No announcement yet.

Season 5 Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quark
    I'm confused. Don't Stephen Amell and this guy hate each other or something? In which case why is this guy joining Arrow?
    Their "feud" is just for WWE. It's all for show to create drama. That's how professional wrestling operates.

Comment

Originally posted by 134sc
      Their "feud" is just for WWE. It's all for show to create drama. That's how professional wrestling operates.
      Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks.

Comment

Explains alot for me. Never did find the acting on/from WWE very convincing (Hogan, Andre, Rowdy, Ventura...)

Comment

Arrow Cast Talks Season 5's Return to Core Mission, Dig Meeting Supergirl and More — Plus: Why No 'Olicity' News?

Comment

*rubs temple* Um, okay. The amount of stuff that just seems glaringly WRONG for a GA adaptation is mind-boggling, much less a show that in its first couple of seasons embraced the edgier side of life.

1. Ramsey-Diggle the Olicity Shipper: You know, he seems like a good guy, same as Dig, but please, David Ramsey, SHUT the hell up about Olicity and shipping it! You're one of the big reasons it caught on, IMO. Remember Season 1 when you and your character weren't hyper-focused on romance?

2. SA being booed for suggesting Oliver-Felicity could just be friends: Not usually one to agree with the 'ornery old folks', but BLOODY HELL, what an entitled bunch of little prisses! What, you don't realize there's this thing called a man and a woman can be friends? The only way for a man and woman to be around one another is if they're screwing one another? Okay, then I guess while Oliver-Felicity were off in Ivy Town, Dig was having a threesome with Thea and Laurel!

3. Donna being Lance's new rock: Again, we see the lack of planning in the development of characters' that is intricately woven into the methodology (or lack thereof) of Marc and his team. They knew the Olicity fans would likely love Donna because they loved Felicity (meaning a character who is rather shallow and has no background, at best). As a result, they could have crafted her into a stronger-seeming character so that if they decided to go this route (her being someone's rock) it would make a heck of a lot more sense.

4. Quentin not being reinstated: Ah, so Lance's storyline for Season 5 IS going to end up just being Donna's boytoy? Farewell, Quentin Lance, he of the ever-sour commentary. We shall miss you.

The best part about the info we do have is the violence and mayhem promises, but whether we decide to TRUST that is a whole different bag of tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
              *rubs temple* Um, okay. The amount of stuff that just seems glaringly WRONG for a GA adaptation is mind-boggling, much less a show that in its first couple of seasons embraced the edgier side of life.

1. Ramsey-Diggle the Olicity Shipper: You know, he seems like a good guy, same as Dig, but please, David Ramsey, SHUT the hell up about Olicity and shipping it! You're one of the big reasons it caught on, IMO. Remember Season 1 when you and your character weren't hyper-focused on romance?

2. SA being booed for suggesting Oliver-Felicity could just be friends: Not usually one to agree with the 'ornery old folks', but BLOODY HELL, what an entitled bunch of little prisses! What, you don't realize there's this thing called a man and a woman can be friends? The only way for a man and woman to be around one another is if they're screwing one another? Okay, then I guess while Oliver-Felicity were off in Ivy Town, Dig was having a threesome with Thea and Laurel!

3. Donna being Lance's new rock: Again, we see the lack of planning in the development of characters' that is intricately woven into the methodology (or lack thereof) of Marc and his team. They knew the Olicity fans would likely love Donna because they loved Felicity (meaning a character who is rather shallow and has no background, at best). As a result, they could have crafted her into a stronger-seeming character so that if they decided to go this route (her being someone's rock) it would make a heck of a lot more sense.

4. Quentin not being reinstated: Ah, so Lance's storyline for Season 5 IS going to end up just being Donna's boytoy? Farewell, Quentin Lance, he of the ever-sour commentary. We shall miss you.

The best part about the info we do have is the violence and mayhem promises, but whether we decide to TRUST that is a whole different bag of tricks.
              Agreed on all of this. I just *sighs* yea....

1. Yes like you said David Ramsey please shut up with the Olicty non sense. That's why your character got turned into a pile of use garbage instead of what you where in season 1.

2. I agree with this. This just goes to their mental state of not understanding that a man and a woman can just be friends. Like Joker once said "It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic." (Mark Hamill of course)

3. agreed.

4. Like you said Good Bye Quentin Lance. You will be missed.

I'm one of the ones who doesn't trust this Arrow crew anymore. All this just is further proof this is no where near the first two seasons and may be never get back there.

Comment

Addendum: Regarding Amell's "sure" about The Flash's Flashpoint storyline affecting "Arrow", the actor has stated on his Facebook page, with a link to one of the articles quoting him on this, that he was being sarcastic about it. So unless this is him quickly covering his butt so Guggie and co. don't give him the Evil Eye and rename the show (officially), we probably won't see any affect for the show.

Oh, and I was only being half-facetious about them renaming the show officially. The way they act....

Comment

Addendum: Regarding Amell's "sure" about The Flash's Flashpoint storyline affecting "Arrow", the actor has stated on his Facebook page, with a link to one of the articles quoting him on this, that he was being sarcastic about it. So unless this is him quickly covering his butt so Guggie and co. don't give him the Evil Eye and rename the show (officially), we probably won't see any affect for the show.

Oh, and I was only being half-facetious about them renaming the show officially. The way they act....
                  Dude should just say it won't...quit dicking with fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Haggard01
                    Agreed on all of this. I just *sighs* yea....

1. Yes like you said David Ramsey please shut up with the Olicty non sense. That's why your character got turned into a pile of use garbage instead of what you where in season 1.

2. I agree with this. This just goes to their mental state of not understanding that a man and a woman can just be friends. Like Joker once said "It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic." (Mark Hamill of course)

3. agreed.

4. Like you said Good Bye Quentin Lance. You will be missed.

I'm one of the ones who doesn't trust this Arrow crew anymore. All this just is further proof this is no where near the first two seasons and may be never get back there.
                    There is no reason to think Arrow will get better with these writers or showrunner after season 4's bs. I'm hoping for poor season 5 ratings. Why can't berlanti come back or change things? I'm hoping SDCC that the arrow panel gets some venom.

Comment

Originally posted by Sure-Oz
                      There is no reason to think Arrow will get better with these writers or showrunner after season 4's bs. I'm hoping for poor season 5 ratings. Why can't berlanti come back or change things? I'm hoping SDCC that the arrow panel gets some venom.
                      You, me, Haggard, several others I know both in real life and here online.... And the only ones not saying it (especially on social media) are, shall we say, obvious in a certain aspect? By this, I mean dummy accounts. The amount of FB accounts alone with pictures of Emily as both the portrait and the background pic, along with some variation of her name or Felicity's, is staggering. I am personally betting that if there's anywhere that there will be a rude awakening for the Arrow cast and crew, it'll be at the SDCC. Assuming, of course, that they don't spend the majority of the panel talking about Felicity, Oliver and Felicity, Olicity, like they did last year. That was 20-40 minutes of my life I never got back watching it on YouTube...

Comment

We are getting more Donna?!?!?!??

I feel bad for Paul Blackthorne.

Comment

Okay, then I guess while Oliver-Felicity were off in Ivy Town, Dig was having a threesome with Thea and Laurel!
                          To quote Glen Quagmire: "Giggetty!"

I'd take that threesome with Laurel and Thea's actresses if Dig won't.

Comment

Been calling it from the moment Oliie became mayor: Quentin will work for Ollie in some capacity. Hence not being reinstated.

I for one hope Amell was in fact being sarcastic about Flashpoint. I hate it when shows rewrite their history to fix mistakes. You made your bed, now you gotta sleep in it. Just make a better show going forward.

Pretty sure Ramsey made those comments with tounge firmly planted in cheek.

Finally, if you read between the lines in regards to what Amell has been saying about season 5, I don't think Olicity will have a major presence. Seems like Amell really wants the show to move away from it and back to what made the show great. Hopefully, it's not just wishful thinking on my part.

Comment

As much as I am not-at-all-impressed w/ Arrow showrunners, I just cannot bring myself to believe they will limit the Quentin character’s storyline to a domestic-focused-one: being in a relationship w/ Donna Smoak! Please please please no! Please: no “paralleling” of storylines here, where the Quentin character is “saved” from his own personal darkness by the love and dim 10-wattage bulb light of a “good” shallow woman.

If there is any justice on this show, then the character who most deserves to be plagued and cursed by being in a relationship w/ Donna, is Malcolm. Has not Quentin already been punished enough with the three [or is it 4 now? I’ve lost count…] deaths of his 2 daughters??? And there is no need for Ollie or Thea to take on the burden of delivering a deathblow to Malcolm, when he can be punished for all eternity by being in a totally forced non-organic relationship with Donna. That would give me a sadistic sense of satisfaction actually. (Sorry to say, as I am actually fond of Malcolm in a twisted way, but nevertheless …) Well, of course this will never happen, but one can always fantasize… or perhaps I should say: one can always tweet Guggles

Also I agree that given Quentin’s law enforcement background, he still has something to contribute to a show where the hero’s goal is to save Star City from the criminal element. And surely the showrunners will see this? If Quentin is not going to be reinstated then I see two possibilities: 1. District Attorneys offices often have their own investigative units, so if that office were willing to overlook the circumstances of why he lost his police job and give him a second chance so to speak, then he could have a function there and this could give him a reason for interacting w/ new DA, or 2. Agree he could work for mayor Ollie, perhaps in some kind of mayor’s appointed crime-task-force capacity, or maybe involved w/ mayor’s security detail (unless that’s something that he can only do as police dept employee…).

Comment

They'll probably find something for Quentin to do. Whether it's working for Team Arrow regularly or with Oliver as mayor. The problem however remains. The character serves no actual purpose anymore. His best known attributes were being Laurel's father and being a cop. Both of those storylines are over now and we have a character who's basically Donna's boytoy and a new jack of all trades in Malcolm's place (Barrowman probably won't be around much next season).

The way they have treated the Lance family on this show is beyond farcical.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎