No announcement yet.

Cancelled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelled

So it got canned. I liked this show better than SHIELD.

It is what it is...truth be told IMO this season was a bit boring.

Comment

Hayley had another show lined up from the looks at it so, they probably knew a while back.

Comment

Bummer. Not surprising, though. They made a poor decision ending this season with a cliffhanger.

Comment

Knew this was coming, but I still prefer it to most of the other TV comic adaptations. I'll have to check out her new show.

Comment

That sucks, I liked watching this show.

Comment

As much as season 2 bored me (compared to season 1, which was fantastic), I was surprised to see the ratings decline like they did. The network had few options, really. Pity, because season 2 actually ended with an intriguing cliffhanger about Peggy and her brother.

Comment

Comment

While it's annoying and a bit of a shame that it got cancelled I'm not surprised at all.

This entire season didn't feel like it was in S1 and I think it suffered from them trying to branch out to heavily into the mystical/unexplained rather then having it as a much slower progression. Also not having any major reference to Capt. America like they did in S1 probably didn't help much either.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                    While it's annoying and a bit of a shame that it got cancelled I'm not surprised at all.

This entire season didn't feel like it was in S1 and I think it suffered from them trying to branch out to heavily into the mystical/unexplained rather then having it as a much slower progression. Also not having any major reference to Capt. America like they did in S1 probably didn't help much either.
                    Eh. If the show was to succeed, it ultimately needed to do so based on its own merits, and not by riding as close to Captain America's coattails as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                      TPTB said they were trying to tie it into Doctor Strange a bit (with the other dimensional stuff and the Dark Matter), so maybe that's why it had more a mystical bent?

I was a bit bothered that we didn't get any Steve references this past season but (again) TPTB said they felt that that chapter of Peggy's life was closed and she was "moving on". I can kind of get why they didn't want to keep harping on it but at the same time, to me, it didn't make sense not to at least bring it up once in a while.

I am very sorry to see this show go (though there is a petition to get another network to pick it up. Fans are pushing for Netflix, as they already have several Marvel shows in their stable.). I will especially miss James D'arcy as Jarvis. Best thing about this show (aside from Hayley).

Comment

Jarvis clicking his heels at the opportunity to drive Peggy to the airport will live on in my memory forever.

Comment

That actor was creepy as hell in Broadchurch.

Comment

The actor playing Stark is now staring in the new show Preacher, and Peggy as already mentioned also has a new show, so the chances of this show coming back is zero.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                              The actor playing Stark is now staring in the new show Preacher, and Peggy as already mentioned also has a new show, so the chances of this show coming back is zero.
                              I don't know about Dominic (the guy who plays Howard Stark) but Hayley had said (back when there was still a chance of ABC renewing AC) that she would be willing to do both shows. Film AC while on break from her other show, that is. She threw her weight behind the online petition to get AC picked up at another network so she must still be willing to do double duty.

Also, TPTB at her new show-I seem to recall--said they would work around her schedule if she did come back for Agent Carter.

So it would still be workable, just highly unlikely.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎