0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - River of Poo
    0%

Besides the last 5-10 minutes, this episode was infuriatingly bad, imo. It's like LoT took one step forward last week and two steps backwards this week.

- Rip has been at odds with the Time Masters this entire season. They refused to help him save his family and the reasons were clear. They don't want the timeline affected. What made him think bringing them Savage would change anything? You could see the double cross coming. They should have killed Savage after Carter got his mind back. But just like last week, they refuse to on a technicality. The more this team fails, the worse it looks.

- Ray and Kendra, of course, don't work out. What a shocker. Then why did they waste so much time on this in the last 7-8 episodes? Oh that's right, Marc loves his melodrama. The worst part is that this relationship didn't end in a whimper. Even in its swansong, it ruined most of this episode and it made Ray look like a complete moron. Honestly, I'm done with him after this. Kendra too. Carter, I couldn't care less about either. Which is a shame, because I was a fan of the Hawkman character and what Michael Shanks did with him on Smallville.

- Savage and Ray sharing a "burnt Kendra lovers society" moment was priceless. I bet President Luthor enjoyed it as well. Savage played Ray beautifully though.

- How did Carter get his memory back anyway? Just like that?

- The Martin/Jax stuff was good I thought. Showed how far their relationship has come.

- Nice to see Snart and Rory thick as thieves again. Mick, had my favorite line in this episode: "If we live though this you bumbling idiot, I might just kill you".

- Watched the promo for next week. Apparently [SPOILER]Sara and Snart share a kiss. Guggenheim's shipper pandering rearing its ugly head again. If only I campaigned about a Sara/Nyssa relationship! Ol' Marc might have obliged.[/SPOILER]

- The flashbacks were a good touch. Felicity, dear I say, was actually likeable!

God I hope the last 2 episodes are a step up from this.
    Last edited by costas22; 05-06-2016, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I liked the progression for Sara and Rip, disliked the focus on the romantic quadrupelet it is now with Ray/Kendra/Savage/Carter, and was only shocked that they revealed the corruption of the Time Masters this early in the game. I would've saved that for a whole season its own, taking down the Time Masters. 6/10

Comment

It's pretty bad when I end up doing other things while watching the ep, because most of it is so dull that I can't even give it my full attention.

The plot was pretty slow and predictable, so I saw a lot of things coming. The flash backs were the only decent part of the ep, because at least it gave us some character development amid all this angst and drama.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          Besides the last 5-10 minutes, this episode was infuriatingly bad, imo. It's like LoT took one step forward last week and two steps backwards this week.

- Rip has been at odds with the Time Masters this entire season. They refused to help him save his family and the reasons were clear. They don't want the timeline affected. What made him think bringing them Savage would change anything? You could see the double cross coming. They should have killed Savage after Carter got his mind back. But just like last week, they refuse to on a technicality. The more this team fails, the worse it looks.

- Ray and Kendra, of course, don't work out. What a shocker. Then why did they waste so much time on this in the last 7-8 episodes? Oh that's right, Marc loves his melodrama. The worst part is that this relationship didn't end in a whimper. Even in its swansong, it ruined most of this episode and it made Ray look like a complete moron. Honestly, I'm done with him after this. Kendra too. Carter, I couldn't care less about either. Which is a shame, because I was a fan of the Hawkman character and what Michael Shanks did with him on Smallville.

- Savage and Ray sharing a "burnt Kendra lovers society" moment was priceless. I bet President Luthor enjoyed it as well. Savage played Ray beautifully though.

- How did Carter get his memory back anyway? Just like that?

- The Martin/Jax stuff was good I thought. Showed how far their relationship has come.

- Nice to see Snart and Rory thick as thieves again. Mick, had my favorite line in this episode: "If we live though this you bumbling idiot, I might just kill you".

- Watched the promo for next week. Apparently [SPOILER]Sara and Snart share a kiss. Guggenheim's shipper pandering rearing its ugly head again. If only I campaigned about a Sara/Nyssa relationship! Ol' Marc might have obliged.[/SPOILER]

- The flashbacks were a good touch. Felicity, dear I say, was actually likeable!

God I hope the last 2 episodes are a step up from this.
          Talk about foreshadowing -- Ray and Savage are simply dudes who cannot catch a break. And their scenes together essentially were all about that. My headcanon has now become actual canon, after Savage's "I loved her too" sob story. Too hilarious! Carter is their enemy, because he's ... an enemy of Love. Destiny is the worst brand of jealous boyfriend.

Ra's may have been weakened as a villain over on Arrow, but after this ep. Ra's reclaims his ranking ahead of Savage in the baddie coolness department. Savage is a destroyer of empires ... but it was all out of a broken heart. Ugh. Now LoT's got its own love rectangle once you include Savage. (It's practically SG-level of shipping.) At this point, shipping needs its own suite aboard the Waverider: it's basically the "fifth Beatle" in their crew.

Ray's romance-related behaviour was all sorts of stupid. This is what happens when you saddle otherwise decent characters with the "melodrama" subplot -- they do hare-brained things like this. At least Mick called him out on his stupidity.

Carter waking up after being a Savage puppet for so long made little sense. One timely headache and he snaps out of it?

I did like all the flashbacks it added some depth to their characters. Never expected Nyssa, so it was a bonus.

I would be fine with Sara being a co-rogue along with Snart and Mick, but I have little interest in any of them being romantically linked. Snart/Cassandra on the other hand ...

I agree that the ep was full of pluses that also had a lot of minuses, so they cancelled each other out. At this point, I'm surprised there isn't a mutiny already in progress -- Snart and Mick can already see the writing on the wall and I can't blame them. Of course Rip has always prioritized his own agenda, and now it's come back to bite them all.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
            Talk about foreshadowing -- Ray and Savage are simply dudes who cannot catch a break. And their scenes together essentially were all about that. My headcanon has now become actual canon, after Savage's "I loved her too" sob story. Too hilarious! Carter is their enemy, because he's ... an enemy of Love. Destiny is the worst brand of jealous boyfriend.
            The whole thing is so sad it's actually hilarious! Savage really has his own wing in the "Can't catch a Break" Hall of Shame. Pining after the same woman for 4000 years? Even Clark let go of Lana sooner.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
            Ray's romance-related behaviour was all sorts of stupid. This is what happens when you saddle otherwise decent characters with the "melodrama" subplot -- they do hare-brained things like this. At least Mick called him out on his stupidity.
            So true. And you could just tell he would do something stupid as soon a Savage began goading him. All the good work they did with Ray last week gone out the window.

Comment

I've been waiting for Ray to redeem himself since his stupidity in the nuclear facility back in Russia. I swear that man makes it look like you can either be a decent human being or intelligent but not both. He seems like one of the more noble members of the group (in a show-boaty kind of way) but he is never shrewd or cunning. Sometimes he uses his suit to good effect and through the magic of story telling he can be a brilliant scientist who helps solve complex problems, but it doesn't change the fact that every time he encounters a situation that us normal people can read all the variables in he acts like an idiot.
              Also I love how we just glaze over Jax going from being a car mechanic to being able to help with Ray's suit and this week being able to help repair a time drive. Does everyone on TV have to be a genius, learning stuff that would be completely beyond a normal person in... Well with time the way it is who can say but it doesn't seem like more than a few months for them.

Comment

Originally posted by zibroweed
                I've been waiting for Ray to redeem himself since his stupidity in the nuclear facility back in Russia. I swear that man makes it look like you can either be a decent human being or intelligent but not both. He seems like one of the more noble members of the group (in a show-boaty kind of way) but he is never shrewd or cunning. Sometimes he uses his suit to good effect and through the magic of story telling he can be a brilliant scientist who helps solve complex problems, but it doesn't change the fact that every time he encounters a situation that us normal people can read all the variables in he acts like an idiot.
                Also I love how we just glaze over Jax going from being a car mechanic to being able to help with Ray's suit and this week being able to help repair a time drive. Does everyone on TV have to be a genius, learning stuff that would be completely beyond a normal person in... Well with time the way it is who can say but it doesn't seem like more than a few months for them.
                Nope, not everyone on TV... Just those on the Berlanti shows... UNLESS they're a part of the beloved OTA, in which case Oliver and Diggle can't be allowed to be seen as smart as it would detract from the greatness that is Felicity Smoak...

Comment

Originally posted by zibroweed
                  The show hasn't addressed the genius levels of Jax and company, but I personally think that when Rip took genetic samples and scans of the crew he also implanted the knowledge needed to be a crew member in their subconscious without telling them. A sneaky Time Master move like that would be right in character for Rip, and would explain the silliness of Sara being able to pilot the Waverider.

Comment

Since we really don't know all that much about the newer members like Jax -- he basically got a brief one-ep 'origin' ep. on Flash and was soon conscripted to the LoT roster -- we can only assume that his car mechanic skills are ... umm ... transferable? A bit of a leap of faith, but I could buy into his having the aptitude in repairs more than Sara being able to fly/pilot the Waverider.

I could see the League training her to ride horses, steer a chariot, navigate a sailing ship etc. Flying a Time Master ship -- yeah, not a skillset for an LoA assassin. I basically have to suspend disbelief when any of the crew from 2016 repair/fix/pilot the Waverider. I won't find a logical explanation -- because there won't be one.

(Not all that much different when I suspend disbelief about Felicity somehow running a corporation, or Ollie surviving a brutal duel with Ra's Al Ghul thanks to penicillin tea.)

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎