No announcement yet.

Season 5 Spoiler Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quark
    Oh I think Anatoly is a given seeing how he integral he is involved in the flashbacks. Would be a bit of a letdown (for me anyways) as I would have thought the character referred too would have been a more "shock" character return. Plus, besides forum members, would people even recognise Anatoly?
    Well, that's kinda the point, Quark. Every 'big surprise twist' they talk about coming up, is discussed at length as the likely possibility in forums like this one months before it happens. When they talk about something that 'will shock viewers', they're not talking about Forumites. They're talking about the casual viewer.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
      Well, that's kinda the point, Quark. Every 'big surprise twist' they talk about coming up, is discussed at length as the likely possibility in forums like this one months before it happens. When they talk about something that 'will shock viewers', they're not talking about Forumites. They're talking about the casual viewer.
      I don't think you understand what I'm saying. The casual viewers aren't going to remember Anatoly. So if the return refers to Anatoly, it will be meaningless to the casual viewer. As far as they are concerned, he is a new character.

It would be even more meaningless to us.

Comment

I was hoping the returning character would be Island Wig. I kinda missed it this past season. In a perverse way of course.

I always wished they would bring back China White. She was always up for a good fight, and never one to leave her wig behind either.
        Last edited by Shelby Kent; 07-10-2016, 03:09 PM.

Comment

^There are two safe bets. One is the likely return of Anatoly, the other is the return of Ollie's bad hair. If they want it to align with his S1 island look, one day in the flashbacks he'll just decide not to cut/wash/comb/brush it. Merely unkempt won't do. -- nah, by the S5 flashback finale I want that thing to be a chaotic, matted force of nature.

China White is probably overdue an appearance too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
            I was hoping the returning character would be Island Wig. I kinda missed it this past season. In a perverse way of course.

I always wished they would bring back China White. She was always up for a good fight, and never afraid to leave her wig behind either.
            Sadly Island Wig met a tragic demise at the hands of the follicle deprived, earth 2 super villain, Barbersol. Hopefully the Earth 3 hero Surfer Wig will appear in season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
              Merely unkempt won't do. -- nah, by the S5 flashback finale I want that thing to be a chaotic, matted force of nature.
              Agree. Island Wig had been showing real growth until its arc was so rudely cut short in S4. At one point I was even beginning to see what I thought was similarity in shared follicle structure with its distant relative, Cousin It. So I'm hoping the renewed focus on Oliver and his story will also mean a parallel refocusing on the continuation of Island Wig's storyline. Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
              Sadly Island Wig met a tragic demise at the hands of the follicle deprived, earth 2 super villain, Barbersol. Hopefully the Earth 3 hero Surfer Wig will appear in season 5.
              LOL. Yes, darn it! Figures Island Wig's E-2 doppleganger WOULD be evil! But thank goodness for that 4-way crossover which might open the portals to E-3, thereby giving us Surfer Wig as a consolation prize, much as viewers hope for more Black Siren, given the loss of BC.

Comment

Originally posted by 134sc
                Quick aside, I am currently rewatching season 9 of Smallville. Its so good. Just because of recency, I started comparing it to this past ARROW season and man it's not even close. Made me miss the quality ARROW used to have in seasons 1&2. I'm 8 episodes in and I had forgotten just how much there is focus on Lois and Clark as a couple, but it doesn't matter, because it's done so well. No angst, no drama, just a smart and mature courtship between adults. The ARROW writers should take notes.
                Don't forget, Smallville had already used a LOT of drama during Clark's highschool years. 75% of each episode during the first four seasons were committed to Clark fretting how to hook up with Lana while not hurting Chloe's feelings and how to hide his alien biology from everyone. Only about 5-7 mins tops of each episode was committed to the monster of the week and and even lesser3-4 mins were probably committed to developing any sort of DC comics lore on a weekly basis (hence why it even took four damned seasons for Clark to discover the Fortress of Solitude and a big chunk of that was devoted to Lana's ancestor who turned out to be a witch).

Don't forget the rest of the THEN core cast of characters (Lana, Chloe, Pete, Lex) didn't even know clark was an alien until later seasons (each one finding out was part of a season or mid season finisher if memory serves).

Comment

They should have Curtis Run the Arrow cave and have felicity be one of the teams members in the field. They could give felicity super human hearing or even have vibe like Cisco.
                  Last edited by acer15; 07-10-2016, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by acer15
                    They should have Curtis Run the Arrow cave and have felicity be one of the teams members in the field. They could give felicity super human hearing or even have vibe like Cisco.
                    They should start the season with Felicity's funeral scene and have the season lead up to how she died with Olive saying "I can't believe she's really dead" and the camera zooming around her corpse and then zoom out to show the rest of the funeral gathering.

Pipedream? Probably.

Ah well. Still 3 other DC tv related shows to watch and like (Still wish scifi or someone would resurrect Constantine, but I digress)

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                      They should start the season with Felicity's funeral scene and have the season lead up to how she died with Olive saying "I can't believe she's really dead" and the camera zooming around her corpse and then zoom out to show the rest of the funeral gathering.

Pipedream? Probably.

Ah well. Still 3 other DC tv related shows to watch and like (Still wish scifi or someone would resurrect Constantine, but I digress)
                      I would make a tumblr & twitter account just so I could see the hatred at that.

I'm still living in my delusional land that Constantine will end up on Netflix through some dark magic.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                        *gasps* And lose the teen girl demographic that supports Olicity in their tweeting campaigns?

Okay, joking aside, I agree that they should take notes. In fact, my time watching Smallville is one of the reasons I'm so rough when it comes to the Olicity relationship. In terms of 'Smallville style' relationships, it is much closer to Clana than to Clois in terms of maturity in the relationship. And despite the apparent focus on the above demographic I mentioned, Arrow is actually aimed at the same one as Smallville: men 18-49. I think Guggenheim and Mericle forgot that.
                        Yeah. Of course, Clana involved two teenagers (they were HS freshmen in S1 and Clark gave his age as 18, in the S5 episode "Aqua". So, I'd estimate that they were 21, when the relationship finally ended in S8), hence the lack of maturity. Meanwhile, Felicity and Oliver are two adults in their late 20's/early 30's. What's their excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                          Yeah. Of course, Clana involved two teenagers (they were HS freshmen in S1 and Clark gave his age as 18, in the S5 episode "Aqua". So, I'd estimate that they were 21, when the relationship finally ended in S8), hence the lack of maturity. Meanwhile, Felicity and Oliver are two adults in their late 20's/early 30's. What's their excuse?
                          Oliver's would be his experiences on the Island. Trauma tends to affect people, especially those who haven't bothered to mature, one of two ways. They either mature very quickly, or they become even more childish in their antics. While Oliver's actions as the Hood/the Arrow reflected a sort of maturity, his actions as Oliver Queen reveal a continued childish nature.

As for Felicity? She hasn't really had good examples of healthy relationships in her life, as evidenced by Donna. Donna and Quentin's relationship has all the hallmarks of a midlife crisis relationship (even though we know the writers won't utilize it).

However, neither of these excuses can really stand up to harder scrutiny because of the fact that prior to their relationship, the two did in fact have other long-standing, mature relationships (Oliver had Helena, McKenna, and Sara while Felicity had Cooper, Ray, and possibly others that we never met) where this type of nonsense didn't occur. Hence why, when we people argue about it, I say that it has become just as 'toxic' as people claim the Laurel-Oliver relationship was.

My reference to the Clana-Clois relationships was in regards to the fact that we just finished year 4, so IMO Arrow has finished its 'high school phase'. Any further Olicity nonsense that detracts from the two characters involved will be nothing more than the writers and showrunners proving even further they are hacks who have forgotten their actual demographic in an effort to gain some kind of twisted pleasure from the squealing of fangirls....

Comment

I don't like the flash backs

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
                              I don't think you understand what I'm saying. The casual viewers aren't going to remember Anatoly. So if the return refers to Anatoly, it will be meaningless to the casual viewer. As far as they are concerned, he is a new character.

It would be even more meaningless to us.
                              That is a shame because his actor is awesome.

He was Radek Zelenka in Stargate Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                                I would make a tumblr & twitter account just so I could see the hatred at that.

I'm still living in my delusional land that Constantine will end up on Netflix through some dark magic.

Yeah, Netflix is a bit of a reach for Constantine at this point. A Dr. Fate show? Possibly. If only because he could represent an even darker tone than what Constantine even offers that Netflix seems to thrive off of.

But first there has to be an interest in Dr. Fate as a character to begin with, and if he's part of any of the DC movie universe they want to create, he may become off limits to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎