Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could push your own fan service to the show what it would be?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could push your own fan service to the show what it would be?

So, a bit lighter topic. And please, don't put here things like kill off character X/Y/Z, get rid of paring XYZ, as it will immedietely turn into another battlefield. However, posting something along the lines "write pairing XYZ more maturely" would be accurate IMO.

So, what I would want to see, and what will never happen in "Arrow":

1. Amanda Waller centric episode. (Ooops, not gonna happen, since she is dead.)

2. Quentin, who is brought to a situation when he has Moral Dilemmas and faces Hard Choice, because due to some circumstances he has to choose between his loyalty to Green Arrow and his duty (Ooops, not gona happen, because he was put on limited duty, and before long he will be dead.)

3. Cupid centric episode. Since her raising hell over the city would be a bit repetitive I would go here into something similar to "Harley Holidays". So Cupid goes for a psychiatric treatment to St. Walker's, gets better, is released, tries to live normal for a while, but before long happens something which ticks her off and the Team Arrow has to stop her. (Maybe nobody will die this time because of crazy love & obsession - look at the point about things being repetitive.)

4. Felicity and Laurel sharing some scenes/hanging out together to grab a coffee, anything. Actually they seem to have pretty good dynamics, and they are not enemies/rivals/whatever - although a part of fandom paints them so.

5. Doctor Pressnall (the psychiatrist from 3x07) making another appearance. (What? I said it's about fan service.)

6. Ollie using a bow in the flashbacks. Where is that recurve bow, I'm asking?

7. Ollie modyfing his costume to have full length sleeved jacket. Please. Do. This. Add those bracers.

8. Lance family centric episode. Which is not gonna happen since Lance's family is going soon to be annihilated.

9. Laurel doing DA job/in court/generally more stuff they showed in 4x16.

Any ideas to share?
    Last edited by Amarice; 03-25-2016, 11:53 AM.

1. If/When Oliver gets together with someone (I don't care if its Felicity/Laurel/Sara/some random lady he meets), it must be written maturely.
    2. No more 'this person can't talk to this one, and vice versa Cuz of the Reasons' BS.
    3. Ollie actually moving to be the Hood in the flashbacks.
    4. Accuracy! I didn't notice this until I was in another forum, but the 'paper clipping' with the picture of Oliver proposing and its accompanying story reads that Felicity got her degrees at Starling University, and Oliver got an MBA at said university.... Felicity went to MIT and Oliver went to Ivy League schools, also dropped out of them.
    5. No more killing main characters to A: create drama or B: get rid of a character they can't write anything good for (coughSladecough).

Comment

I would send Felicity to the Flash, she fits in better there. Laurel I would send to LoT to train with Sara. Oliver should go back to being a single, rich play boy. Too many masks on the show, Diggle should lose the costume. Thea should be the only other masked hero allowed, Green Arrow and Speedy is the way it's supposed to be. Stop with a big bad villain and go to 3 or 4 episode arcs. Follow Gotham's lead and go to 11 episodes then a 3 month break followed by another 11 episodes and another 3 month break, rinse and repeat.

Comment

A Laurel and Nyssa romantic relationship.

Comment

A Oliver would end up in a three-some with Nyssa and Sara where he frankly belongs if they want to depict a long-term ship. If not, he needs to be a playboy.

B. I would establish the dynamic between Nable!Ra's and Darhk and then actually write a story that allowed some of their Magneto and even more Magneto relationship to play on screen with shared screen time because the lack of it after the set up = WTF!

Comment

1. Laurel gets a metahuman canary cry and has a plot arc as she deals with it.
            2. Nyssa becomes a regular.
            3. We get a few scenes with Laurel, Thea, and Felicity bonding.
            4. Lady Shiva and Cheshire both come in as villains.

Comment

1. We need more scenes of different and unexpected pairings, either in their civilian lives or out in the field. Why can't Laurel and Felicity hang out once in awhile, or Laurel and Thea? Why can't Speedy and Spartan go on a mission or two on their own? Ollie would have plenty of reasons to delegate from time to time. Maybe they really buy into the all for one, one for all concept of teamwork but they don't all have to be out in the field at the same time, always.

2. Just seeing someone of Lady Shiva's skillset kick everyone's butt -- Malcolm and Ollie included -- would be event television to me.

3. More Nyssa. I wouldn't have minded seeing even part of a season of the Nyssa's rule as Ra's Al Ghul. I know we got a taste of the LOA civil war but I wanted a main course instead of just an appetizer.

4. Laurel as ADA visiting STARLabs and schooling Team Flash on due process re: holding prisoners:

"Laurel: And when was the last time your prisoners received legal counsel?

Barry: We kinda just lock 'em and forget 'em. *Laurel scribbles notes on legal pad, sweat forms on Barry's brow*

Laurel: Did you even inform them of their right to retain an attorney?

Cisco: Well, umm, you see, we kinda assumed the cops handled that. That is, when the cops did bring them to us. Sometimes, we just bring them here ourselves.

Laurel: 'Kinda assumed'? 'You bring them here yourselves', without informing them of their Miranda rights. At all? *scribbles notes in legal pad*

Barry: We're not in any trouble ... are we?

Cisco: Please don't say what I think you're going to say, Laurel, about right to counsel and all that jazz ...

Laurel: You mean, habeas corpus?

Cisco: And you just said what I was afraid you were gonna say. Well, on that note, my bladder gets squeamish in situations like this. It's telling me: no mas. Screaming, actually. Sorry, Barry, you're going solo on this. (he runs away)

*Laurel glares at Barry with a tsk-tsk expression, tapping her pen on her legal pad full of notes*

Barry: 'My bad' isn't going to cut here, right? *Laurel shakes her head* Umm ... wanna Belly Burger?"

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                1. We need more scenes of different and unexpected pairings, either in their civilian lives or out in the field. Why can't Laurel and Felicity hang out once in awhile, or Laurel and Thea? Why can't Speedy and Spartan go on a mission or two on their own? Ollie would have plenty of reasons to delegate from time to time. Maybe they really buy into the all for one, one for all concept of teamwork but they don't all have to be out in the field at the same time, always.

2. Just seeing someone of Lady Shiva's skillset kick everyone's butt -- Malcolm and Ollie included -- would be event television to me.

3. More Nyssa. I wouldn't have minded seeing even part of a season of the Nyssa's rule as Ra's Al Ghul. I know we got a taste of the LOA civil war but I wanted a main course instead of just an appetizer.

4. Laurel as ADA visiting STARLabs and schooling Team Flash on due process re: holding prisoners:

"Laurel: And when was the last time your prisoners received legal counsel?

Barry: We kinda just lock 'em and forget 'em. *Laurel scribbles notes on legal pad, sweat forms on Barry's brow*

Laurel: Did you even inform them of their right to retain an attorney?

Cisco: Well, umm, you see, we kinda assumed the cops handled that. That is, when the cops did bring them to us. Sometimes, we just bring them here ourselves.

Laurel: 'Kinda assumed'? 'You bring them here yourselves', without informing them of their Miranda rights. At all? *scribbles notes in legal pad*

Barry: We're not in any trouble ... are we?

Cisco: Please don't say what I think you're going to say, Laurel, about right to counsel and all that jazz ...

Laurel: You mean, habeas corpus?

Cisco: And you just said what I was afraid you were gonna say. Well, on that note, my bladder gets squeamish in situations like this. It's telling me: no mas. Screaming, actually. Sorry, Barry, you're going solo on this. (he runs away)

*Laurel glares at Barry with a tsk-tsk expression, tapping her pen on her legal pad full of notes*

Barry: 'My bad' isn't going to cut here, right? *Laurel shakes her head* Umm ... wanna Belly Burger?"
                And if Ollie is there watching he's gonna be shaking his head and mouthing, "You're doomed" behind Laurel's back, and then she gives and turns him the suspicious eye, at which point he tries (and utterly fails) to look innocent. And if either Dig or Joe is there, that's when they give one of their wise one liners...

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                  1. If/When Oliver gets together with someone (I don't care if its Felicity/Laurel/Sara/some random lady he meets), it must be written maturely.
                  2. No more 'this person can't talk to this one, and vice versa Cuz of the Reasons' BS.
                  3. Ollie actually moving to be the Hood in the flashbacks.
                  4. Accuracy! I didn't notice this until I was in another forum, but the 'paper clipping' with the picture of Oliver proposing and its accompanying story reads that Felicity got her degrees at Starling University, and Oliver got an MBA at said university.... Felicity went to MIT and Oliver went to Ivy League schools, also dropped out of them.
                  5. No more killing main characters to A: create drama or B: get rid of a character they can't write anything good for (coughSladecough).
                  I would say that when showrunners/writers forget what was earlier in the show it's a syndrome that the show starts to fall apart. Totally agree they should remember about that, as well use other means to push characters into directions they want them to take than Because of Reasons or killing someone off to create drama.

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                  I would send Felicity to the Flash, she fits in better there. Laurel I would send to LoT to train with Sara. Oliver should go back to being a single, rich play boy. Too many masks on the show, Diggle should lose the costume. Thea should be the only other masked hero allowed, Green Arrow and Speedy is the way it's supposed to be. Stop with a big bad villain and go to 3 or 4 episode arcs. Follow Gotham's lead and go to 11 episodes then a 3 month break followed by another 11 episodes and another 3 month break, rinse and repeat.
                  Totally agree that Felicity would fit much better in Flash part of the universe.

Also that crowd of masked heros is a problem in the show like "Arrow". Two can still work effectively, but the concept of the character like the Arrow is too close to An Individual Working Against The System to not lose it's character while there is so many others running around the city.

Alternatively dividing the team in two separate smaller ones could help.

Originally posted by costas22
                  A Laurel and Nyssa romantic relationship.
                  Originally posted by Raissa
                  A Oliver would end up in a three-some with Nyssa and Sara where he frankly belongs if they want to depict a long-term ship. If not, he needs to be a playboy.

B. I would establish the dynamic between Nable!Ra's and Darhk and then actually write a story that allowed some of their Magneto and even more Magneto relationship to play on screen with shared screen time because the lack of it after the set up = WTF!
                  If this show was on Netflix or HBO I could totally see Olyssa or/and Nyssa/Sara/Oliver happening.

Ah, adding some background to relationship of Ra's and Darhk would be a good move.

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
                  1. Laurel gets a metahuman canary cry and has a plot arc as she deals with it.
                  That could make a great character story-arc. They should make another explosion of S.T.A.R. Labs, which could also give Caitling Killer Frost powers.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                  I liked your short story. i guess that would be the end of this facility. (Srsly, I know, meta-humans caught by Barty are Bad People, but Laurel here pointed out things I was also wondering about)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎