0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Episode Fail!
    0%

Very good episode. As good as anything they've done so far. Starting to warm up to characters like Jax and Kendra. The rest of them were fun as always. Especially Mick, Sara and Snart. It's also nice to see the team starting to bond, although I laughed hard at Mick's "more drinking, less feeling" line.

Can't wait for next week.

Comment

Another solid entry. I esp. liked the Sara and Snart interactions, as well as Ray and Mick. Snart's got his own moral code, honour among thieves that he's imparting on Sara the assassin. She's long been used to operating solo and even with Team Arrow she was never inner circle in the way Diggle or Felicity was, so it was nice to see a bit of a reversal where the thief plays a part in resetting Sara's moral compass. This alone raised the ep up a notch and when you add the growth for both Mick and Ray (great to see unusual/unexpected partnerships among the team!) it was a solid episode.

Jax and Kendra had their own subplot, and good thing too as they are the ones I'm still getting invested in as characters. They are the ones with the shortest ramping up period prior to the LOT launch -- I don't know them as well as the others so it's to their benefit. With the tease at the end, I cannot wait to see dystopian future Star City next week. Multiverse forever!

Comment

You know, I have said this before, and I have a feeling I'm gonna keep saying it: Marc Guggenheim and his team need to really take a look at what is being done here on "Legends". Yeah, MG is a EP on this show, but he spends most of his time on Arrow, just like Kreisberg spends more of his time on Flash and Berlanti flits about as needed while developing new projects. This is the fifth episode of "Legends", and it is also the fifth 10/10 score from me for this series. How is it that we have a crapfest (Arrow) a mixedfest (Flash) and a wonderfest (Legends) from the same people? How completely idiotic can they be? Or is it just a matter of them learning from mistakes with Arrow and applying that to Flash, and then taking mistakes from Arrow and FLash and learning how to handle them when it comes to Legends?

Now, this was a really wonderful episode. It had a great deal of development in surprising areas; like in the previous episode, it showed that Mick Rory is not just a raging psychopath with a love of fire, he has some deep aspects and this shows when he's unwilling to leave Ray Palmer when Snart comes to rescue them.

Snart helping Sara become more than an assassin is a very interesting role for him, and combined with the previous episodes shows what I am assuming are the elements that, in some versions of the character, turn him into Citizen Cold, a hero in his own right. Perhaps we will see an emergence of Citizen Cold on "The Flash" as a result of this (if they don't decide to keep Mick and Snart on the team for the second year!). Sara's moral complexity in this series is showcased far better than in Arrow, where it was dependent upon the whims of Marc Guggenheim and how much he wanted to please the Felicity fans (Sara's abrupt departure and rejoining the League of Assassins being what I refer to here). I am honestly enjoying the dynamic she has with Cold as a teammate, and with the rest of the crew in general.

Now, Snart being Snart, I can't help but think he is looking at Sara as a possible recruit for his Rogues. He and Rory get along with her very well as we've seen, and I can certainly see her getting along with Lisa. *smirks* I can also imagine her and Lisa bamboozling poor Cisco. Hehehe...

Anyways, the most surprising aspect of this episode was Ray Palmer. Who knew he had such a dirty mind? Or has he been paying attention to the trash-talking Mick and Snart do to their enemies and decided to employ a few of them?

Comment

So far "Legends" have all I was expecting of this type of the show. Despite having eight main characters, nobody is neglected here. In this episode Jeff and Kendra have their moment, and in the end those two save the day, but they are not the only ones. Snart acting as Sara's conscience, Ray taking a beating for Mick, Rip learning that he should trust his teammates, when they say they want to take the risks, Professor Stein and Jeff's relationship... Liked also another of Rip's confrontation with Savage. That is the main conflict, which runs through all of the episodes - for time travelers only short time passes, but for Savage - years. I don't want to repeat, but I agree what other posters - President_Luthor and JDBenz - has already said. Other showrunners, especially MG, should learn from "Legends" and how to make good, enjoyable show.

Not to mention that this one short scene at the end, with Connor Hawke as Green Arrow, when he surprises our heroes, was far more climatic that anything they showed us in "Arrow" in season 3 & 4, and brought back the good memories of season 1 & 2.

The only problem I had with that episode was that none of our heores didn't even notice that the whole gulag with prisoners and guards was blown up in that explosion, probably killing everyone in the process. I'm supposed to understand by that that all of them were very-bad-people-who-deserved-to-die.

I'm looking forward to post-apocalyptic Star City 2046. I guess a city in ruins in that year somehow mirrors what state "Arrow" as the show currently is, or perhaps to what focusing on relationship drama will lead on.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
            The only problem I had with that episode was that none of our heores didn't even notice that the whole gulag with prisoners and guards was blown up in that explosion, probably killing everyone in the process. I'm supposed to understand by that that all of them were very-bad-people-who-deserved-to-die.
            Actually, the impression I got was that our heroes were more preoccupied with not dying in the explosion themselves to stop and think about the other people there. I also got the impression that everyone else were also running away from the flaming woman about to explode too. So There might actually been survivors. Who knows? The explosion also didn't look that big to me, just powerful enough to make the underground cells collapse and whatever.

Comment

Snart: "This isn't my first Prison Break." - Priceless!!!

1986 - Same year as Chernobyl "accident"...or was it?

Overall a good ep with minor issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Amarice
                So far "Legends" have all I was expecting of this type of the show. Despite having eight main characters, nobody is neglected here. In this episode Jeff and Kendra have their moment, and in the end those two save the day, but they are not the only ones. Snart acting as Sara's conscience, Ray taking a beating for Mick, Rip learning that he should trust his teammates, when they say they want to take the risks, Professor Stein and Jeff's relationship... Liked also another of Rip's confrontation with Savage. That is the main conflict, which runs through all of the episodes - for time travelers only short time passes, but for Savage - years. I don't want to repeat, but I agree what other posters - President_Luthor and JDBenz - has already said. Other showrunners, especially MG, should learn from "Legends" and how to make good, enjoyable show.

Not to mention that this one short scene at the end, with Connor Hawke as Green Arrow, when he surprises our heroes, was far more climatic that anything they showed us in "Arrow" in season 3 & 4, and brought back the good memories of season 1 & 2.

I'm looking forward to post-apocalyptic Star City 2046. I guess a city in ruins in that year somehow mirrors what state "Arrow" as the show currently is, or perhaps to what focusing on relationship drama will lead on.
                I don't expect this honeymoon period to last, but Legends really is just a fun show and I've felt that they're doing a really great job of balancing the cast well. Everyone is given moments to shine in each episodes and they're really mixing it up with various partnerships and trios for each portion of the plot. I'm loving seeing the unlikely duos and trios and how they interact and just seeing how the various personalities are clashing and learning to work together, and how it's giving each character room to develop. And this is a show that is unabashedly FUN. They're embracing the cheeseball aspect of comics and just running with it and it's making for really enjoyable TV.

I'm very excited to see Connor Hawke and future Star City next episode too.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
                  I don't expect this honeymoon period to last, but Legends really is just a fun show and I've felt that they're doing a really great job of balancing the cast well. Everyone is given moments to shine in each episodes and they're really mixing it up with various partnerships and trios for each portion of the plot. I'm loving seeing the unlikely duos and trios and how they interact and just seeing how the various personalities are clashing and learning to work together, and how it's giving each character room to develop. And this is a show that is unabashedly FUN. They're embracing the cheeseball aspect of comics and just running with it and it's making for really enjoyable TV.

I'm very excited to see Connor Hawke and future Star City next episode too.
                  I think that 1-2 seasons (if there is going to be a second one) is an average lifespan of this type of series. First season is fresh and new, second can do things differently/use exactly the opposite tropes/themes, while in third usually everything falls apart (come to think of that, a lot of shows nowadays seems to suffer similar fate/follow the similar pattern, "Arrow" is no exception).

"Legends" are not original in any way, but as you said, they take fun aspects of comics, with all its ridiculousness, nonsense and convenient solutions, and use them quite skillfully - and that makes this show so enjoyable.

Comment

Legends is one of my favorite shows, lots of action and a ton of fun. I tried to explain the premise recently to a friend, and it didn't go so well . I told him that River Song crossed the multi-verse, had a daughter named Sara who died and was regenerated as the White Canary. Sara then joined her Grandfather, Captain Rory on his Time machine and the two of them had adventures throughout all of time and space. Seems quite straightforward to me.

Comment

Nice homage to Dr. Strangelove with them playing "We'll Meet Again", after a nuclear explosion. Also liked it when Mick and the guard called Ray (played by a former Superman actor) "boy scout".

I would've liked to have seen some reference, to the Soviets trying to build their own Atom suit (which could lead to the eventual creation of Rocket Red).

But, overall, I really enjoyed this episode.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎