No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Ghost?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Ghost?"

What did you think of the SHIELD season premiere?
    10 - Flaming Hot
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Needs like 44 minutes more Ghost Rider
    0%

I liked this episode, especially how much conflict Robbie had in those last moments; you can tell he fears the Rider more than anyone. I'm not a fan of what I'm calling the "Pandora's Box" subplot, though that moment with May and Coulson was puzzling. I think at some point, Robbie will end up fighting whatever escaped from that thing; it only makes sense in narrative terms.

I also liked Ada, and Fitz's decision to help...but keeping it from Jemma will cost him her trust. Speaking from experience, I know that women tend to remember a perceived betrayal much more than men, regardless of intent. Given Simmons' passion for science, and putting her own career on the line to save whatever's left of Coulson's original team...its all going to explode in a very bad way, when she finds out.

Comment

It was good in setting the foundation, but it felt like it was laying too much ground work and trying to do too many storylines. I gave it a 7/10. More in my video review.

Warning: I cuss.

Comment

That video embed thing is so cool JDBentz!

Comment

Heh, I'm making use of it... but what a horrible thumbnail! I look like I'm trying to pretend I'm a Siamese cat!

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
            I look like I'm trying to pretend I'm a Siamese cat!
            That... is so great. That's a happy way to start a day.

Anywho- I gave up on this show, but I tuned in to see the Rider, and I thought he looked cool. I'm really only interested in him at this point. I hope they do him justice.

Comment

After being quite disappointed with Season 3 of AoS, this was a big time recovery, IMO. A solid start to season 4.

The supernatural elements (which are a nice tie in with Dr. Strange's film coming soon), were interesting. There was focus on Daisy but not too much, Ghost Rider was compelling, and the storylines flowed pretty easy.

I'm not sure at the idea of what they are doing with Simmons but I'll let it play out.

It was weird seeing Phil be "Agent Coulson", though. After being Director, I thought there would be more made about his demotion.

Also, the Aida storyline is one I'm a bit unsure about (though it's nice to get LMDs into the Marvel U.).

Like I said, solid start.

BTW, did anyone else notice Jed Whedon (Joss's brother and co-showrunner with his wife Marissa) on the bus with Daisy and Yo-yo? In the long shots you can see him sitting near the back of the bus. I thought it was a cool little thing.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎