No announcement yet.

Superman/Lois Casting thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman/Lois Casting thread

Who knows if they ever will show up but it's fun to speculate so who would you like to see portray Lois and Clark on the small screen?
    Note: This thread is for casting speculation and discussion, NOT whether or not they will appear/embargo discussions.

For Lois:What about Constance Zimmer as Lois? She's 10 years older than Jenna Dewan-Tatum which is in the right age bracket for Lois and she's a phenomal actress who could nail the portrayal. (She also somewhat resembles Dewan-Tatum, or at least as close as you can get for completely unrelated Hollywood actresses... They might not be Mia Mastro/Jennifer Garner/Lena Olin but they are better than Katie Cassidy/Caitie Lotz)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	640_unreal_constance_zimmer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	6628855
    For Superman:
    Admittedly part of this is I want to see a gay actor be Superman on screen, but I'd love to see Matt Bomer as Kal. He's a great actor and he has the Superman voice down thanks to the All-Star Superman DTV.

Matt Bomer would be wonderful... though, I don't know that they will allow them to show Lois Lane or Superman on the series. I kind of feel they might have to sometime.... if they did, he'd definitely be a great choice.

Comment

If they ever have Lois Lane show up on the screen, then I would love for Erica Durance and Teri Hatcher to show up too.

Maybe Teri Hatcher could be the mother of both Lois and Lucy Lane? I think her name was Ella Lane...

That leaves Erica Durance... but maybe she could be a one-off Supergirl villian?

As for Lois Lane herself... Rachel McAdams or Rashida Jones? That is, if they're willing to guest star on a TV show like Supergirl.

Comment

Would like to see Durance & Welling show-up, as a one-off parallel universe appearance much like the Flash did this season. Didn't one of the Smallville Season 11 online books have Lois & Clark/Superman jumping universes in one of their story lines?

Comment

I would like to see Tom Welling portray Clark/Superman but not Durance as Lois Lane. I would love Kristin Kreuk to be cast as Lois Lane in this iteration of the DC Universe. Two things frustrated me after watching Smallville for ten season, first the shift from leading lady in the last two seasons to Durance after pinning for years for Welling/Kreuk to end up together and second that I never really got to see Welling as Superman. Both things would be satisfied with this casting.

Last edited by Simon-EL; 06-01-2016, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I don't think that would be too popular with the viewers... A lot of people disliked Lana Lang on Smallville because she overstayed her welcome far as fans of Smallville was concerned, especially as seeing the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her and threw her into increasingly convoluted storylines.

While it's not Kristen's fault, I think too many people would be constantly reminded of how much they disliked Lana Lang for those reasons if she ever played Lois Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
              I don't think that would be too popular with the viewers... A lot of people disliked Lana Lang on Smallville because she overstayed her welcome far as fans of Smallville was concerned, especially as seeing the writers didn't seem to know what to do with her and threw her into increasingly convoluted storylines.

While it's not Kristen's fault, I think too many people would be constantly reminded of how much they disliked Lana Lang for those reasons if she ever played Lois Lane.
              Totally disagree. I think that's a reality exclusive of Kryptonsite boards where the Lana bashing was the norm of the day back when Smallville was still on TV. I think much of the animosity towards Lana was not that she overstayed her welcome but overzealous Superman fanboys that didn't wanted their mythology altered with another strong love interest. But the reality was that Lois Lane should have never been part of a Smallville series, Kristin Kreuk was the leading lady and the writers moved the Lois relationship forward only after she voluntarily left the series.

If people disliked Lana so much why does the Clana site on Facebook has more than double the Clois number of likes, even when the biggest Clois site in Facebook includes not only Erica Durance but also Amy Adams. The same happens on youtube if you search shipper's videos, Clana will always come on top.

I'm not even proposing moving Lana in front of Lois but using the actress that played Lana to play Lois in this new universe but this may be the wrong place to post this as I'm already being remembered "how much was Lana hated". Plus the reality is the series (Flash & Supergirl) are on the CW, Erica Durance is tied up with another series from another network, and Kristin Kreuk is finishing up a series for the CW and will be available for next seasons.
              Last edited by Simon-EL; 06-01-2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but it was not exclusive to the boards here. I didn't join Ksite when Smallville first came on the air, I was on sites like LiveJournal and the like... and there was plenty of people on the entire internet who hated her. Heck, there's even an "I hate Lana Lang" page on Facebook which was started up when Smallville headed into it's fifth season. And it has millions of likes.

And google Anti-Lana Sites... there's still a lot of them out there.

Look, I was an Clana shipper back in the day but even I had to agree that she overstayed her welcome. Lana Lang was supposed to be Clark's first love, but the two of them should've moved on when the series moved to Metropolis and Lois Lane was there all the time. Face it, the writers wanted to keep the superman mythology... they said so themselves. But they were trying to have their cake and eat it too when they kept up the clana drama while Clark was dating Lois Lane, which made some people dislike Lana all the more!

I wouldn't had minded if they changed some things about Superman... they could had said that the Smallville universe was simply a offshoot of the Comic book Superman universe that the fans liked so much.
                Then the writers would had been more at liberty to do certain things, like keep Lionel Luthor and The fortress's AI as the main villains of the series.
                And the writers would had been free to explore the Clana romance to their heart's content without having to worry about the superman mythology thing.

After all, that's the beauty about Alternate universes. But, the director and the writers were totally adamant that this was the *MAIN* one, and so they totally screwed the pooch on that one... and thanks to their actions Lana Lang overstayed her welcome on the show.

Comment

Think of it this way, some people were against a black Jimmy Olsen until the Supergirl series flat out stated this was pretty much an Alternate universe of sorts, which was completely separate from the main Comic book universe.

Fanboys and Fangirls are fine with changes and the like once they realize that the TV shows are simply just another parallel universe.... we get those all the time in comic books and in elseworld tales.

White, red-headed Jimmy Olsen still exists in the comic books... so it's not like he was replaced by a black doppelganger.

That's why I think they screwed up by claiming that Smallville was the main universe. The strict adherence to Superman Mythology was pretty much guaranteed once they did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
                    I hate to break it to you, but it was not exclusive to the boards here. I didn't join Ksite when Smallville first came on the air, I was on sites like LiveJournal and the like... and there was plenty of people on the entire internet who hated her. Heck, there's even an "I hate Lana Lang" page on Facebook which was started up when Smallville headed into it's fifth season. And it has millions of likes. And google Anti-Lana Sites... there's still a lot of them out there.
                    I searched facebook and the only site with the same name I could find has only 200 likes. And I'm not making up facts, for your convenience and everyone else that thinks the fans that hang around on these boards is the Smallville universe of fans take a look and compare the numbers:

I HATE LANA LANG..
                    Community
                    200 people like this
                    Meta helps people, communities, and businesses do more together through our technologies and immersive experiences.

kristin kruek (lana lang)
                    Community
                    3,021 people likes
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Clana (Clark & Lana of Smallville)
                    TV Show
                    14,033 people like this
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

CLOIS - Clark Kent and Lois Lane
                    Fictional Character
                    5,981 people like this
                    CLOIS - Clark Kent and Lois Lane. 8,029 likes · 9 talking about this. This is the UNOFFICIAL FACEBOOK FAN PAGE OF CLARK KENT/SUPERMAN AND LOIS LANE. It's a place for peo

And for sure I'm going to get another comment about how much hated was the character of Lana Lang from another poster but I'm stating right now I'm not going to respond, its just annoying for people that like the character and probably why I have such few posts in these boards. Besides, this thread is to mention who would you cast as Clark and Lois, right? so moving on. Don't wanted to turn this into another Lana hate thread or Lana vs Lois thread.

I apologize if I'm being harsh but after awhile it gets old.

Comment

Kristen was in many other roles besides smallville, and she's in shows like Beauty and the Beast... so it's no wonder why she would have that many fans... it has nothing to do with Smallville or the character she played. If you don't really know about the other roles she played, then you're not really a fan of the actress herself, you just like Lana Lang.

I don't hate Lana Lang, I just hate what the writers did to her. I think there was ways to keep her relevant without putting her into those weird situations like turning her into an overpowered mary sue with superpowers.

Hell, I've been thinking that Smallville could had taken the golden age comicbook route. You know, where Clark Kent wasn't hooking up with anybody but the stories tease both CLana and Clois. and then have the finale make the fans wonder who he ended up with. That way everyone's happy because they can decide for themselves if it was Lana or Lois he ended up with.

Anyway, I still think that Kristen is way too well-known as Lana Lang for DC universe fans, so they would feel confused if she was to play Lois Lane. So they would keep on thinking of her as Lana Lang even when she was playing Lois Lane.

Comment

Katy Cassidy would make a good Lois Lane.

Comment

Originally posted by acer15
                          Katy Cassidy would make a good Lois Lane.
                          That would be interesting that when she shows up as Lois Lane if she does play her.

Because Supergirl will have a crossover with Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow.

Comment

Kristen Kreuk as Lois Lane? That definitely would be interesting...rather difficult to picture though lol because when you see her you automatically think Lana. It was interesting to see her character in Beauty and the Beast though, which is some what similar to Lois...in how she kicks butt with criminals, and likes to help Vincent; fight along with Vincent rather than be vulnerable like. I can't think of anyone on the top of my head for Lois...Looks wise, Demi Lovato ? lol though kinda young. Dunno many actresses lol.

Comment

Rachel Bilson is my choice for Lois Lane, I can totally seeing her matching verbal jabs with Cat Grant it will be Lois vs Cat round 1 sharing Pot sticks and pizza with Kara, chummy it up with Jimmy, http://images.en.yibada.com/data/ima...lson.png?w=685
                              Last edited by AndieSparks; 10-17-2016, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎