No announcement yet.

Indiana Jones 5 (2019)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana Jones 5 (2019)

Disney has announced a fifth Indiana Jones movie, to be released July 19, 2019. Ford and Spielberg will both return.

Sigh, they couldn't help themselves. I love this franchise to death, but I wish they let it be. Sometimes it's just too late for sequels.

Comment

The movie reportedly will open 6 days after Harrison Ford turns 77. Nice belated birthday present if u ask me. Had a feeling this was coming after Force Awakens took the box office by storm.

Comment

Knew this was coming...

This is doable, but they can't have Indy in the action hero role anymore. Harrison Ford is too old. They either need to change his role in the films or change the tone of the franchise to something a little more intellectual (which I would be fine with).

And for the love of all that is holy, please limit the use of CGI and use practical sets and locations. The green screen crap in Crystal Skull was painful.

Comment

I wonder if there will be a Shia.

Comment

Can't say I'm surprised by this but it's not going to be something I'll go and see at the movies. I'll just wait for the DVD release or to catch it on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
              Knew this was coming...

This is doable, but they can't have Indy in the action hero role anymore. Harrison Ford is too old. They either need to change his role in the films or change the tone of the franchise to something a little more intellectual (which I would be fine with).

And for the love of all that is holy, please limit the use of CGI and use practical sets and locations. The green screen crap in Crystal Skull was painful.
              It might not be a bad idea to have him telling a story with flashbacks introducing a new, younger Indiana Jones. Kind of like they did with the Last Crusade and the Young Indy TV show. A while ago they were talking about Chris Pratt being the new Indy. I read recently that Harrison Ford was doing a sequel to Blade Runner as well.

Comment

the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

Comment

Comment

Apparently, Logan director James Mangold has entered talks to take over as director. While Spielberg will be a "hands-on" producer.

Comment

Score another director/writer change from Kathleen Kennedy. Not even her former mentor can stand to work with her.

Not sure why this movie is even happening. No Lucas, no Spielberg and Ford is there basically to pass the torch.
                      Last edited by costas22; 02-27-2020, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                        Score another director/writer change from Kathleen Kennedy. Not even her former mentor can stand to work with her.

Not sure why this movie is even happening. No Lucas, no Spielberg and Ford is there basically to pass the torch.
                        No one wants to work with KK. She must think that there's NOT enough diversity in this film. Disney has to check off several boxes before they can make a movie. It used to be nice to simply go to a movie to be entertained.

Probably bring in JJ so that he can remake Raiders of the Lost Ark and he can call it his own. JJ and KK can ruin another great franchise together.
                        Last edited by Glove; 05-17-2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Besides, who wants to watch an 80 year old action star swinging a whip?

Comment

This is a great movie. I watched it for free on the catmouse apk android app at techbigs, here you can also watch more free high quality TV channels and movies.
                            Last edited by MarkFrank; 08-10-2020, 12:20 AM.

Comment

George Hall (born 1916) played old Indiana Jones, on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (1992-1993), when he was like 76. Harrison Ford (born 1942) is currently 78-years-old.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎