0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Smallville's "Solitude" was better.
    0%

I have to say, this ep started off so well but then it just kind of steadily became bad over time. Not one of Supergirl's strongest episodes at all.

What was with Indigo's design? She was like a bad X-men knock-off of Mystique.... and what was with the hair-rows hairdo? Laura Vandervoot is normally hot but she just looked downright silly in this ep, and some of her one-liners were really cringe-worthy too.
    It's kind of disappointing that the former Super-girl had to make her appearance like this.

Whatever happened to Brainaic's race being green-skinned??

And then there was the CW-style teeny drama going on with Lucy Lane and James Olsen.... ugh. And then Winn with that girl?

Those were the elements that really dragged down what were a otherwise good ep. This gets an 5/10 from me.

Comment

Indigo technically started out Blue skinned with Red hair.

It wasn't until later that she got Teal skin while keeping the Red hair.

Comment

It's amazing how quickly lucy went from useful to annoying for me; She is now my least favorite character. And I'm surprised she didn't put two and two together regarding Kara/Supergirl. Von is starting to grow on me, a little; I'm also surprised that they let the cat out of the bag as quickly as they did regarding Astra. Indigo, i thought is a good opponent for Supergirl. But Not sure what Silver Banshee's overall plan is.

Comment

Love the Fortress in this episode and I didn't think they would use the Key. Plenty of easter eggs here with the Legion ring, Omegahedron, and Kelex.

Laura as Indigo did well and she's now up there with Livewire as among the top villains for Supergirl.

Winn needs to quit Catco and work for the DEO.

The ending was the best and it got to me. It won't be easy for Supergirl from this point onward.

Comment

This episode title sort of reminds me of the Smallville episode of the same name. All I can say though is thank god this FOS doesn't have Jor-El in it, the robot was 100% times better. lol

Comment

Just in case people were still questioning whether or not SG and the Arrowverse are linked via the Multiverse, that Legion Ring of Superman's is the exact same one we saw as an Easter Egg on The Flash in "Welcome to Earth-2".

Comment

The Indigo storyline was decent, but not all that extraordinary compared to some of the other episodes this season. The Fortress and the various easter eggs there like the Legion ring was nice. The wrap-up on the Hank-Kara-Alex troubles over Astra's death was probably the most well-handled.

I hope this is the last of the Jimmy/Lucy problematic relationship storyline. While Lucy is great in some ways, I am not one for relationship drama, so I don't want to keep seeing this crop up episode after episode with her being snippy with James over what he says to Kara or him helping Supergirl. That said, James should've really thought through whether he could commit to his relationship with Lucy. They both hold blame, but as a man myself, I still think James holds the onus of the blame.

And of course they do exactly what I expressed a hope against and have Siobhan and Winn entering into a 'relationship'....

5/10. Too many lackluster elements and relationship stupidity for me to give it higher than that. Only reason its got a five is because it had a decent storyline and it didn't overly focus on relationship issues to the point they took over the show, unlike a certain other Berlanti-DC collaborative property...

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                  Indigo technically started out Blue skinned with Red hair.

It wasn't until later that she got Teal skin while keeping the Red hair.
                  I just feel that they could had designed this character better for Supergirl.... so that she didn't look like she was wearing a cheap Halloween suit with blue makeup. And so that people wouldn't think of the X-men character Mystique every time they looked at her.

I mean, there's ways to design a blue-skinned woman without looking like you're copying from other sources, right? I was wondering why they couldn't just keep her long and blonde hair with the blue skin, instead of doing the red cornrows hair thing. I know she had pink-red hair in the comics, but that doesn't mean they can't redesign her for TV.
                  That would had helped differentiate her from Mystique. Plus, the blonde hair would had been a nice shout-out to some of the future Brainaics, if you know what I mean.

I mean, come on... I can't be the only one who feels this way.

Comment

Better than last week, but not by a great margin. Supergirl is a peculiar show. For all the things you may like about it, there are just as many things to dislike.

Indigo was a decent villain of the week with a different kind of menace about her. I liked the fact that they established some kind of connection between her and Kara. It's quite fitting when you consider who plays Indigo.

On that note, gosh I've missed Laura Vandervoort on my screen.

I was beyond glad to see the drama about Astra's killer come to an end. At least they didn't drag it out for a few more episodes. And for what it's worth, the scene where Alex confesses was terrific and well acted by all 3 actors.

The Fortress scene was fantastic. And kudos to Kelx for being very helpful, unlike Alura's AI.

They just can't make you care about Lucy, James or their relationship in general. It's just pointless romantic drama that we could do without. If the goal is to have James and Kara hook up, why go through the trouble of a love triangle (or two if we count Winn/Kara/James)? Haven't we had enough of it on other shows? Also, I didn't like the part Kara played in this. They made her an instigator of the subsequent break up, even if she didn't mean to. She shouldn't have gotten involved at all.

Winn had a weird kind of episode. He felt like a doormat for the most part, but he had his heroic moment in the end. And that's where the episode should have ended for him. The stuff with Siobhan made me groan a bit because it's obvious it won't end well.

Cat remains unlikeable for me. I wonder how Lucy feels working with her now.
                    Last edited by costas22; 03-01-2016, 07:17 AM.

Comment

It was a fun but average episode. I'd have to agree that the pluses and minuses cancelled each other out.

FOS mythology shout-outs were good -- but the Indigo plot was just okay. LV did well in the role, but it was one of those villain-of-the-week roles that they could have cast anyone in. I think they could have come up with something better for an ex-Supergirl guest star. At least there was that tease at the end, so we may not be done with her yet.

The 'Who killed Astra' subplot was resolved quickly, not dragged out further and handled well -- buuut, they've totally ramped up the melodrama spinning out of the Kara/Jimmy/Lucy triangle. Just when we've rinsed off the Kara/Winn fallout, along comes the end of the Jimmy/Lucy relationship. Let the sudsy lathering begin.

(Does anyone else think the Kara/Jimmy situation is basically Usher's 1997 breakout r 'n b hit 'You Make Me Wanna'? The lyrics are totally Jimmy's side of it. Enjoy.) Guess the Dawson's Creek soapy DNA in the Berlanti-verse is never truly far from the surface.

I was worried that Winn would be snagged by Siobhan. I guess he can return his dude-can't-catch-a-break membership card, now that he's joined the Silver Banshee tonsil hockey team If there's a plus, it's that Jimmy isn't also in love with her. It would be hard to stick him in that triangle now that "Kara makes him wanna leave the one he's with, start a new relationship ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
                        This episode title sort of reminds me of the Smallville episode of the same name.
                        Just looked it up to see which episode that was and holy ****! Both Smallville and Supergirl episodes called Solitude involved the Fortress of Solitude and Brainiac, and while she wasn't in Smallville's Solitude, Laura Vandervoort was in this episode as Brainiac 8 and she previously played Brainiac in Smallville when he was posing as Kara.

Also, loved this episode. This show just keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                          I was worried that Winn would be snagged by Siobhan. I guess he can return his dude-can't-catch-a-break membership card, now that he's joined the Silver Banshee tonsil hockey team If there's a plus, it's that Jimmy isn't also in love with her. It would be hard to stick him in that triangle now that "Kara makes him wanna leave the one he's with, start a new relationship ..."
                          Yeah, he really lucked out. That's probably what will make him snap and become Toyman down the line. He has worse luck with women than I have with the lottery.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎