No announcement yet.

Problems with Rose Tyler?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Rose Tyler?

Which, well I have. She's not one of my favorite characters and Rose just seems like self centered at times or something.

I never really bought the romance between The Doctor and Rose, I mean I know it's there but doesn't mean I have to like it.

Also, the major thing is I know Rose is not one of my favorites but well not sure why of being able to put it into great detail.

So what are some of the examples throughout Rose appearing on the show of why she's not quite as "perfect" as I've seen be claimed?

I liked Rose, so I can't help. I stopped watching before I came to the end of her run, partly because of the show itself, but also because I had no interest in watching her leave and then not be there.

But I was always a very casual Doctor Who fan, anyway. So I'm also a terrible gauge if you're looking for the opinions of true Whovians.

Comment

I thought she wasn't a terrible character, but at the same time I didn't like the romance neither. moreso when the writers tried to turn all future DW female companions into romantic interests for the doctor after the "success" they had with Rose.

Comment

I think I figured it out on why I'm scratching my head with Rose on why I seem to be lacking on finding the problems with her, besides the romance stuff. Outside of fandom stuff which I've only seen a bit of it's mostly because Rose was more of a main character then The Doctor was.

What do I mean? They had her save the day more then him or at least in the first season. Ok, more of like just 2 obvious ones I can count and I'll have to take a further look at the later ones, because it gets a little tricky.

But yea they more of at times main Rose the main character over The Doctor.

Now in the first season with the 9th Doctor, I can't even think of outside of 1 episode where it was somebody else and not The Doctor who saved the day.

Comment

The doctor rarely saves the day purely by himself, it's the way the show always is. It really is the only way to include the companion within the show properly after all as you have an 'ancient' being who comes from the most advanced race to ever exist with knowledge beyond anything that anyone else in the universe knows.

With that said, I can see why you wouldn't like her. For Rose it was somewhat forced upon her, especially given the way her character was written was never one that was extremely bright (at least in the first season). I wouldn't agree that she was the main character though, the only exception to that being the S1 finale. While Rose played major parts in most episodes, what she actually contributed to each episode was fairly minor.

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
          I thought she wasn't a terrible character, but at the same time I didn't like the romance neither. moreso when the writers tried to turn all future DW female companions into romantic interests for the doctor after the "success" they had with Rose.
          Thankfully S4 then S6 on wards seemed to pretty much disregarded that entirely

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎