0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

I liked it better than most of their recent episodes. They are setting up some interesting stuff for the remainder of the season: how Penguin figures in Strange's plans, Nygma losing the plot even more and Bruce living on the streets. Also, I'm not totally convinced they've wrapped up the Waynes' murder. There has to be more to it. Matches never looked too convincing.

Oh well. Still no Tabby.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
      Also, I'm not totally convinced they've wrapped up the Waynes' murder. There has to be more to it. Matches never looked too convincing.
      I agree. It was like he was doing his best to convince Bruce that he did it. Something about him just didn't add up.

Remember in the pilot, when they sort of did a close-up on the eyes of the killer right after it happened? Matches just didn't look right, he seemed too old. The killer struck me as being younger. There's more to it, for sure.

As for me, I gave it an 8. It played kind of slow, but I enjoyed it. Lori Petty's character, Jeri, was a hoot. I hope we'll see more of her. Seeing the more "docile" side of Penguin was interesting, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83

Remember in the pilot, when they sort of did a close-up on the eyes of the killer right after it happened? Matches just didn't look right, he seemed too old. The killer struck me as being younger. There's more to it, for sure.

As for me, I gave it an 8. It played kind of slow, but I enjoyed it. Lori Petty's character, Jeri, was a hoot. I hope we'll see more of her. Seeing the more "docile" side of Penguin was interesting, too.
        That's true. The killer looked younger and bigger in size, I think. Just as it tends to happen with Gotham, I think they used a red herring to throw us off for a while. Maybe they figured that Bruce's storyline can't be about his parents all the time, so they decided to put a lid on it for a while. When the series reaches its end, they might reveal who the real killer was and that's where Bruce's final journey towards the cape will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
          Just as it tends to happen with Gotham, I think they used a red herring to throw us off for a while. Maybe they figured that Bruce's storyline can't be about his parents all the time, so they decided to put a lid on it for a while. When the series reaches its end, they might reveal who the real killer was and that's where Bruce's final journey towards the cape will begin.
          Absolutely. I'm ok with not knowing for now.

Personally, I thought his battle against the corruption in WE was the best storyline, but I guess they won't revist that until he returns home from the streets.

Comment

This series just gets better with each episode! I was only slightly disappointed by the title of the episode because I assumed that it would be the introduction to Clayface, but alas it was not. I loved Bruce's arc in this episode, he's taking huge steps to becoming Batman and I love that he is trying to gain street experience, a requirement for his future job. The Alfred fight scene was hilarious Still unsure about how I feel about Matches Malone being the killer of Bruce's parents instead of Joe Chill. The 1989 Batman is one of my all time favorite films and I didn't have an issue with Joker being the killer of Thomas and Martha Wayne, though I always assumed that second man was Chill. Anyway, hope that some nod towards "Matches Malone" being Bruce's undercover alias is included at some point.

10/10

Also thought "Mad Grey Dawn" would be Mad Hatter's introduction but, again, does not appear to be so.

Comment

Enjoyed Bruce's arc in this episode. I also like that they had Bruce himself investigate and find the killer, instead of the police. In some versions of the Batman story, the cops catches the killer, in others they don't. Personally, the prefer the latter. Bruce grows up to become a masked vigilante. Which, in my opinion, calls for a level of distrust in traditional law enforcement. If the police are able to catch the killer, what does that say Bruce, apart from "the system works"? Meaning he would have no reason to take the law into his own hands.

Having to investigate the murders himself, also means that he's developing his detective skills, that he'll need as Batman (a thing live-action adaptations tends to forget is that Batman is supposed to be the world's greatest detective and just focus on action stuff), in a more realistic way.
              Last edited by jon-el87; 06-09-2017, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎