No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Eleven-Fifty-Nine?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BkWurm1
    I have to disagree with the bolded part. I think they had set up why and how she was going to die right in the very beginning of the season. Her dad was threatened with exactly what happened in either the first or second episode. So they had a plan even if the plan was problematic.
    I'm sorry, but by the very fact that they had to basically stop the main story to do it and then jump right back as if nothing had happened storywise, proves that they didn't plan it. Of course, it doesn't matter because either the writing is so bad that they couldn't take the time to plan ahead or they did take the time and it's so bad that this is what we got.
    Originally posted by BkWurm1
    So what I'm understanding is that if Oliver was faced with the choice of either Laurel dying or his son being threatened but absolutely fine, (like 100% know that as a fact that he'd be fine) you think that Oliver would chose to let Laurel die because just the threat to his son is worse?
    In actuality it was more like there being a continued threat to his son simply because of Darkh's existence, not to mention Darkh having already tried to murder his sister, best friend and fiance and crippled her. His son being threatened and there being a continuous threat to him is enough motivation for someone like Oliver, making Laurel's death utterly meaningless in comparison, to him. Especially considering Laurel means very little to him. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

• I'll accept that DD had been a continuous threat to everyone including William, before Laurel's death, but Oliver thought he had him contained so he wasn't trying to kill him. He didn't feel he needed to kill him and frankly if they'd done a bit better about not giving him his stone idol back, he would have been.

William vanished so that he'd be safe from future bad guys but DD wasn't considered a threat at that point. Oliver at that point did not feel he had any immediate need to kill him. Dahrk could have escaped and started making threats again to his sister or his now absent child that might have pushed Oliver to want to kill him but DD instead killed Laurel so Laurel got to be the motivation.

I think what you are telling me is that Oliver already had plenty of reasons to have wanted to kill him before Laurel ever happened, but he just didn't choose to act on them and you find that hard to understand why he didn't?
      Last edited by BkWurm1; 09-21-2016, 09:45 PM.

Comment

I'll accept that DD had been a continuous threat to everyone including William, before Laurel's death, but Oliver thought he had him contained so he wasn't trying to kill him. He didn't feel he needed to kill him and frankly if they'd done a bit better about not giving him his stone idol back, he would have been.

William vanished so that he'd be safe from future bad guys but DD wasn't considered a threat at that point. Oliver at that point did not feel he had any immediate need to kill him. Dahrk could have escaped and started making threats again to his sister or his now absent child that might have pushed Oliver to want to kill him but DD instead killed Laurel so Laurel got to be the motivation.

I think what you are telling me is that Oliver already had plenty of reasons to have wanted to kill him before Laurel ever happened, but he just didn't choose to act on them and you find that hard to understand why he didn't?
        I'm saying that Laurel's death is so meaningless to Oliver in comparison to everything else Darkh did that it wasn't what Oliver needed to push him to that, not just because Laurel's death is so minute, but also because Oliver has already been pushed to that, not just this season, but last season as well. But no, Oliver didn't think that Darkh was contained, because he couldn't think that, because he knew that Darkh still had his connections. It would also be extremely naive for Oliver to think his son was completely safe. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!
        Last edited by Dagenspear; 09-22-2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Oliver didnt give any indication by his actions that he was concerned about DD not being contained but what you are saying is he knew DD was not secured and therefore Oliver not doing anything earlier was so negligent that basically Oliver got Laurel killed?

Comment

• I know the show made it seem as though Laurel's death is what made "the decision" for him, but I also got the impression based on the timing of events that Oliver might've backed off his vengeance trip at the last second if not for the nukes. Am I way off on that?

Comment

Oliver didnt give any indication by his actions that he was concerned about DD not being contained but what you are saying is he knew DD was not secured and therefore Oliver not doing anything earlier was so negligent that basically Oliver got Laurel killed?
              No. He shouldn't murder anyone at all. But Oliver knew about Darkh's connections, so he had no reason to think that he was secured is what I'm saying. It makes no sense to think that. Have a very great day!

God bless you all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                I know the show made it seem as though Laurel's death is what made "the decision" for him, but I also got the impression based on the timing of events that Oliver might've backed off his vengeance trip at the last second if not for the nukes. Am I way off on that?
                I've never really got any real indication of Oliver may have backed off if not for the nukes but then again, it could have been something I could have missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                  I know the show made it seem as though Laurel's death is what made "the decision" for him, but I also got the impression based on the timing of events that Oliver might've backed off his vengeance trip at the last second if not for the nukes. Am I way off on that?
                  Oliver seemed oddly dispassionate about killing Dahrk. So I get why it might have seemed like he'd backed off.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎