and their vigilante wannabees just to catch a few minutes of Laurel/Katie, in whatever incarnation...

Comment

Originally posted by evaba
                    A few teases about Katie's/Laurel's upcoming appearances:

I hope that there is some substance to these storylines/appearances, and not just cameos/a few bones that the TPTB will throw out with the hope of attracting the Laurel/BC fans who stopped watching after her season four death. I'm not going to watch 20 minutes of "Mommy and Daddy" Overwatch/Arrow and their vigilante wannabees just to catch a few minutes of Laurel/Katie, in whatever incarnation...
                    Well, there is always Katie Cassidy Daily on YT. But seriously, I'm afraid that Laurel/Black Canary/Black Siren/whatever version they will come up won't be too big.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz

I totally agree with you!
                      Sara as a character was always equal to Oliver, equally bad ass, equally damaged, equally interesting and compelling.
                      That is why I like her character so much, because she does not posses the female stereotype tropes.
                      And she being a leader now is totally deserved, I really hope in the crossover to give her character the needed importance and not to focus only on the male characters like Flash and GA.
                      I hope she has a scene with Oliver different than just a fight because they are still friends and have a lot of past together. But probably they will give the scenes of Oliver and Barry sulking again how they failed as heroes. Good that Sara is strong enough to not doubt herself so much anymore, as Barry and Oliver continue to do.
                      No I don't want Oliver and Sara back together, I ship them, (and if the had kept them we could have had awesome GA/BC relationship), but don't want them really in relationship anymore, if that makes sense. I just want them to have a developed friendship and to cross over more into each others shows.

As for Nyssa, she is the other female character that I really like, and yes she has chemistry with Oliver, because she is bad ass and dark and compelling character, but people forget that she is GAY, and that is actually established, may be just not said. So it can never happen.

Oliver and Cupid will be really fun. She can drug him with some aphrodisiac, so he won't resist her

Comment

An odd twist would to bring in Chloe Sullivan and have her be part of Felicity's team and also have her date Oliver.

Comment

As for Nyssa, she is the other female character that I really like, and yes she has chemistry with Oliver, because she is bad ass and dark and compelling character, but people forget that she is GAY, and that is actually established, may be just not said. So it can never happen.

Nyssa being a lesbian has never been confirmed in-universe. Even if it had been it's not like it would be the first, second, or even tenth time something gets retconned so that the writers can wedge in whatever poorly constructed harebrained idea they have at the moment.

Now I am not saying that Olyssa would be a poor decision, I have shipped it since 3x04, it's just that I have so little faith in the writers that I dread the thought of them trying and failing at something I actually want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1994
                            Nyssa being a lesbian has never been confirmed in-universe. Even if it had been it's not like it would be the first, second, or even tenth time something gets retconned so that the writers can wedge in whatever poorly constructed harebrained idea they have at the moment.

Now I am not saying that Olyssa would be a poor decision, I have shipped it since 3x04, it's just that I have so little faith in the writers that I dread the thought of them trying and failing at something I actually want to see.
                            Is Nyssa a flat out lesbian or bisexual like Sara? In Arrow the only reference to her sexual orientation I recall is her relationship with Sara, there was some subtle indications with Laurel but nothing so definative that couldn't be laid out as meaning something else.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
                              Is Nyssa a flat out lesbian or bisexual like Sara? In Arrow the only reference to her sexual orientation I recall is her relationship with Sara, there was some subtle indications with Laurel but nothing so definative that couldn't be laid out as meaning something else.
                              Well we take for granted that if a person is shown to be interested only in the opposite sex is straight, not bi. So why not take for granted that a person shown interest only in the same sex is gay/lesbian. As I see it the only person Nyssa loved in her life was Sara. Not that we know much about her, but it seems her life didn't provided a lot of opportunities for romance.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎