No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Race of His Life?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
    If I'm Barry, I know Eobard was originally from a future in which I was the Flash, married to Iris, my Mom wasn't murdered, and so my Dad didn't get thrown in jail for said murder.

What took me so long to make this decision?
    I should have specified, I meant for his mom. I could see her being unhinged from that event the rest of her life.

But for Barry, yes, no reason not too b/c like I said, the world could either go to **** or it could be an even better place.

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
      I should have specified, I meant for his mom. I could see her being unhinged from that event the rest of her life.
      I could see her being okay. Certainly weirded out, but we're in a day and age now where there's been enough science fiction that it wouldn't be a totally foreign concept. I mean, if I met a future version of myself, I'd be shocked, but I've seen enough Star Trek where I'd be able to process it at least.

Comment

It's also not the same kind of situation as the finale from last season, so I don't see how it's going to cause a paradox.
        Wasn't referring to last year's finale, but the episode earlier this season where a younger Thawne travelled back in time. Barry caught him, but the fact that he hadn't returned to his original time almost caused Cisco to die. Maybe something similar will happen to Nora here. Depends on what side of the bed the writers wake up on and how "time works" on that day.

Comment

This is what's going to happen:

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
            Wasn't referring to last year's finale, but the episode earlier this season where a younger Thawne travelled back in time. Barry caught him, but the fact that he hadn't returned to his original time almost caused Cisco to die. Maybe something similar will happen to Nora here. Depends on what side of the bed the writers wake up on and how "time works" on that day.
            You mentioned a paradox. The paradox anomaly was in the finale.

I prefer to look at this situation on its own . I see no paradox about Barry stopping Thawne. The other older Barry vanished and as the time traveller dominant, current Barry is protected from the changes. For the moment, it seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
              This is what's going to happen:

Except that the entire Flash show takes place in the weird Biffworld.

Comment

You mentioned a paradox. The paradox anomaly was in the finale.

I prefer to look at this situation on its own . I see no paradox about Barry stopping Thawne. The other older Barry vanished and as the time traveller dominant, current Barry is protected from the changes. For the moment, it seems to work.
                Just going by what Thawne said when they caught him in The Return of the Reverse Flash: That they caused a time paradox by keeping him trapped in that timeline. Given that the show creates its own set of time travel rules, it wouldn't surprise me if they came up with some kind of a paradox here as well. Whether it has to do with Nora surviving or with Barry doing something to Thawne.
                Last edited by costas22; 05-27-2016, 03:46 PM.

Comment

I don't think a paradox is necessary. The bleep up is more likely to be that the future is all messed up. No additional drama needed really.

Comment

I'm not saying it's impossible, but there's a difference between opening a portal to another Earth versus time-traveling. It happens in different ways. So, I think it would be tough for Barry to mistake one for the other.
                    I get what you're saying, but my thinking was that while Barry heads back in time to E1, the Speed Force opens a breach which places him on a different Earth. The idea itself is not unheard of (Sliders for instance), so I think while unlikely, it is plausible and would work well towards advancing the series.

Comment

We can't assume Barry has no plan for RF. That has to play out. It's difficult to hold that against the show before seeing what happens.

It's also not the same kind of situation as the finale from last season, so I don't see how it's going to cause a paradox.
                      I think it's possible, but not likely the show will do the Trial of the Flash storyline. In this story the Flash kills the 'reverse flash to prevent RF from killing his wife. Perhaps the police will arrive at the Allen home only to find a powerless Barry standing over the dead body of Eobard Thawne, with no way to explain what happened. After all, they did tease Barry in a prison cell in season one.

Comment

The Speed Force episode and Barry's supposed lesson didn't ring true for me, so I'm glad they're going this route. I agree with others that this can't just be reset in a single episode.

The time remnant thing is getting out of hand. Flash can just waltz back a few minutes so that there are two of him? Do they time travel back to the present, or does the original Flash just relive a few minutes of his day? I understood Thawne being a time remnant, but I've never quite come to terms with Zoom's situation.

In the comics, the problem with Barry saving his mother was that Thawne had somehow fixed things so that Nora's death was now the "correct" event; thus, altering it shattered the timeline. I wonder what they're going with here.

Comment

Now that I've had a week to mull it over, I actually don't like the ending they gave it.

The Flashpoint Paradox is probably my all-time favorite DC story arcs, but what makes Flashpoint such a great story is the plot twist at the end when we find out that the true villain of the story is not The Reverse Flash, but Flash himself.

Now that the CW ended their Season 2 finale with Barry saving his mother, there's no plot twist. We know Barry saved his mother, and so we spend our time speculating what that will do to the timeline, whether we know the Flashpoint storyline or not. The CW has ruined the Flashpoint Paradox.

Now that I know they're doing Flashpoint, I would actually be happier of CW ended their finale with Barry running through the wormhole, leaving us to wonder where or when he went. It's anti-climatic, I know but it wouldn't ruin the Flashpoint Storyline as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Clada Max-El
                            Now that I've had a week to mull it over, I actually don't like the ending they gave it.

The Flashpoint Paradox is probably my all-time favorite DC story arcs, but what makes Flashpoint such a great story is the plot twist at the end when we find out that the true villain of the story is not The Reverse Flash, but Flash himself.

Now that the CW ended their Season 2 finale with Barry saving his mother, there's no plot twist. We know Barry saved his mother, and so we spend our time speculating what that will do to the timeline, whether we know the Flashpoint storyline or not. The CW has ruined the Flashpoint Paradox.

Now that I know they're doing Flashpoint, I would actually be happier of CW ended their finale with Barry running through the wormhole, leaving us to wonder where or when he went. It's anti-climatic, I know but it wouldn't ruin the Flashpoint Storyline as much.
                            Resetting the timeline basically wastes several interesting plot directions laid out in the previous seasons, such as Wally and Jesse getting powers. Let's just hope it is a one or two-episode event , i.e Barry goes back to the future, sees the mess he has created and decides to undo his actions at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbruno
                              Resetting the timeline basically wastes several interesting plot directions laid out in the previous seasons, such as Wally and Jesse getting powers. Let's just hope it is a one or two-episode event , i.e Barry goes back to the future, sees the mess he has created and decides to undo his actions at the end.
                              Obviously Barry will right his wrongs, possibly during the holiday episode or sooner. I really don't see the Flashpoint Paradox being a one episode event, but I don't see it as a full season event either. Since we've been promised a four-way crossover, the apocalyptic ending of the Flashpoint Paradox story-arc seems to be the perfect place to put a crossover of that scale, and I really don't want them to start the season with the crossover. That could potentially feel too forced.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎