Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Lightning (CW) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any chance that this show won't go down the familiar route of that the other Berlanti/CW/DC shows have? I don't know much about Black Lightning, but I'd be willing to give the show a try if it's actually something different compared to Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and LoT.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      Is there any chance that this show won't go down the familiar route of that the other Berlanti/CW/DC shows have? I don't know much about Black Lightning, but I'd be willing to give the show a try if it's actually something different compared to Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and LoT.
      Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
        I'll give it a shot, but i don't know how long i'll stick with it if it's one of those crime noir shows.
        Last edited by protege; 05-18-2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Black Lightning will not be connected to the "Arrowverse" of Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, or DC's Legends of Tomorrow.

Comment

Trailer's out; looks good from what i can see; i like the costume. Just not sure how long i'll stick with it if it's going to be structly a crime noir type seties.

Comment

Comment

The neon color lighting streaks on the costume looks cheap; like something from the 90s

Comment

Yeah, I don't like the neon on the front. But the rest looks pretty good. Seems pretty no-nonsense.

Comment

I love the story premise and I'm all for it 100%. A retired hero being forced to come out of retirement, and then finding out that his children inherited his abilities? That's a set of problems and plot that hasn't been done on the other shows so far. And a real family of superheroes? Yes, please.

I know the Flash technically has a family of heroes, but in the flash's case it's a little bit different as seeing they're not exactly related to each other.

However I agree that the glowing bits seem a little silly. The arrow and the Flash's outfits seem far more practical and sensible in comparison...at least they'll be able to sneak around in the dark and you won't see them coming... unlike black lighting. lol.
                    It also makes me wonder if we'll see other black heroes cameo on the show too in later seasons. Vixen, Static Shock, Black Vulcan, etc. On one hand it could be really great... but then again it could face the same problems the Flash had, of there being way too many speedsters on the show.

Comment

Comment

Former Dexter star James Remar and Criminal Minds alum Damon Gupton have signed on as series regulars.

deadline.com/2017/07/black-lightning-casts-james-remar-damon-gupton-series-regulars-comic-con-1202133950/

Comment

Looks interesting, I love the DC shows so I'll watch, I wonder what Earth he will be on, Arrow/Flash Earth or Supergirls? I never read Black Lightning so I know little about the characters so this will be nice for me to go into this show without any preconceived notions on what to expect.
                          Last edited by lonewriter; 10-07-2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lonewriter
                              Looks interesting, I love the DC shows so I'll watch, I wonder what Earth he will be on, Arrow/Flash Earth or Supergirls? I never read Black Lightning so I know little about the characters so this will be nice for me to go into this show without any preconceived notions on what to expect.
                              Well, if it's trying to be different from them, it might be better off on a different Earth.

Given it's premiering next year, plus because the designation isn't claimed yet, maybe Earth Eighteen.

Comment

Just heard Black Lightning got the strongest premiere ratings for CW in the past two years according to Deadline. It held 100 percent of Flash's audience in the prized 18-34 and 18-49 demos!

Congrats to the cast and crew I'm glad it premiered that well.
                                Last edited by Austin 3:16; 01-17-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎